Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Subaru Forester (up to 2005)

Comments

• lark6lark6 Posts: 2,565
    I still buy C&D from time to time but skip over the prime culprits, Yates and Bedard. I still want to run in the One Lap of America someday, though.

Ed
  • ateixeiraateixeira Posts: 72,587
    Yates drives a massive Dually and a Mini Cooper S. Can you think of two more radical opposites?

-juice
  • kate5000kate5000 Posts: 1,264
    I've got tired of their mistakes, strange test results, endless admiration for Bavarian products and opinionated editorials. Well, an editorial is supposed to opinionated, is just that their opinion is too annoying. For next year, I'll probably keep subscription to Autoweek and of course there's always some car info in Consumer Reports. But R&T, C&T, MT and Automobile are gone now from my subscription list.
    Actually the biggest error in the C&D report is the weight. I still can't explain that. Maybe they had a pre-production sample?

Other mags report consistently lighter curb weights.

-juice
  • paisanpaisan Posts: 21,181
    I agree, I go out and do my own tests and/or talk to real owners...

-mike
    Yep, these boards are great, and a test drive tells all.

-juice
  • hypovhypov Posts: 3,068
    jimmyp1 Jun 18, 2002 10:56pm
    Are the animal rights advocate very certain that's a domesticated rabbit, or that that is even a rabbit?
    Looks like a hare to me.

-Dave
  • subaru_teamsubaru_team Posts: 1,676
    That would mean we've pulled our hare?

Patti
  • steverstever YooperlandPosts: 40,016
    When I googled that last week, it was a cottontail, and cottontails were rabbits, not hares.

Dang, now I'm gonna be humming "Here comes Peter Cottontail" all day again...

Steve
    Host
    SUVs, Vans and Aftermarket & Accessories Message Boards

Need help navigating? stever@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

• rangerron7rangerron7 Posts: 317
    "Hare today, gone tomorrow"
  • subaru_teamsubaru_team Posts: 1,676
    now isn't that splitting hares?
  • ducktapeguyducktapeguy Posts: 115
    Has anyone else gotten the letter from subaru saying they needed the forsters to be reprogrammed? I think this only applied to the 2000-2001 models, something about the ECU needs to be reprogrammed for some reason, or the check engine light will come on. I've only seen one post about it in the last 3 weeks, maybe this was discussed a while ago? Does anyone know exactly what they're gonna do, and if my car works fine, do I really need to take it in? I'm pretty happy with the way my car runs right now, getting about 25 mpg, I'm afraid after I take it in my mpg will drop and I'll end up having a lot of problems i've never had before.
  • kenskens Posts: 5,869
    Oh boy.....It's Wednesday, isn't it?

Ken
    Yeah, and...

Chat is only tomorrow.

ducktapeguy: no worries, it's just a flash upgrade, they do not reset the ECU. Someone had it done and reported mileage was unchanged.

The change makes it more fault-tolerant, so do get it done, it'll only save you time and needless pain down the road.

-juice
  • kenskens Posts: 5,869
    Actually, my post was in reference to the "hare" jokes. I posted it just a second to late and another one slipped in before mine.

Ken
  • tidestertidester Posts: 10,110
    You have to be quick as a bunny around here! <groan!>

tidester
    Host
    SUVs; Aftermarket & Accessories
  • joseph50joseph50 Posts: 235
    Have it done, but the guy at my dealer's service desk said over the phone not to make a special trip for it. It's OK to wait to your next oil change, inspection, or whathaveyou. No sense blowing away a morning of better part of a day having this done.
  • hypovhypov Posts: 3,068
    steve_ Jun 19, 2002 12:01pm

Steve-

never got to see the commercial :(

was looking at the pic from msnbc.com Jim posted.

You mean cotton tail like

-Dave

• kate5000kate5000 Posts: 1,264
    if it was showing mom and daughter saving runaway home pet rabbit from the dangers of the wild forest...
This discussion has been closed.