Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chevy S10 - GMC S15 and Sonoma Warning lights and trouble codes

Comments

• gonogogonogo Posts: 869
    You need to find a better mechanic.
  • Get a video Camera, Set it up at the bottom of the canyon.
    Get back in the truck, and go flat out full throttle over the cliff.
    1] You make more money in one day than you did all your life from the video.
  • I have a 2001 V6 S10. The service light soon light just turned on, so I went and got it checked. It had a couple of numbers come up, with one being 1860. Pretty much they the service guy told me it was either the ignition or the solenoid. THe next possible problem could be the valve body switch. I was wondering if anybody else experienced this and what the cost was?
  • Ok so this morning I was on my way to work NO PROBLEMS... stopped for gas(shut the truck off)... filled the tank... went to start the truck.. and thats when the problem started... check engine light... (flashing random pattern) and rough idle as well as running.. went to Advanced auto after work and had them read the computer P0300 code (Multi-Cylinder Misfire) so picked up plugs and wires... (Bosch Platinum 2s and Autolite Professional) and changed them all out (record time too, 2 hrs) anyways still have the problem... any help?
  • Sounds like a cap/rotor failure or fuel pressure issue. Remove the dist. cap and check for watermarks, wear, or carbon tracking. Replace them if you see a problem. also if your fuel filter has not been changed it would be a good idea, being significantly less than a fuel pump. Bosch and Autolite SUCK in GM ignition systems, so replace with ACDelco unless you like changing parts often. You really get whatyou pay for in ignition (and any other electrical) parts.

Hope this helps, and its not a dirty injector or valvetrain issue
  • I'm trying to find out what a Code PO147 HO2S Heater Performance Bank 1 Sensor 3 code applies to. This is on a 99 Chevy S10. Do you know?
  • Can the OBD I computer in a 1995 S-10 be replaced with an OBD II computer?
  • KCRam@EdmundsKCRam@Edmunds Mt. Arlington NJPosts: 3,497
    Most likely not, because the necessary sensors for OBD-II won't all be there.

kcram - Pickups Host

KCRam - Pickups/Wagons/Vans+Minivans Moderator

• gruszewskigruszewski Posts: 2
    i can't find what this code is in my chiltons book. can any one help with this code. the reader says that it is manufacturer specific. i got that code, then the engine stalled and noe it will carnk over, but not start at all. i am getting fuel and spark. ready to pull my hair out next.
  • wannaracewannarace Posts: 2
    I have a 1997 gmc sonoma 4x4 6 cyl check engine light on and the obd II won't scan. I checked the scanner with another car and it works fine ?
    Check your cig fuse, it is diagnostic power also.
  • darcy4darcy4 Posts: 2
    2000 Sonoma extended cab v6 engine

MY check engine lights AND ABS lights Brake lights are coming
    Have all new brakes and tires put on not long ago so know this is not the problem
    Took to dealer and they said they fixed it
    also over driving for a while it shifts hard into first gear

3 weeks later it is happen again any fix suggestion
    Thanks
  • rcrick0rcrick0 Posts: 2
    hello
    i have a 2000 chevy s-10 v-6 engine light came on for while and went off , then came back on , now the truck wont start , i ran the problem code its the evaportive emission system pressure sensor/ switch, so where is the located , i looked in the repair book but doesnt show it or nothing

thanks Rick D.
    It usually means the gas cap is leaking, but it won't stop it from starting.
  • wannaracewannarace Posts: 2
    check engine light on again came up cyl 6 misfire I changes plugs reset engin light 2 dats later check engine light on again comes up cyl 6 misfire again any thoughts?
  • I KEEP GETTING CODES 24 AND 34.I HAVE REPLACED BOTH AND CLEARED THE CODES BY REMOVING THE BATTERY CABLES AND THEY STILL KEEP SHOWING UP.THIS IS ON A 1986 S10
  • tnyodmtnyodm Posts: 1
    I've tried to scan my 95 S-10 with 3 scanners but they all give an error reading. No blown fuses. Any suggestions? Thanks, Tony.