Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ford Thunderbird Help!

terry95terry95 Posts: 1
I have a 1986 thunderbird I race. it is 302 5.0 fuel injected. I have a chip to replace the air temp sensor, just past the mass air flow sensor. Problem is I cant find these. Where are they on the car which is which? Please help.

Comments

• im eva and i have a 1984 ford thunderbird that im selling for 500 or obo if you kow any one who wants it contact me thanks at lepiandevie06@yahoo.com but right now my fuel pump went out and i need a new filter and and i dont know how to fix it . if you can help id like that thanks alot eva mccullough or call me at 801 282-5815
  • my car is a v8 5.0 l i race mine to mine is a one wheel tire fryer is nice and quick but i need sale it . it runs great and ive had it since i was 16 and now im 20 help me fix my car so i can sale it thanks eva
  • hey check just below where you were just at or by the low fram of the car i was told thats where it it . have any more please contact and i can find out for you ! ok where you located? im in west jordan ut
  • tbird96tbird96 Posts: 1
    HI I just bought a 96 t-bird with a 3.8 v6 it has factory headers and dual exhaust. it also has GT emblems on it.i have never seen a GT t-bird and i have not seen a factory dual exhaust on a 3.8 has anybody else heard of this before
  • I have a 92 t-bird LX with a 5.0. I need front ABS sensors or a way to bypass them. Both of them have gone bad and it is causing a complete brake system failure. The parts are not made anymore as far as I can tell. If you can find them, they are VERY expensive. Does anybody have any ideas on how to beat this system. I don't drive in snow, so I really don't need ABS. Wouldn't mind just bypassing the abs system all together. Thanks.
  • paisanpaisan Posts: 21,181
    Have you tried pulling the relays for the ABS and/or disconnecting the wires to the ABS pump completely? They must be disableable since I've seen several not running ABS on the track.

-mike
  • steemer1steemer1 Posts: 1
    i have 2 hoses coming off the turbo and the 1 in the back is not hooked up. it has emissions writing on it and it is not like a reg 2.3 cuz it is loaded, need help finding were it goes. please?
  • edwin2edwin2 Posts: 1
    Can't figure out how to remove broken lens and replace. Need help.
  • I have a 90 T-bird w/ a 3.8 sc. All I need is a harmonic balancer to put it on the road. I can't seem to find one anywhere.
    BUMMER..... I'm just itching to see what it can do.

Any suggestions?
  • if6were9if6were9 Posts: 1
    I have a mint condition 79 t-bird, the only thing that needs replacing is the lenses for the tail lights. I've looked high and low and as yet have come up with nothing.
  • I have a 95 T-Bird. When my taillight was broke my son-in-law went on E-Bay and got me one for $25.
  • I have gave my car a complete tune-up. When I am going up a hill I loose power. But on flat road it runs good.
  • jose11jose11 Posts: 2
    I am new to this site and i was wandering if you knew if a 5.0 will drop down into my car. It is a 88 Ford Thunderbird turbo coupe. My turbo went out and i cant afford a new on. I was just wanting to know the best rout to go. thanks
  • MrShift@EdmundsMrShift@Edmunds Posts: 43,641
    If you can get someone to take it out for you, maybe a moonlighting mechanic on a weekend, your turbo can be shipped off and rebuilt and then re-installed. It certainly would cost way less than an engine conversion. Rebuilt turbos might only be $400 or so, + labor to R&R, so maybe what...4 hours? That's a lot cheaper than at least $3,000==$5,000 to do an engine swap
  • jose11jose11 Posts: 2
    Thanks. Is there any way to make the car run without the turbo for a little bit. It's my only means of transportation.
  • MrShift@EdmundsMrShift@Edmunds Posts: 43,641
    No, it would be an incredible dog without a turbo. You wouldn't want to drive it.
  • svtbirdsvtbird Posts: 6
    I HAVE 87 TURBO COUPE WITH A BAD TURBO I BOUGHT 88 THUNDERBIRD WITH A 5.0 EFI AT SALVAGE SALE FOR $188.00 AND CHANGED EVERTHING OVER UNDER THE HOOD PLUS THE COMPUTER WIRING IT TOOK ABOUT WEEK THAT IS THE CHEAPEST WAY TO DO IT CAN GET PARTS FROM JUNK YARD I WOULD FIND A SALVAGE SALE NEAR YOU AND JUST WATCH FOR ONE AND BUY IT.

GREG
    I NOW HAVE 94 THUNDERBIRD V8 I TOOK THE STOCK 4.6L OUT AND PUT THE 4CAM 4.6L OUT OF THE MARK VIII CHANGED WIRING COMPUTER AND EXHUAST PUT SUPER CHIP IN IT AND THE AIR INTAKE OFF A 97 COBRA MUSTANG. I'V GOT 3.73 TRACTION LOCK IN IT ABOUT A WEEK AGO. I'V ALSO PUNCHED OUT ALL THE CATS I REBUILT THE TRANMISSION WITH A SHIFT KIT I WORK IN A TRANSMISSION SHOP. I'V RACED 2001 GT MUSTANG AND BEAT IT. THE GUY WAS SHOCKED. MY BROTHER HAS 04'MACH1 AND IT WILL HANG WITH IT. I HAVE'NT BEAT HIM YET. I'VE RACED A SUPER COUPE TBIRD AND BEAT IT. OVER ALL IT RUNS GOOD HAVE NOT FOUND ANY ONE ELSE WHO HAS DONE THIS TO THEIRS.
    MASS AIR FLOW SENSOR IS JUST OFF THE AIR CLEANER BOX AIR INTAKE SENSOR IS IN THE AIR TUBE.