Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SUV gas mileage - Feel free to participate

1303132333436»

Comments

• motoguy128motoguy128 Posts: 146
    2009 Honda CR-V EX AWD.

On a recent trip driving 5-10mph over the limit (so 60-75mph) I average 27.3mpg.

On short trips I average anywhere from 12-19mpg depending on time of year and how much I leave the car idling in hot or cold weather when I pick-up my daughter from daycare. I'm pretty hapy with that overall.

My highest is 30.1mpg driving 55-60mph with no wind on hilly rurla 2-lane roads and allowing the car or accelerate downhill and lose speed uphill to prevent a downshift and keeping the torque converter unlocked.

I still wish it has a 6 speed so it was a little more responsive when you needed power to pass. I find that 2nd gear is a little too short and 3rd gear is a little too tall a lot of the time.
  • ateixeiraateixeira Posts: 72,587
    2010 model, AWD, 2.0l engine with 150hp.

Getting between 21mpg city and 30mpg highway.

Interestingly, no better than our 2.5l US-spec Forester gets, despite the smaller engine. Roads here are awful, though, with lots of pot holes and speed bumps you have to slow down for.
  • propwash49propwash49 Posts: 38
    Doesn't the fuel down in Brazil have a lot higher ethanol content than it does in the US? If so, that would account for at least part of the reason you're not getting the mileage that you might expect.
  • gmashgmash Posts: 1
    On vacation trip with loaded car, Thule box on top and bike rake off back, 16 mpg...not bad and if didn't have Thule box on or bike rake, would expect 18 or even 19 mpg, but around town daily driving, no better than 13 - 14 mpg
  • ateixeiraateixeira Posts: 72,587
    I'm not sure, but it does have some ethanol content. To be fair, so does ours (in MD at least, E10 IIRC).
  • jnnt29jnnt29 Posts: 9
    I took a trip from North New Jersey to Myrtle Beach SC and got 30 MPGs on the highway and 25 in the city. Very happy with this mileage
This discussion has been closed.