Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

GMC Yukon / Yukon Denali

Comments

• elgato88elgato88 Member Posts: 10
    Can somebody provide me with a list part numbers for Catch-All Floor mats (Front, 2nd, 3rd, and trunk) for 2001 Yukon XL Denali. I called Nifty and get one set of number and I went to a local dealer and got another set of numbers. Help!!!

Thanks
  • mbclk430mbclk430 Member Posts: 58
    Are they ready yet?
  • ccpd400ccpd400 Member Posts: 12
    To keep you all up to speed on my previous posts.
    The windshield wind noise was fixed by removing and resealing the windshield.

Front differential was replaced and this solved the howl at 35 MPH.

No other problems. For those of you writing about bug deflectors/hood guards.. I have always bought clear ones then painted them to match by painting the BACK side (mask the front)this gives a durable deep color.

With any new vehicle the first oil change is best at 1500 miles. This removes a lot of the evils from the early break in period. Been doing it for 20 years and never a motor problem well in excess of 100k miles.

Anybody found a place to get fender flairs for the DXL?
  • rhanson3rhanson3 Member Posts: 69
    My windshield makes a whistle with the bug shield and no whistle without it. The dealer told me to remove the bug shield as the XL sounds fine without it so the warranty would not cover problems with aftermarket accessories. I even sealed around the top and sides of the windshield with no success. Did you have a problem with the noise even without the bug shield on? Was your noise a whistle or just wind noise? Thanks for your help.
  • obyoneobyone Member Posts: 7,841
    What brand/model bugshield do you have? It does make a difference...
    I have a Lund Trident
    has not caused any wind noise or whistling sound on both of my trucks. Was there a particular reason for choosing the Trident?
    The windshield noise was without a hood shield
    I was told the lund trident had a lower profile look. It was recomended by the sales rep at auto accessories, however now they won't take it back because it has been painted.
    Heard of ebay?
  • larrys7larrys7 Member Posts: 35
    It should not matter if it is painted or not. They have a lifetime warranty.
    Sounds like you need to complain a bit more.
    If you have a problem contact me for more info 660-886-4474 wk / larrys@cdsinet.net
    I will help you regarding this nonsiense..
    Recommend LUND Interceptor.
    Just sent a painted & shipped one to NM for a guy :).
    I talked him out of a Trident.
    May try a Interceptor yourself.
    Also may need to check with dealer on a bead of silicone being place under windshield molding. Some 99/00 model pickups had wind noise around here and that fixed them..
    Front mats are out.
    Cargo mats are out.
    2nd/3rd seat mats are not available as of today.
    Info I received today.
    Will have a front set for mine Friday.
    I just ordered a bug deflector 2 from the dealer
    because they said they would take it back if it made noise, the on-line dealers said they would not take it back, even the company I purchased the trident from would not take a new deflector back that caused problems. NOW THATS CUSTOMER SERVICE. DON'T ORDER ANYTHING FROM AUTOACCESSORY.COM if there is a chance that it might be returned because they won't take it back.
    as a last resort, ebay.
    Did you have a chance to check the bug deflector2 and if it has those rubber inserts that go between it and the hood?
  • lalanelalane Member Posts: 39
    Part Number is 661238.......This include fronts, 2nd row, 3rd row, cargo and a piece that is used when you roll up the 3rd bench... Ordered mine yesterday from AutoAccessory.com.

Lalane
    The trident I have also has those rubber inserts and they appear to work OK with no hood problems.
    Those inserts are to alleviate any chance of the hood protector from making contact with the painted hood surface. That being the case, how do you clean/wax the area under the deflector? Is it difficult? Are those inserts easily removable for cleaning? Can your fingers reach in and under to reach all areas under the deflector? Long term effects? Just curious as one of the parameters in my search for a deflector was "no inserts" and easy to clean area under it, along with no additional "sound effects".

I'm also curious as to your dealers warranty response regarding the wind noise. If the windshield is "properly" sealed, there should be no windnoise regardless of what type of hood deflector you use. This is only my opinion so I gave the GM shop foreman a call and explained the situation. He said that if there are other objects in the area, there may be a chance that the hood deflector changes the air movement to contact this object. When I explained again that it was the front windshield, he said there shouldn't be any additional noise from the windshield if it is properly sealed.
    The hood is easily cleaned and waxed except where the little rubber inserts are. You can take the shield off in less than 2 minutes, inserts and all. re. the windshield, I don't disagree with you but the dealer will not do any more. If you call the on-line accessory stores most will read you a statement from the bug shield manufacturers that the shields are causing wind noise on certain 2001 sub's and xl's that why I won't purchases another on-line because they won't take them back. The dealer just called to tell me my bug guard 2 was in so I will put in on tomorrow and report back.
    resealed with a polyurathane sealant and found no more wind noise as it was a problem even without the bug guard. The sealant can be acquired through the dealer or any automotive glass shop. Let me see if I can find the TSB on it.

Meanwhile, good luck with the bug guard 2.
    Nifty told us yesterday - 6-6-01 they are still working on the 2nd seat for proper fit.

I had a set for my 01 DYXL & returned till proper mats are made. Not saying they will not work. They DO NOT FIT PROPER!!!... Double check this if you like. www.niftyproducts.com for applications.
    I have seen numerious trucks/SUVs over the past several years with so much hood damage with this type application. Adhesive on the rubber when stuck on a new hood has caused paint damage that can NOT be cleaned up or buffed out. Not to mention if a rubber stop comes off & even worse if two or more are not in proper placement. Serious paint damage has occured due to the shield directly against the paint, rubbing the clear coat, through the paint and even to the metal.

Highly recommend - LUND Interceptor!!
    Plenty of room to clean behind/between it & hood.
    Lifetime warranty.
    Can be painted to match vehicle.
    Good luck folks..
  • drb2002drb2002 Member Posts: 72
    Larry,

Can you tell me why (where) they don't fit? Details are good :)

Dave
    According to Nifty (spoke to them personally), they had issues on their first run of the mats. Don't know when larrys7 bought his or which lot of mats he received. Apparently the mats were based on the regular Yukon and Yukon XL and didn't realize the differences in the Denali's and I was assured (since I have the 2nd row bucket seats) that the 3rd row (1 piece, looks like the 2nd row) will fit . But, proof is in the pudding. I will let you guys know 7-10 days.
    Dave,
    I understood 2nd & 3rd row. I sent mine back till this was fixed. I ordered them before mine arrived & found out they did not fit correctly from my rep where I purchase accessories. Waiting on next run myself. With a 40k invested I'll wait for a perfect fit. Tan towels are the fix for now. My YDXL has 2nd row bench seat. I'm going to sell mine - ordered a 2002 YDXL Tuesday. Waiting for changes on next model year.
  • willardh3willardh3 Member Posts: 18
    Larrys7,
    Since it looks like you have ordered a new DXL (02). Can you tell us what the changes are?
    Bigger gas tank/Auto AC w/Sunroof/etc??
    My neighbor just bought the 2nd row bench Catch-All for his 2001 Yukon XL, and I put it in my Denali XL. Long story short, it fits great! The very center of the mat "tucks" under the rear of the center console about 1/2 an inch.

If I had not seen it in his XL, I would never have thought it fit "incorrectly". What I'm trying to say, is that there is NO problem with the fit! If you ask me, the way it tucks under the console is great for holding it tight to the floor. After all, isn't that what you want it to do?

I can't believe all the people who have complained about this, and therefore resulted in my Denali going without "good" floor mats for 4 months.

Order placed....... Dave
    lalane,

I ordered the floor mats (PN# 661238) today as well. Since you'll be getting yours in a few days, I would be very interseted in hearing from you on how well it fits.

Thanks!
    Has anyone seen a good looking full front end mask for 2001 XL?
    I bought one for my DXL (autoaccessory.com). Made by Covercraft. It's a two piece mask. For me, all I wanted was the piece that covers about 10 to 12 inches of the hood which I must say looks awesome by itself. The other piece covers the grill (mesh screen), bumper and has cutouts for the license plates, headlamp assembly, and fog lamp. That piece is very involved and I haven't tried to install it yet. What I don't like about that piece is in some locations the bendable tabs are reinforced with velcro. However, the velcro is hidden. I live in So. Cal and we reach temperatures above 110 degrees. Those adhesive backed velcro stickers will not be able to maintain it's "stickyness". So for me, at the cost of $79.99, the hood bra will only be used on long trips. I spoke to Covercraft and Colgan (2 weeks ago) and the side mirror bras will be available by end of June. Just my 2 cents.

Lalane
    Does the instructions for your cover bra say anything about the mask getting wet from rain or being exposed repeatedly to foul weather?

I remember that it was one of the reasons I didn't get one. Everytime it rained, the mask had to come off. Cause when the sun hit it and it dried on the paint....well the manufacturer of the mask didn't recommend letting that happen....
    The only thing that they (manufacturer) mention is that if you are continually driving during bad (wet) weather the air will dry the "felt" like material and will not harm the finish. However, I personally have experienced that with a warm hood and moisture buildup under the bra WILL cause the clear coat to "haze". This is not good. I typically remove the bra (if wet) as soon as I reach my destination before the engine compartment can cool down. The little hood piece can be installed in 45 seconds and removed in 10.
  • slide2slide2 Member Posts: 1
    Just got the Denali with 17 inch Michelins on the corners, but the spare is a 16 inch Firestone Wilderness ATS spare.... Is this standard?? Dealer says it is.
    Just purchased and installed "catch all type" floor mats from weathertech ( www.weathertech.com)
    Great fit, rears are scored so you can get a tight custom fit with a " factory" type edge. Also put in the cargo liner. The large one allows you to keep it in and still use the third seat (talking about DXL) when the seat is down it fits fine and when folded up it covers the whole floor. The GREY color works well with the interior.

Thanks for the info on stone shields. Just hard to find an interceptor in clear. Lots of smoke out there. Anyone find any wheel flairs yet for the DXL?
  • kikinjkikinj Member Posts: 6
    I'm going to be buying a 2001 Denali XL and have some questions. First, the dealership doesn't have the exact one I want (none of the dealers around here do)... they said they can find one at another dealership for me and have it within 48 hours. Do I want them to do this, or is it better to order it right from the factory?

Second, when we start discussing price, is it better to let the salesman make the first offer or me?

Third, I found Southern GM's website from this message board. I would rather buy locally though. Should I use them as a starting point in my negotiating? To buy from them would end up costing $500 over invoice when you add the cost to ship it to me. If I show the local dealer the stuff I printed from Southern GM and say to them right from the start that the most I'm willing to pay is $500 over invoice, will they actually go for that? Or will I end up haggling regardless?

Thanks for any help you guys can give me!
  • campo57campo57 Member Posts: 94
    There shouldn't be a problem with them getting the truck from another lot...may be some miles on it 'cause they usually drive it from the other dealer to the dealer you are using.

You won't be able to order a 2001 Denali as by now the lines should be shut down for the changeover to the 2002 model year. Production should start back up around the first week of July.

I'd personally let the dealer make the first offer, this way you can come back at or a little below invoice and work up from there.

As for using Southern's prices...you can try it. More than likely you're going to have to haggle if they are going to find the exact truck you want in a 2001 model year. If you are willing to wait for the 2002s then you'll have a little more bargaining power since the dealer will get all the holdback money.

Campo57
  • larry91larry91 Member Posts: 189
    I have been enjoying driving my 2001 Denali XL so much, that for this period of time, I had forgotten it was a GM, American made vehicle.
    Now, I am not against GM, American made vehicles, but I believe the quality lead is still maintained by the Japanese. Oh,... I have never owned a Japanese vehicle, but know many people that do, and they seem to have better fit and finish than our home grown models.
    The Minor Problems' I encountered are:
    1.....Rear doors misaligned and rubbing against the plastic threshold strips, causing bare metal to show thou,
    2.....Door lock insert on the drivers front door fell out,
    The first problem, the paint and misaligned door was corrected, the lock insert will be corrected next week,
    Minor, indeed, picky, maybe, nothing that a good, heart felt, final check couldn't have corrected.
    Just my five cents worth. Oh, by the way, I love the vehicle..
    PS....Has anybody found out what was on the minds of the Bose engineers, when they failed to allow the CD changer to pick up where it was when u shut it off for the nite?
    Do your homework on price on the edmunds site.
    Then YOU tell them what you are going to pay. Be reasonable. This is a vehicle with few options so write down the invoice price from the web site, add advertiseing fees, about 300 - 500 dollars, a reasonable profit( for this vehicle, 500 to 1000 over invoice)

I went into the dealer with all the numbers written down on a piece of paper along with the trade value I wanted on the top. They came in with my trade value on the first appraisal( I was very reasonable what it was worth).

After getting what I wanted for the trade, I gave the salesman the sheet of paper with what I was going to pay (in my market 750 over invoice)and a deposit check for $500. Told him this is the deal or I walk. First dealer wanted $1500 more on a counter offer. I got up and left. 2 hours later at the second dealer, I did the same thing.

They took it and that was that.

First dealer called back the next day and agreed to the deal.........Too bad for him.
    You are not alone. My doorlock fell out too.
  • larry91larry91 Member Posts: 189
    You'd better check the lower portion of your back doors too for any rubbing.
  • waitingonyukonwaitingonyukon Member Posts: 28
    That makes three of us. Mine fell out today. I told my wife about it (her truck) and she said she has pushed it back in about three times now.
  • trailhoundtrailhound Member Posts: 3
    This makes it 4 of us with a door lock falling out.. only the drivers door? Plus I lost the mud puddle light on the drivers side mirror.
    And I thought I was the only guy with this problem :}

I have a list of small items that need to be fixed, and I was just waiting to find all the small stuff for one visit. Here is my list.

1. Engine knocks when cold
    2. Engine pulley squeaks (which one?)
    3. 2nd row driver side seat heater doesn't work
    4. Rear roof rack does not latch on passenger side
    5. Rear hatch is very prone to not latching
    6. Steering wheel off center... Just kidding!

Dave
  • heatwave3heatwave3 Member Posts: 462
    I took delivery in Feb and now have about 4500 miles. I had to have the front end aligned and thats it, however the rear hatch (or possibly the sensor) has been prone to showing the hatch as not latched. Has anyone figured out how to reduce the pressure needed to close or the sensitivity of the sensor?
  • jgmilbergjgmilberg Member Posts: 872
    The sensor for the cargo door ajar is built into the latch, so it will most likely require replacement of the whole latch on the hatch. If yours comes on only when cornering that is the problem, I took my YXL in today to have the P/S lines looked at, I have a leak. He asked me about the hatch for no reason. He told me that early 2001 models had some bad latches that would read open when cornering, and in reality it was closed as far as it could go. Hope this helps.
  • kikinjkikinj Member Posts: 6
    Thanks for buying tips. Hopefully by the end of the month I will be a new Denali owner!
  • araftcoaraftco Member Posts: 23
    Check the connector plug underneath the seat bottom for proper connection. I had the same problem with the passenger side seat and the seat simply was not connected to the wiring harness.
    I started to notice a clicking noise (not knocking) coming from the engine compartment when at initial start up (morning) and the rythmn of the clicking coincides with the revolution of the belts. Is there such thing as a automatic belt tension device? Because it goes away. Can anyone advise???
    It's a perfect fit......The only exposed area is between the 2nd row bucket seats where I found a piece that will protect that area. Wished it was integrated with the Catchall but what can you do?? Now I can relax alittle when taking trips to the beach or the mountains.
    lalane,

Sounds like you got the Floor Mats that are designed for 2nd row bench seat. I thought Nifty part #661238 is desighed for Yukon XL with 2nd row bucket seat. I was looking at "www.sportwing.com/chachall/5piece.asp" the picture indicates that it is for Yukon XL with 2nd row bucket seat. Can you do me a favor and check out the web site and let me know if this is the same one that you received.