Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Buick Rendezvous

Comments

• Where can I go to get touchscreen navigation for my 2004 Rendezvous?
  • I don't know about your price, but I have other words for you. Don't buy it! After driving an 2002, we traded for an 05 last year [new]. So much road noise, the dealer finally changed out the tires and put Michelins on. That helped a little; not much.

Look at the body integrity-or the absence of!
    It's a very poorly built vehicle inside and out. Every time I wash it, I check for leaks.
    I've owned GM vehicles since 1977. This is my last one. To do over, I'd go with the Honda Pilot or the HIghlander.
  • I had a 2002 RDV CXL. Just traded it in today for another car. And I did not get another GM vehicle, infact, GM weren't even considered. BTW, the RDV trade in value is horrible.

I had many of the same problems as well. I think I may have more BCM replacement than oil changes. I had less than 30,000 miles on my RDV. I figure I better get rid of it before my extended warranty runs out.

It's a very nice vehicle when it's working properly, but in my case, I had way too many unscheduled dealer visits. Best of luck to all you 2002 RDV owners, and thank you all for providing informations on this board. I really learned a lot and I bet you all a farewell.
  • :confuse:

I lost my owner's manual and need help on how to program the garage door opener that is built into the Rendezvous overhead counsel. Your help is greatly appreciated.
  • tidestertidester Posts: 10,110
    Hi, everyone. As you've probably noticed, we have been trying to refine the discussions into more narrowly focussed topics. Our objective is twofold. We want to make it easier for people seeking specific information about their vehicles to find it easily and without having to wade through hundreds or thousands of postings.

To those ends, we will be shutting down the general make/model discussions and work exclusively with specific issues. This requires us to populate the make/model subsections with relevant, interesting and timely topics. Rather than having the hosts simply create boilerplate topics for each make/model, we feel that you, the owner, the make/model enthusiast and the prospective buyer can best judge what those topics should be.

You can help by adding a discussion (it's easy!) or suggesting one here.

To add a discussion, click on the last link in the "You are here" line at the top of this page. That will take you to the topic page for this make/model. Review the list of topics and click on the "Add discussion" link when you've decided what topic you'd like to add. Follow the directions and you're done! Feel free to add more than one. Just avoid duplicating existing topics and try not to make it TOO specific!

Your help and continued participation in the Forums is greatly appreciated! Thanks.
    Please go to the group top level and create a discussion that fits your comments/questions or post in an existing discussion.

Buick Rendezvous
    Enjoy!

tidester, host
  • Just purchased. My personnal settings does not have SEAT RECALL or TILT MIRROR. Should It??? it has all of the other setting.
  • I purchased a used 2005 rdv, I was told it was all wheel drive. There is nothing on the vehicle that says all wheel drive. How do I know if I have that feature?
  • ray80ray80 Posts: 1,233
    I surfed around a bit to see if there was an option code or something to tell, but didn't find one. Next easiest way to tell is to get on the ground and look underneath for a driveshaft going front to rear, if its there you have AWD, if not, FWD
  • bluedevilsbluedevils Posts: 2,554
    We are considering various AWD vehicles and always liked what the Rendezvous offers. I wanted to catch up on the Edmunds discussions of the RDV and was surprised to see no posts here in 2 weeks. I searched for other RDV forums but didn't find much else. This topic seems to be the main place where general Rendezvous stuff (excluding problems) is discussed -- true or false?
  • red927red927 Posts: 118
    For 2007, Buick has dropped the AWD option on the Rendezvous. They are going to drop the model after this model year. If you really want one you will have to look for a leftover 2006.

Phil
    Thanks for the info - didn't realize RDV was being phased out. We are focusing on a used 2005 or 2006. Looks like you can get a nice one with low miles, lots of options for $16-21k. The used market in my area (Michigan) has plenty to choose from, so I expect to negotiate a very good deal.

Ideally, we'd get the 3.6L engine but I would be satisfied with the 3.5L.
    I saw a couple comments on the web recently suggesting that the 3.6L V6 is more likely to be troubleprone than the other Rendezvous engines (3.5L in 2006- and 3.4L in 2002-2005). Does anyone have any information or thoughts about this?

The 3.4L was around for several years before the first Rendezvous was sold plus it is an old-school design, so it should be more solid / bug-free than a newer engine model -- at least in theory. The 3.5L I think was an evolution of the 3.4L and has been used for a few years.

Am I more likely to have engine/drivetrain problems with a 3.6L Rendezvous than a 3.5L version?

I know the 3.6 is much higher-tech and significantly more powerful, and also boasts a 2 mpg higher fuel economy rating in the AWD (23 mpg in the 3.5 vs. 25 mpg in the 3.6). But the used 3.6 specimens are harder to find and seem to be more expensive.

I'm just not sure if it is worth digging around for a 3.6L RDV or if I would be better off with the 3.5L. The 3.5 feels peppy in our Malibu Maxx and I know the RDV's weight would slow it down somewhat, but I would still expect it to feel sufficiently powerful.
  • dmyer3dmyer3 Posts: 17
    bluedevils, we have an '04 with the 3.6 engine and have had no problems with the engine or anything else. Has not been back to the dealer for anything other then oil changes and a recall for computer adjustment. We are very happy with the RDV. We have 12,000+ miles on ours.
    Don
    Thanks for the feedback. Do you track fuel economy on your RDV? If so, how is it?
  • k2qok2qo Posts: 10
    Hi Gang,

Just thought I'd mention that (knock on wood) my 2002 AWD is still going great. Lifetime average fuel economy is 19.5 MPG. FWIW, I am an engineer and have tracked it every fillup since day one. Mine has had the usual list of things go wrong including the BCM and wheel bearings. All were fixed under warranty. I've done front and back brakes the second time and am on my 2nd set of Dunlop Radial Rovers. Mileage went down 1 MPG with this tire, but they are great in the snow here just east of Buffalo, NY.

http://web.mac.com/k2qo/iWeb/Site/Welcome.html

Check out some photos for fun!

I really need the AWD and lots of room for junk as the photos show, so I hope this one runs a while more because I have NO IDEA what I'd replace it with save for maybe a Honda Element.

Best regards,
    Mark
    Clarence, NY
  • zootrzootr Posts: 3
    I am new to this forum and need info on the 3.6L engine. Does this engine have the same intake manifold and gasket problems as the other ones or is it to soon to tell. The RDV that I am looking at has 25K on it and AWD. What is the "Real World" MPG on this engine? Have the tranny and AWD differential,(metal fragment), problems been corrected on this year model?
    Any Help is appreciated,
    Zootr
  • jkr3jkr3 Posts: 1
    Just got a 2007 RDV. Looking at buying & installing a GM trailer hitch (GM #12499808). But would like to know how hard it was to install. And any pictures on what it looks like installed.

:)
  • joein508joein508 Posts: 3
    This may be too late to help but I don't look at the message board very often.

I have an 04 Ultra and I had the local U-Haul company install my hitch. It is less than half the cost of the GM hitch and works great. The RDV is not for big time hauling but I have been using it to move complete dorm rooms back and forth without problems (beds chairs desks etc). I had them install the 2" receiver rather than the 1" so I would have a bigger choice of trailers.