Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chrysler Town Country Audio/Entertainment Systems/GPS

When I try and stick a dvd into my 6 disc changer the radio shows error and the number 1 button is always flashing. Please if anyone could help me out. thanks

Comments

• rdwilkesrdwilkes Posts: 3
    i live in the UK and have just picked up my 07 T+C Limited, it has the RB1 SAT radio and 6 dvd changer, i know the sat wont work over here but radio works fine, my problem is dvd i have bought region 1 discs the changer excepts them but the screen remains blank no life at all, i have connected my mpe via aux and still nothing, it came with remote and koss headphones, the remote is the one pictured in manual.
    al fuses are fine there 9is a power supply to screen roof mounted. once dvd's are inserted they dont seem to be spinning and the centre orange light on changer goes out, it will not respond to the remote either.
    someone plz help
  • ddaydanddaydan Posts: 1
    I just bought a 2005 T&C Touring with a RAZ Radio / CD player and 6 Disc DVD player with RCA input jacks. When I use my external MP3 player with the RCA inputs, the audio system seems to wait to detect a signal from it before it will play through the system. Between files it will lose the signal and will take 5 – 10 seconds to play again, missing that length of the next file. It is very irritating. Has anyone else experienced this, and if so how do I correct it? It makes using the MP3 player with this audio system almost intolerable.
  • jennypjennyp Posts: 1
    I have an '07 Limited Edition Town and Country. It came with a 6-disc CD/DVD Changer, but not the rear LCD Screens. I was going to have an after-market DVD player installed, but want it to be integrated with the factory installed changer. Does anyone know if the Chrysler systems have audio/video output wires on the back of their system so I can do this? I'd rather get a non-factory DVD player since they are higher quality/larger screens/lower price.
  • I was wondering if anybody happen to know a way you could get around watching movies while driving on the main, front, screen. My son likes to sit in the front seat and I didn't think about it when I bout the van, but I didn't get the screens for the second and third row. So he can't even go back and watch something. If anybody could help I would appreciate it. Thanks a lot.
  • tedebeartedebear Posts: 832
    There's a way but it isn't cheap. Do a Google search for FreeGIG. It's an aftermarket plug-in module that requires you to plug it into the rear of your MyGIG (you might have to remove it to gain access).

At around $350 it's not cheap. My opinion on the price is that I could purchase an entire stand-alone DVD player with a larger screen than what's on the MyGIG for less than 1/2 of what this FreeGIG costs.
  • That is true. I was just looking for a way around having to buy a whole new screen. But it would/could be cheaper. Thanks for your advice.
  • rds5rds5 Posts: 2
    Has anyone out there experienced a problem with the Video system cordless headsets not working on the 2006 Chrysler Town and Country Limited?
    They worked fine until I had to have the 6 CD changer replaced, then they quit working.
    The dealer has no troubleshooting information on the system. DVD sound comes through the normal speakers just fine.
    Is the signal to the cordless headsets transmitted from the video display unit?
  • Is there a simple way to add GPS with a navigation DVD? I already have the touch screen with the myGig and the Sirius Satellite radio.

Is there any additional hardware I need to get GPS? Am I only missing the software?

Any ideas on how much it would cost to get the Chrysler GPS put in? What are other options out there?

Thanks so much in advance!
  • We bought a used 05 Town & Country & the DVD (single disk) player did not work so they have replaced it with another used one. I have tried 6 DVD's in it and only one of those have worked. I have tried Cd's and one time it will work the next time it doesn't. The Dvd's are newer ones (all within a year) and none of them are scratched. Anyone have any idea why the DVD's are not playing? or do I need to call the place we bought it again? Thanks!!
  • jeepdtjeepdt Posts: 15
    Has anyone noticed that the 2008 MyGig system doesn't display correct CD info for anything newer than 7/2007. How annoying is it to have all NEW CDs come up as untitled track#. :confuse:
  • jeepdtjeepdt Posts: 15
    Make sure its legal in your state to have a movie playing in the front while you're driving also. :)
    I was wondering if anybody happen to know a way you could get around watching movies while driving on the main, front, screen.

On an update to this, there is a new product out now called MyGIG Lockpick. It costs less than the FreeGIG I previously mentioned and has more features. The Lockpick website (Google search) has a demo that shows how easy it is to install - takes around 3 minutes.

I'd said that I didn't think the MyGIG was worth it for the price. However, this Lockpick thing is so cool that I'm considering getting one. I am mainly interested in adding a backup camera and this makes it easy to view it through the MyGIG.

It does enable in-motion front seat video, in reference to your original question. I would guess though that no states permit this.
  • rdwilkesrdwilkes Posts: 3
    will this mygig fit 07 model voyagers as its same size?
  • deevmandeevman Posts: 2
    I just took my 2008 T & C to the dealer for the same problem. All the cars in the showroom with My Gig do the same thing. It's annoying since you can't search or make a play list with unknown artists and tracks. I was going to contact Chrysler tomorrow
    will this mygig fit 07 model voyagers as its same size?

Are you looking to install the entire MyGIG unit? I know that the MyGIG was available for some second half 2007 model year vehicles. My 07 Sebring has MyGIG with nav.

If you are going to get install MyGIG be sure you get the correct version. Read the warning below that I saw on another forum. Check with your Chrysler service department to see which on you have.

Verify the correct MYGIG RER radio part number is being installed. There are 2 versions. One for the CAN B bus and the other that operates on the high speed interior CAN Bus as used in the KA (Nitro), KK(Liberty), JK(Wrangler)and RT(2008 Caravan) vehicles. Installing the incorrect version will take down the BUS
  • deevmandeevman Posts: 2
    It turns out that the My GiG system uses "Gracenote Database" to identify the data on a music CD. The problem is that the system doesn't automatically update. Chrysler said that to keep checking with the dealers. In the meantime any CD that is newer than 3-4 months ago will probably not be recognized.
    What a disappointment!!!!
  • Is anyone having trouble with the phone? All of a sudden when i push the phone button on the system it says "sorry the phone is not working? I've called Uconnect and a couple of dealers. Of course they don't know anything and haven't had any other complaints. I had to make an appoint to take it in next week. UGH!
    I hate this crap. Somebody has to know something. I have a 2008 Jeep Liberty but the uconnect is the same on all Chrysler products. This is the one with the 7" touch screen display in the dash.
    Did you try pairing the phone again? I know I had to do this after I updated the MyGIG application software to v9.561.

I don't know if it could lose the pairing for some other reason but that would be the first thing I would check.
  • Just tried to resync the phone as you suggested. The system won't even allow me to get to the set up. When i hit the phone button it asks me what i want to do but when i respond I get "sorry the phone does not work"
    How did you update your software?
    How did you update your software?

On a Nitro forum there's a whole area devoted to talk on the MyGIG. One of the topics has to do with the MyGIG update. I believe it will only work if you have the nav option.

I'd post the link but the firewall here at work won't let me get access to the website. Try a Google search for something like mygig 9.561 update.

You have to download the update, then burn it to a DVD. If you follow the correct procedure on the website the update will install automatically when you insert it in your MyGIG. It takes around 20 minutes.

I also found an update to the Gracenotes database, if you're interested. People have been complaining about newer music CDs and the song titles not being recognized by MyGIG. It's an 854 MB download but it supposedly will fix that problem. It was still downloading when I left for work. I will update mine later tonight.

Again, try a Google search for mygig gracenote update. If you can't find it I'll try to help after I get home later.