Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Buick Rendezvous

Comments

• Actually when i test drove it the AC wasnt working so the dealerhsip charged it and 2 weeks later it was dead again jsut got it back and they replaced the condenser. no charge to me whats with the wheel bearings?
  • regalluvr2regalluvr2 Posts: 114
    The 2002 RDV's had a less than sterling reputation.Consumer Reports rates them as Do Not Buy.

The main issues are the following.

BCM-tons of electrical problems
    Intake and Head gaskets that leak
    AC Condensor
    Wheel Bearings and hubs
    Stalling and refusing to restart

Some 02 RDV's have been trouble free.Our 2002 CXL AWD had tons of BCM problems so we got rid of it before it ran out of factory warranty.

On the plus side they are a roomy and very nice riding vehicle
  • ray80ray80 Posts: 1,251
    The wheel bearings can fail rather early (maybe 20 to 30k miles) and they are an assembly so kinda pricey ($200+ dollars). Its kind of strange as some have had them replaced multiple times and others don't seem to. I have two vehicles subject to the problem and have replaced both fronts on one and none on the other.
  • red927red927 Posts: 118
    Yes it does. I do not use the 3rd row so I have a flat cargo area.

Phil
  • eagle76eagle76 Posts: 2
    Very good...exactly what I've been looking for. A 2006 CXL FWD Cappaccino Frost will be in my driveway soon! Thank you!
  • Bought in MD in late Dec. and did not turn on air conditioner (winter). We went to FL for three months and turned it on while there. A loud noise is present whenever I accelerate. Took it to our service dealer when we returned in April. It was determined we needed a new compressor. We had to delay the sevice because of surgery for my husband. The compressor was replaced June 13 and when I drove it home (a mile) a red light came on about "oil Pressure" and a loud dinging occured that could not be shut off. They don't have a clue what is wrong!!!!! They have been on the phone with Detroit engineers and at one point they thought it was the alternator but ruled that out. They have had my car for 10 days now and I'm very concerned. Is this just the beginning of problems? This should not have happened with a new car.
  • mudpuppymudpuppy Posts: 1
    I have a '03 Rendezvous with 89k miles. It has never given any problems! Have only changed oil and added gas. Changed tires one time. I think it is a very good car. :)
  • hey guys i got seperate questions and ill post them that way therfore if ones answered it wont keep popping up. Is there a way to disable the DRL on a 02, Buick says NO but according to a few websites it can be done but GM wires them different each car and noone has showed it on a rendezvous yet? ive pulled the fuse and microbreaker and it trips the service engine light. id preciate some advice thanks
  • #2 :) while playing wiht my onstar which is not activated as i think onstar is up there with starbucks as a point on the axis of evil. i locked the security code for the hands free calling. i was saying numbers amazed at the voice recognition and next thign you know Security code On. onstar wont help because its nto an active account but i think the code is part of the on board onstar system is there a way to get past it or reset it if you dont knwo the code im sure since cars get sold it happens. I also wanna find the onstr GPS and control box in SUVS its generally in the rear cargo area where is it on a rendezvous the exploded view from buick shows it int he glove box area anyone actually have seen it in person and where it is?i would apreciate any help thanks
  • steverstever YooperlandPosts: 40,448
    A bit off-topic, but if you are a Buick fan, don't miss the The World's First Concept Car: 1938 Buick Y-Job article.

I can't figure out why my Dad's '53 Buick didn't look like that!

Need help navigating? stever@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

• Help if you can - today i was in a 2005 Buick Rendevous it had 8 seat belts - i will agree that the centre seatbelt seemed odd but it was there - today when discussing this with an automotive sales person he said it was impossible and there is only 7 seating possiblities in a Rendevous - before enquiring here i searched vehicles for sale and found 2 that state seats 8 passengers. Does anyone have any opinon, comment or statement to help me with this? I am willing to eat crow but will not go quietly into dinner without finding out why I hear, read and SAW this....

thanks jj
  • where were these 8 belts?
  • nextmoonnextmoon Posts: 386
    I Rendevous has only 7 seat belts and legally seating for 7 passengers max.
  • toonzeetoonzee Posts: 19
    Brought my 2002 Rendezvous in today because of a constant groaning sound when you make turns. I thought perhaps it was the steering. Dealer called to tell me it was the rear differential, and that GM has a service bulletin out that dictates the dealer change the fluid twice to correct the problem Dealer advised he did this, and the noise is gone. I have a funny feeling this will not correct the problem long term however. I did purchase the major guard warranty, so this was covered, or it may have been covered even without it. Will this be a permanent solution, or will I be back in a month for a new rear differential. Add this to the list of problems with this POS. Never buying another GM, I can see why they are going broke.
  • greenhkgreenhk Posts: 48
    I'm being quoted $30,475 (after all rebates) for:
    2006 AWD Rendezvous, CXL Luxury Package, PLUS CXL Plus Package, with 2nd row captain's chairs.

This is the first offer they've given me - done completely via internet negotiations. I've checked & invoice on this looks like $33,253.

What do you guys think? Should I ask for something even lower? If so, what price do you suggest I ask for? Thanks in advance! (I've also posted this on the "prices paid" topic but saw that this forum may see a little more action.)
    I probably don't have the same options picked, but TMV comes in at $29,725 for an '06 with CXL Lux, CXL Plus, 2nd row captain's for my zip code. Invoice for the one I built was $33,108.

Need help navigating? stever@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

• greenhkgreenhk Posts: 48
    I've gotten another quote for $30,269 (only $200 savings!) -Steve - do you think I could say to them "I won't pay any more than $29,725 for this car" - and see what happens? Do you think I should go even lower?
    I'd figure out the TMV for your options and zip code and then go a bit lower. Tell them you will pay $xx,xxx "out the door." The '07's are getting tooled up and the dealers will be wanting to clear the lot of the '06's, plus it's a lousy market for SUVs right now.

Car fever is kind of fun but there's another car on the next lot in the next town and if you have the "I can walk" attitude you may be able to get a great deal.

TMV should be your target and since TMV is somewhat of an average, an educated shopper like you should be able to beat it.

If there aren't any "out the door" pricing stories over in the Buick Rendezvous: Prices Paid & Buying Experience discussion, search for some using the Advanced Search tool on the left sidebar. That phrase has worked wonders for lots of people.

• nbw0305nbw0305 Posts: 7
    I had this problem in June. Had the rear differential fluid flushed and it worked. So far so good. Wish I could say that about the other issues I've had. The warrantee did not cover it, but it was well worth the $125. I agree...will NEVER buy another Buick. They can't even fix their own problems. Next car will either be a Maxima or Toyota.
  • toonzeetoonzee Posts: 19
    Thanks for the reply, this truck has been nothing but trouble. I have owned mostly GM's my entire driving life. But this ends it, mostly likely will have to purchase a foreign car now.
  • Where can I go to get touchscreen navigation for my 2004 Rendezvous?
  • I don't know about your price, but I have other words for you. Don't buy it! After driving an 2002, we traded for an 05 last year [new]. So much road noise, the dealer finally changed out the tires and put Michelins on. That helped a little; not much.

Look at the body integrity-or the absence of!
    It's a very poorly built vehicle inside and out. Every time I wash it, I check for leaks.
    I've owned GM vehicles since 1977. This is my last one. To do over, I'd go with the Honda Pilot or the HIghlander.
  • I had a 2002 RDV CXL. Just traded it in today for another car. And I did not get another GM vehicle, infact, GM weren't even considered. BTW, the RDV trade in value is horrible.

I had many of the same problems as well. I think I may have more BCM replacement than oil changes. I had less than 30,000 miles on my RDV. I figure I better get rid of it before my extended warranty runs out.

It's a very nice vehicle when it's working properly, but in my case, I had way too many unscheduled dealer visits. Best of luck to all you 2002 RDV owners, and thank you all for providing informations on this board. I really learned a lot and I bet you all a farewell.
  • :confuse:

I lost my owner's manual and need help on how to program the garage door opener that is built into the Rendezvous overhead counsel. Your help is greatly appreciated.
  • tidestertidester Posts: 10,110
    Hi, everyone. As you've probably noticed, we have been trying to refine the discussions into more narrowly focussed topics. Our objective is twofold. We want to make it easier for people seeking specific information about their vehicles to find it easily and without having to wade through hundreds or thousands of postings.

To those ends, we will be shutting down the general make/model discussions and work exclusively with specific issues. This requires us to populate the make/model subsections with relevant, interesting and timely topics. Rather than having the hosts simply create boilerplate topics for each make/model, we feel that you, the owner, the make/model enthusiast and the prospective buyer can best judge what those topics should be.

You can help by adding a discussion (it's easy!) or suggesting one here.

To add a discussion, click on the last link in the "You are here" line at the top of this page. That will take you to the topic page for this make/model. Review the list of topics and click on the "Add discussion" link when you've decided what topic you'd like to add. Follow the directions and you're done! Feel free to add more than one. Just avoid duplicating existing topics and try not to make it TOO specific!

Your help and continued participation in the Forums is greatly appreciated! Thanks.
    Please go to the group top level and create a discussion that fits your comments/questions or post in an existing discussion.

Buick Rendezvous
    Enjoy!

tidester, host
  • Just purchased. My personnal settings does not have SEAT RECALL or TILT MIRROR. Should It??? it has all of the other setting.
  • I purchased a used 2005 rdv, I was told it was all wheel drive. There is nothing on the vehicle that says all wheel drive. How do I know if I have that feature?
  • ray80ray80 Posts: 1,251
    I surfed around a bit to see if there was an option code or something to tell, but didn't find one. Next easiest way to tell is to get on the ground and look underneath for a driveshaft going front to rear, if its there you have AWD, if not, FWD