Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2007 Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Classic vs New

2»

Comments

• Thanks for the info....It's a good idea that GM has about reminding you it's time to change your oil, but some people will pay the $48 dollars for an oil change thinking they have to have the dealer reset the "oil change soon" message! Now to get myself a manual!!

Thanks again
  • I have a 2007 silverado with the 4.8L v8 and 4 speed auto trans. When I manually shift the trans into 1st gear isn't it supposed to stay in first gear? At about 3400 rmp the trans will shift to 2nd even though i have the shifter at 1st. Also, if you put the shifter into 2nd and start from a dead stop isnt it supposed to start in first and then shift to 2nd? As it is right not it will not start in 1st, it starts in 2nd which is slow to say the least. I took it to the dealer and they said that is how it is supposed to work but im not accepting that. I have owned 2 silverados before this one and never had that happen. Is this something new in the newer trucks or am i the only one with this problem?
  • ejnicholejnichol Posts: 6
    What does the owners manual say. I have seen autos up shift after certain max rpm even set in 1st. I'll try my '06 later and see what it does.
  • ejnicholejnichol Posts: 6
    I tried it in my '06 and it does the same thing.Its programmed that way.
  • 04cad04cad Posts: 131
    My daughter just purchased a 2007 Chevrolet Silverado Classic without power door locks or power windows. We priced having them added at a local specialty shop and wondered if it would be cheaper to try and buy the door panels with the motors and switches from a salvage yard instead of the kit to upgrade to the power? The question is,,,,, does this pickup have the wiring harness for the power windows and door locks stubbed off in the door behind the panels or not? Anyone know if the wiring harness is there with the plug end? Thanks in advance for any help.
  • I'm attempting to get my short father running boards for his birthday so he doesn't brake his 60 year old neck. He has a 2007 Silverado Extended Cab, Classic or New body style- have no clue. I've seen the answer to the question about the difference, it just won't show the pix. I don't really care what the difference is unless I need to for the running boards. *Does it make a difference? *If it does, how can I tell?
  • KCRamKCRam Mt. Arlington NJPosts: 3,516
    edited July 2011
    The 2007 "Classic" is the same as the 2006 with the side-by-side headlights over the equally wide turn signals/running lights. The 2007 "New" is the same as the 2008-2011 models with the stacked headlights.

Depending on which boards you are considering, it can make a difference. Once you determine which version he has, shop for the 2006 or 2008 as appropriate.

kcram - Pickups/Wagons/Vans+Minivans Host

Need help navigating? kcram@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• 3oh7guy3oh7guy Posts: 2
    So I'm confused will aftermarket parts such as grilles and or headlights that come pictured in NBS fit on the classic style? Or does it have to specify that it's made for the classic model? All they ever say is "2007 Chevy silverado"
2»