Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ford Thunderbird Help!

Comments

• I have this car and it's being wasted sitting in a field. Can someone tell me if it's worth bringing back to life or is it not a good project car? thank you in advance.
  • please help , does anyone know if this car have a built in amphlier? I am having a hard time putting in a new car sterio ( which has a bult in amp) but i cant seem to get it to work. do i need to disconnect any amp that may be factory installed in the car?
    any suggestions would help
    Thanks Desi
  • steverstever YooperlandPosts: 39,983
    Don't know, but you might try Crutchfield.com or Installdr.com. Maybe one of their install guides will trigger something.

Need help navigating? stever@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

• thanks , will do that.
  • Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright CaliforniaPosts: 44,404
    No the car has little value and isn't worth restoring. If you like this model, you can buy a nice one very cheaply right now.

• I have a 94 LX and had no problems installing a Pioneer cd player. I used an install kit and just followed the wiring diagram with the kit. I would contact either stereo maker or store where bought for the correct install kit. Good luck... let me know how it goes...
  • If the factory stereo says "Premium Sound", it probably has an amp. Just look in the trunk under the rear deck and you will see it. There will be a rack with a silver box on it. If it does, you have to get the wiring kit with the amp bypass cable included. I had to do this on my '96 LX.
    Dave M.
  • toomanyfumestoomanyfumes S.E. Wisconsin Posts: 894
    Yeah I think you're right. My '95 LX didn't have premium sound and it didn't have and amp. I think the premium sound does.
  • Thanks mike ,
    I did get the it installed : it turned out the sterro itself was bad; i retuned it and the new one is working perfect . Its all good
  • thanks for everyones imput ; it turned out the stereo system itself was bad. i returned it and installed the new one. Its all good
    Desi
  • i'm looking for a set of whitewalls for a 2003 t-bird and not finding much. any suggestions???
  • steverstever YooperlandPosts: 39,983
    Try asking in the Tires, tires, tires discussion too. There's only about a half a dozen whitewall related posts in there, but someone may know of an option for you.

Need help navigating? stever@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

• All of a sudden at one time I lost power to the heater-power to the rear window D-fog, and oilpressure gauge. Have checked all fuses and relays. Anybody ever here of this???
  • i recently saw a late model t-bird probly a 2006-7 or 8,this car had a jag engine i was told it was a 1 of 1 proto type..does anyone no anything about it??
  • My radio went out which also controls my antenna on my 1996 ford thunderbird
    I know its the fuse but when I checked all the fuses they were fine????

also my right front passenger side is pulls to the right when driving is it hopefully
    just the alignment because my wife lives at a condo with alot of bumps so you dont drive fast do you think thats the cause

pls advise
    Hard to diagnose a front end without looking at it. Could be alignment, look out for bad ball joints, too. My car was pulling, finally the ball joint popped out of the socket.

Dont know about the radio.
  • any ideas why my radio and antenna both stopped working,especially when I bought the car the dealer already put a new antenna in it and why cant i get even
    any kind of sound out of the radio?

thanks
  • MY SON HAS A 1990 T-BIRD- THE TRUNK WILL NOT OPEN- I NEED HELP
  • jaxejaxe Posts: 6
    Hello,it's possible the lock is shot and the tumblers arent hitting,did you try to put the key in and at the same time push down on the trunk lid as you turn the key?some times that may work,if not perhaps you can take the back seat out crawl in the trunk area and open it from the inside,then replace the trunk lock.Jim
    Does it have an electric trunk release button in the console or glove box? Will the trunk open with that?