Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lexus IS 250 Color Combos - Which One Did You Pick?

jerry kjerry k Posts: 45
edited March 10 in Lexus
And was this the one you wanted or is the color you wound up become your 2nd/3rd choice?

I saw the Smokey Granite Mica with Sterling leather sitting in a showroom and thought it look great - wound up selecting that one.

So what did you all wind up with?

Comments

• Matador Mica Red with Black interior
    6 speed
    sports pak
    IS 250
    Special Order (very rare)
  • jyunjyun Posts: 2
    Just picked mine up 2 days ago...

Tungsten pearl (silver)
    Black interior
    HID
    rear spoiler
    18" rims

Personally i love black, but the silver color did the best job bringing out all the subtle lines and details of the IS's gorgeous body.
  • css1css1 Posts: 247
    Picked up an IS 250AWD for my wife 3 wks ago.

Black Sapphire Pearl / black leather
    Nav, Lux pkgs.

This color has depth and first chance I get - on goes the Klasse and a good carnuba. The weather has been lousy here.
  • ajmtbmajmtbm Posts: 245
    Tungsten Pearl, Sterling Interior. The light interior and two tone i thought were more insteresting than the black, though the black is quite nice as well.

probably wouldnt have chosen it - but was the last one available. turns out we are very happy with teh choice though.
  • k9galk9gal Posts: 6
    Starfire pearl/cashmere interior RWD
    Nav/backup camera
    HID Lights
    rear spoiler
    18" rims
    Premium pkg/heated/vent seats/wood trim, etc

its a looker......
  • Hello k9gal, this is mimi. I saw your post and your choice is just everything I wanted. Would you please Email me and I have some question for you. Thank you sooooo much! (my email is on my profile i think) :shades:
    Hi Mimi--could not find an email on your profile. I will be happy to answer any question you have!!!! FYI-I just ordered my car and will pick it up Mar 9th. I researched it for 4 months before deciding. I purchased in Raleigh, NC. Great dealership!!!! :blush:
  • patpat Posts: 10,421
    Why don't you just post your question here? That way we can all benefit from the conversation! ;)
  • I am sorry I thought they have my email. As host said maybe I can post my Q here. I would like to know about the price please. I leave in LA,Ca and just get a quote from New port beach. They email me and said they can give me 750below invoice(33,403). I want IS250 RWD with prem pck,nav,18''summer tire,rear spoiler,(mark levinson)<--optional and not sure if they have it. How much did u pay for and do you think I have room to bargin? Thank you so much. :) :blush: :P
    :) :shades: Hi Mimi! I will be happy to tell you the price. I paid $33,400. My IS has everything you mentioned except the Mark Levinson system. I was lucky to get that price since the MSRP on it was $38,127. I live near Charlotte, NC and did not get any deal with the dealership here. They wanted to sell me a basic car for the same price!!!!I checked with Raleigh and they immediately were ready to deal. One important factor was that they told us that February was a month that there was competition between dealerships on the IS models. We locked that price in on Feb 28th!!! From searching the web it appears that Northern Cal dealers give the best deals. There is another IS site that tells of pricing around the country called my.is. This is a great site but that may be helpful to link you to some dealers in your area. Let me know, and I can't wait till Friday to pick mine up. My husband has an 06 GS300; which the IS looks like a mini me to it. I love his, so mine will be a lot of fun!!!! BTW-he did not get the Mark Levinson on his GS and the stereo is still awesome. That is why I never considered it on my IS.
  • mmmmmm...I see...It sounds like a great deal! I don't know if I could get as good as yours. Also I am thinking about buying Mark Levinson system, but I don't really know how much difference there between original and the ML. I don't know if it worth 700+ to get the ML. I will keep checking with deal around my area. Thank you soooo much, and congradulations for the car you are going to get---my dream car... :P :blush: :D
  • jerry kjerry k Posts: 45
    And here I thought this thread was about which color you picked for your car. One of us can't read.
  • well...first of all,don't know why are you being soooo mean. Second, since the HOST suggested me to put my question here,so...Suggest you read completely first...
    Thanks for all the information from K9gal again. It is a lot of help to me, and so to many other friends as well. :)
    Both of us picked starfire pearl, which looks beautiful with the read tail lights, an artistic contrast. :P :P :P
    Well, you have to admit that since I didn't know what your question was until you posted it, I didn't know that there is a better place for it. :)

But you are right - there is no reason for anyone to be rude here. That comment wasn't called for. Thanks for overlooking it.

Check out this discussion: Lexus IS 250 / IS 350: Prices Paid & Buying Experience. You may be able to pick up some more information in addition to what you've learned from k9gal.

You can find other IS 250/IS 350 discussions by clicking here. You might want to join some of them.

Good luck - keep us posted on how it goes. :)
  • I think jerry just made a mistake,he appologized to us. so... :D I am still happy. Oh...I was thinking this morning, that the ONLY color I can NOT accept is the GREEN. :blush: That looks like a grasshopper to me...ahaha...I was funny,I want to laugh... :P All the other colors, I think they are very very beautiful. The best shape would be bring out by silver and metalic blue(baby blue)like some other friends said before. I am going to get the Starfire pearl...BTW,what do you guys think about the interior color...I love Beige(cashmere),but...I sat in the BLACK lether once,I just love the luxury feeling of it. Never sat in the beige,please tell me if you know so...A looot of help to me...Thank u thank u... :blush: :blush:
    Let's get past the personal comments and back to the colors.

Anyone have a black IS 250? How is that going for you? I know it's tough to keep a black car looking clean and I've always avoided that color for that reason.
  • louisweilouiswei Posts: 3,717
    I personally like Blue Onyx Pearl better than black because under some lighting conditions it appears as black but on others it's dark blue.

It's almost like the car can change colors...
    Ooh, sounds nice!
  • jerry kjerry k Posts: 45
    I apologize if I offended anyone - I wasn't intending to be rude (although I know it was a sarcastic remark); however, it seems to me that with all of the different threads involved for each car that it would be far easier for a reader to read about prices under that heading and colors under that heading. I was only trying to alert the above posters that this thread was intended to talk about the color choice of your car and that there was clearly a thread to talk about prices.
    I think we've already sorted all of that out. But thanks very much for your apology, it is appreciated. :)

Let's get back to the subject of this discussion which is indeed color choices for this IS.
This discussion has been closed.