Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ford Thunderbird Help!

terry95terry95 Posts: 1
I have a 1986 thunderbird I race. it is 302 5.0 fuel injected. I have a chip to replace the air temp sensor, just past the mass air flow sensor. Problem is I cant find these. Where are they on the car which is which? Please help.

Comments

• im eva and i have a 1984 ford thunderbird that im selling for 500 or obo if you kow any one who wants it contact me thanks at lepiandevie06@yahoo.com but right now my fuel pump went out and i need a new filter and and i dont know how to fix it . if you can help id like that thanks alot eva mccullough or call me at 801 282-5815
  • my car is a v8 5.0 l i race mine to mine is a one wheel tire fryer is nice and quick but i need sale it . it runs great and ive had it since i was 16 and now im 20 help me fix my car so i can sale it thanks eva
  • hey check just below where you were just at or by the low fram of the car i was told thats where it it . have any more please contact and i can find out for you ! ok where you located? im in west jordan ut
  • tbird96tbird96 Posts: 1
    HI I just bought a 96 t-bird with a 3.8 v6 it has factory headers and dual exhaust. it also has GT emblems on it.i have never seen a GT t-bird and i have not seen a factory dual exhaust on a 3.8 has anybody else heard of this before
  • I have a 92 t-bird LX with a 5.0. I need front ABS sensors or a way to bypass them. Both of them have gone bad and it is causing a complete brake system failure. The parts are not made anymore as far as I can tell. If you can find them, they are VERY expensive. Does anybody have any ideas on how to beat this system. I don't drive in snow, so I really don't need ABS. Wouldn't mind just bypassing the abs system all together. Thanks.
  • paisanpaisan Posts: 21,181
    Have you tried pulling the relays for the ABS and/or disconnecting the wires to the ABS pump completely? They must be disableable since I've seen several not running ABS on the track.

-mike
  • steemer1steemer1 Posts: 1
    i have 2 hoses coming off the turbo and the 1 in the back is not hooked up. it has emissions writing on it and it is not like a reg 2.3 cuz it is loaded, need help finding were it goes. please?
  • edwin2edwin2 Posts: 1
    Can't figure out how to remove broken lens and replace. Need help.
  • I have a 90 T-bird w/ a 3.8 sc. All I need is a harmonic balancer to put it on the road. I can't seem to find one anywhere.
    BUMMER..... I'm just itching to see what it can do.

Any suggestions?
  • if6were9if6were9 Posts: 1
    I have a mint condition 79 t-bird, the only thing that needs replacing is the lenses for the tail lights. I've looked high and low and as yet have come up with nothing.
  • Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright CaliforniaPosts: 45,050

MODERATOR --Need help with anything? Click on my name!

• I have a 95 T-Bird. When my taillight was broke my son-in-law went on E-Bay and got me one for $25.
  • I have gave my car a complete tune-up. When I am going up a hill I loose power. But on flat road it runs good.
  • jose11jose11 Posts: 2
    I am new to this site and i was wandering if you knew if a 5.0 will drop down into my car. It is a 88 Ford Thunderbird turbo coupe. My turbo went out and i cant afford a new on. I was just wanting to know the best rout to go. thanks
    If you can get someone to take it out for you, maybe a moonlighting mechanic on a weekend, your turbo can be shipped off and rebuilt and then re-installed. It certainly would cost way less than an engine conversion. Rebuilt turbos might only be $400 or so, + labor to R&R, so maybe what...4 hours? That's a lot cheaper than at least $3,000==$5,000 to do an engine swap

• jose11jose11 Posts: 2
    Thanks. Is there any way to make the car run without the turbo for a little bit. It's my only means of transportation.
    No, it would be an incredible dog without a turbo. You wouldn't want to drive it.

• svtbirdsvtbird Posts: 6
    I HAVE 87 TURBO COUPE WITH A BAD TURBO I BOUGHT 88 THUNDERBIRD WITH A 5.0 EFI AT SALVAGE SALE FOR $188.00 AND CHANGED EVERTHING OVER UNDER THE HOOD PLUS THE COMPUTER WIRING IT TOOK ABOUT WEEK THAT IS THE CHEAPEST WAY TO DO IT CAN GET PARTS FROM JUNK YARD I WOULD FIND A SALVAGE SALE NEAR YOU AND JUST WATCH FOR ONE AND BUY IT.

GREG
    I NOW HAVE 94 THUNDERBIRD V8 I TOOK THE STOCK 4.6L OUT AND PUT THE 4CAM 4.6L OUT OF THE MARK VIII CHANGED WIRING COMPUTER AND EXHUAST PUT SUPER CHIP IN IT AND THE AIR INTAKE OFF A 97 COBRA MUSTANG. I'V GOT 3.73 TRACTION LOCK IN IT ABOUT A WEEK AGO. I'V ALSO PUNCHED OUT ALL THE CATS I REBUILT THE TRANMISSION WITH A SHIFT KIT I WORK IN A TRANSMISSION SHOP. I'V RACED 2001 GT MUSTANG AND BEAT IT. THE GUY WAS SHOCKED. MY BROTHER HAS 04'MACH1 AND IT WILL HANG WITH IT. I HAVE'NT BEAT HIM YET. I'VE RACED A SUPER COUPE TBIRD AND BEAT IT. OVER ALL IT RUNS GOOD HAVE NOT FOUND ANY ONE ELSE WHO HAS DONE THIS TO THEIRS.
    MASS AIR FLOW SENSOR IS JUST OFF THE AIR CLEANER BOX AIR INTAKE SENSOR IS IN THE AIR TUBE.
  • 32vsc32vsc Posts: 1
    Hey SVTbird,

My father and I did the same type of swap a couple of years ago. We took an 89 Thunderbird SC, took out the Supercharged V6 and put in a 95 Mark8 motor. It was kinda funny that the car didn't get any lower with the new motor in it and stock V6 SC springs. (have since put in high performance struts and springs) Had to put in the automatic that came with the motor, this would be so much better with a stick, but it is still a very fun car. (as you know!) Surprises a lot of people, and my friends love this thing.

32v SC (my license plate)
  • a week ago mt car stalled suddenly. one hour later it ran again. i changed the dist. and all related parts there in, the coil and the computer inside the car passenger side. it runs for about ten min. then suts off. there are no check engine codes held in the computer. what should i do next? joe
  • I just bought a 1993 thunderbird with a 5.0L V-8. But it only has around 200 hp. What kind of parts can I putin to make my engine more powerfull? Where can I look to get parts?
    Thanks,
    Chris
  • Hi I have a 1991 super coupe and I have a ? about the power steering pump auxillary pressure switch. mine is leaking brake fluid and the dealer wants over 100 hundred bucks for one. I was woundering if anybody could tell me what its function is and could it be by passed thank you. mike
  • if it is actual power steering pressure switch you can take it out. But the computer uses it to watch the pressure might set a code for it don't know if will turn your check engine light on some things that the computer reads are not as impotant so they won't kick the light on
  • I would check the fuel pump. They will run until they get hot and then sieze up until they cool. Just one of many possibilities.
    RV
  • Cars that fuel pumps in the tank your not to run them past 1/4 of a tank the gas is what cools the pump.
  • Anything a 5.0L mustang uses you can use on the motor.
  • my son has a 1989 ford thunderbird. he drove home parked took shower went back outside toleave and the car started ran fine just would not shift out of park like it was froze up. can you give me a guess on what might have occured and how do we fix it.
  • we have a 1991 ford thunderbird and we are wanting to know if this is a unibody or does it have a rolling chassis Frame? we are going to use the chassis for a project truck but if this is a unibody we cant use it, PLEASE HELP as we were told it is a unibody by a friend but we want to be sure. thanks