Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chevy S10 - GMC S15 and Sonoma Warning lights and trouble codes

1235»

Comments

• wjs4wjs4 Posts: 3
    Thank you for the info. That is what the repair shop told me but I was beginning to doubt them.
  • My brake warning light has been on for awhile. I've not paid much attention to it. But now its flashing 3 short 1 long flash repeatedly. like ( . . . - . . . - . . . - ) I keep a good eye on my fluid level and its still good. All my lights are working. Does anyone know what this means? It's a 91 Chevy S-10....2.5
  • I was taking the truck back to work yesterday it started fishtailing almost and started kind of popping. I got it back into the driveway but the brakes have just gone out. I can floor the brakes and barely stop at all. Pumping them at least gets it to stop but it isn't drive-able. It's the middle of a Michigan winter so its not under great conditions, I'm not sure if maybe the drums are frozen or if i have a leak in my break lines or if the fluid is just low. Any ideas? If its my fluid how can I check it
  • girlcatgirlcat Posts: 1
    Hello, I am having a problem with my 02 S10. A couple of months ago the Service Engine Soon light came on and I brought it to the shop. They found it to be P0410 (airpump malfunction). They replaced the airpump. About a week later the light came back on. I brought it back. They told me it was a loose gas cap, cleared the code and sent me on my way. A week later, light on. Brought it back, they tested it all out, including the routing of the hoses going to the airpump. They replaced the air pump and solenoid because they could find nothing else wrong (they did find a TSB on it and did everything the TSB directed). A week later, light came back on. Brought it back, they replaced air pump and solenoid again. BTW, each time the code has read the same. They threw in a free oil change for my trouble. About 5 days later, light came on again. I have not gone back. It's been on for about a week. Has anyone else had any similar issues? Any ideas of why the light keeps coming on? Thanks.
    :confuse:
  • i have a 1999 chevrolet s-10 2.2 pickup i have a miss in it i had it scannned it said it was cylinder number 2 i replaced plugs and wires with no change when it is cold it runs ok the more i drive the worse it gets
  • gonogogonogo Posts: 871
    Have it checked for intake leak.
  • have the same truck shop had it for 2 weeks replaced both sensors and the converter, came back on after 40 miles.
  • My 2001 S-10 crew cab has the abs lights on in the cab. The dealer said the code indicated low voltage going to the abs module. Any ideas if this is a wiring issue or a bad module. I am going to try to check the voltage if I can get the probes to the terminal. For replacing the module, a local junk yard has one from a 2000 S-10 Blazer and I would like to know if this will work? Its appearance is different although the interface with the valve it is mounted on looks the same. Looking for some help. Thanks
  • have a 2002 chevy s-10 pickup.. 4.3l 4 wheel drive,,auto 110.00 miles got the code p0101 last week. TRUCK WAS LOOSING POWER BIG TIME AND PINGIN WHEN GOIN UP HILLS WHEN THROTTLE WAS PRESSED MORE THAN HALFWAY... GOT BEST GAS AND TREATMENT..STLL NO HELP.... put another map and maf sensor in.. no luck.. put a new fuel filter in light went out but it still s not running right... my cat was bad so replaced it.. engine light went off and truck seemed to run better.. still alittle pingin in engine.. well light caME ON AGAIN TODAY... NOT SURE WHAT ELSE IS BAD.. GOIN TO SEE WHAT CODE IT IS 2DAY.. CHECKED VACUUM LINE FOR LEAKS ALSO..
  • n2tilen2tile Posts: 1
    Cranks no start i have spark & fuel stopped at store went to leave Cranks no start out of the blue been running fine but the service engine light came on 4 day earlier could it be the MAF sensors?
  • smcgahasmcgaha Posts: 1
    edited June 2013
    Hello I am having the same problem with my S10 2001 model been in and out of the shop for 8 months now and they still have not resolved the issue. code P0410 661, 662, 663 probable causes and the reason it started this was the first code was the catalytic converter when he did a tune up it got worse then he did catalytic converter it got even worse and now these codes but catalytic converter is fine now Have you resolved your issue yet? I cannot believe there is no solution and no answer in this forum for this problem. Will replacing all these parts resolve the issue circuit relay or fuse open, connector and wiring, air pump and hoses. If so I will do that I am stranded in Texas and I want to go home I am being kicked out into the streets with no where to go and I am disabled. If there are any answers will someone please post one so I can go home.
  • ddodgenddodgen Posts: 2

I have a 2002 Chevy S-10. I just recently replaced the fuel pump a few months ago, and about a month or so ago the "Check Gauges" light started coming on and I noticed the temperature gauge gets all the way up to the max after running for a few minutes. Sometimes it goes back to the normal resting place (about 210 I think) and sometimes it stays all the way up until I turn the car off. I tried replaces the coolant with antifreeze, and I have not noticed any leaking. Also, when the temperature gauge goes all the way up and I have the A/C on, the air becomes warm. Do I need to flush the antifreeze/coolant system? What else could be the issue? Any information would be greatly appreciated.

1235»