Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2001 - 2006 Honda CR-Vs

Comments

• varmintvarmint Posts: 6,326
    Bill? You mean ASIMO isn't working today?
  • tidestertidester Posts: 10,110
    Let's avoid naming sales people! :)

tidester, host
  • blueiedgodblueiedgod Posts: 2,803
    I placed an order for CRV security system this morning at H and A - accessories.com. When I check my bank account online, the customer service told me that H and A - accessories.com has charged my card twice. I sent an email to H and A - accessories.com but so far I have no any response from them. The phone number on their website 1-888-440-8655 is NOT A WORKING NUMBER.. This is really frustrated me as a first time buyer.

Does anyone have this experience like this ? I plan to buy ALL my CRV accessories from H and A - accessories.com but this first time buying experience makes me think twice to do bussiness again with H and A - accessories.com.

I have seen double charges on the account updates on line, but they never show up on the bill itself at the end fo the month. One charge is hold, and the second charge is the actual charge. Once the money is tranferred, the hold is released.

As to non-working number, you are probably in a different time zone. If you are in the north-east, Fair Honda is a better alternative as you get most of your stuff in a day or two, instead of week or week and a half from H and A (California) Check out www.fairhondapartsforyou.com and if there is soemthing you don't see, call them and ask for it. Unlike H and A, who state that whatever is not on the website is not for sale, EVERY SINGLE Honda part is available from Fair Honda. They even offer free shipping if you talk to the right person. But, I can't post names. E-mail me for contact person for free shipping.
  • ateixeiraateixeira Posts: 72,587
    It's their Holiday 2-for-1 special expect that means they charge you twice. :P

-juice
  • mikefm58mikefm58 Posts: 2,882
    When was it first put in to service? If less than 36 mos. (which it should be since it's an '03), it'll be covered.
  • Just want to up date about this issue. I have received an email from H and A - accessories.com. and the problem is solved. I just check online, I should receive this on 12/16. :)

Thank's for all response and concern. :blush:
  • saabgirlsaabgirl Posts: 184
    Another ex-Pittsburgher (Here we go, Stillers!) weighing in, currently a New Englander and much in favor of the AWD CR-V.

I have the Goodrich all-season OE tires on my AWD 2005 EX. Brought home our Christmas tree during the storm you speak of, and Saabgirl, my missus, said, "Oh, don't try to lug the tree through the snow all the way to the back deck. Just drive through the yard (and about 10" of snow). You have AWD."

What the heck,I went for it. And I prolly woulda made it, too, except the yard has a little grade to it, and the Honda was slipping slightly sideways while chugging steadily uphill through the white stuff. Our course looked like it would take us into assorted trees and shrubs. So I aborted the little off-road adventure and, fortunately, the CR-V had no trouble backing out of the snow-covered yard into the freshly plowed driveway. No harm done.

So, I'd say the CR-V does well under adverse conditions in a heap of the white stuff.

Problem is that the spinning and sliding tore up the snow cover in the side yard and the missus is of the opinion that I should go out there with my snow shovel and smooth it all out before Christmas company begins to arrive. (Oh, sure, dear. Just in case Martha shows up with a photographer, I suppose.)
  • daryll44daryll44 Posts: 305
    is VERY steep. The CR-V with the stock Dueler tires (I'd rather have Michelin and will install them when these go...at about 20,000 miles or less around here) was a CHAMP! Went RIGHT UP in steep ice/snow. CR-V passes the test. If it can handle my driveway, it's good for any on-road challenge it might face.
  • blueiedgodblueiedgod Posts: 2,803
    Sounds like you were putting too much pressure on the gas pedal. :-)
  • saabgirlsaabgirl Posts: 184
    Possibly, but I was just trying to keep 'er moving, which we were doing pretty well considering the depth of the snow cover. Problem was that a side yard that has plenty o' room when you're riding a lawnmower in summer gets kinda cramped in the winer when you're driving a CR-V. (Who the heck moved those apple trees so close to the house?) The margin for error just got too small for comfort.

But my CR-V is doing well in the white stuff, even with all weather Goodrich passenger car tires pumped to 32 psi.

Only problem I've had is that one remote crapped out. A dealer who's about 10 minutes away (but I didn't buy the car there because they weren't low bidder) gave me a new remote, no hassle at all, no problem getting in. My experience with the CR-V and Honda dealers has been great.
  • I don't have anything pertinent for this discussion, but I've had my CR-V (2005 EX) for about 4 months now and I just love, love, love this car. By this point of ownership of my last car (a turbo Passat wagon) I was already having big second thoughts. I can't say enough good things about the CR-V. The great snow handling, now that I've gotten to try it, is just the icing (so to speak) on the cake.
  • Hi, I have a 2004 Honda CR-V & recently it passed 8000 miles ready for it first schedule maint. What I want to know is how much would it cost? I live in AZ, USA & what is it involve/checks also is it best to take my car to my Honda dealer for this maint? Thanks
  • mikefm58mikefm58 Posts: 2,882
    All the maintenance items should be in your owner's manual and you're in AZ so use the severe schedule. Though you can do these yourself, or have your friendly mechanic do them, or I'd recommend the dealer. But make sure they don't do items that aren't in your owner's manual.
  • Stever@EdmundsStever@Edmunds YooperlandPosts: 38,910
    The Edmunds Maintenance Guide will tell you how much we think that service should cost for your zip code.

Steve, Host
  • thegraduatethegraduate Posts: 9,731
    My experience with the CR-V and Honda dealers has been great.

Honda knows how to build cars well, and knows how to treat customers! Good thing it wasn't a VW! I don't think they have a german word for "customer service" or "reliable"! ;)
  • thegraduatethegraduate Posts: 9,731
    By this point of ownership of my last car (a turbo Passat wagon) I was already having big second thoughts.

Is your customer service noticably better or worse at the Honda dealer (do you use a dealer?)? Congrats on the car, they are great vehicles!
  • Is your customer service noticably better or worse at the Honda dealer (do you use a dealer?)? Congrats on the car, they are great vehicles!

The buying experience was equally good in each case, I thought. As far as service goes, I didn't like the fact that when I took the Passat to the dealer, at about 23K miles, I needed a $500 brake job that a regular brake place couldn't do because the Passat has Fancy Magic Brakes of some kind. (It remains to be seen whether I'll need new pads or whatever after 23K miles in the CR-V; I very well may.) And I hated that I could only get new windshield wiper blades at the dealer (again, they were apparently Fancy Magic Blades) and they cost over $100 for all 3 (front plus back), and they never worked well to begin with, and degraded quickly.

As far as the actual service, I never had any problems. I haven't taken the CR-V in for its first service yet, so I can't comment on the Honda people.
  • jimbresjimbres Posts: 2,025
    My 1st full tank of gas yielded 17.5 mpg, & I couldn't be happier. Given that my weekday driving consists mainly of a 3 mile drive to the railroad station in the morning & a 3 mile drive back home at night, my CR-V (an '06 EX 5M delivered on 11/12) doesn't run long enough to fully warm up. When you factor in the unseasonably cold weather we've had in the Northeast, you can understand why I'm positively ecstatic about this mileage figure.

My previous station car, a '92 Ford Taurus with the optional 3.8L V-6, typically returned < 10 mpg under these conditions.

(But I do miss the sweet smell of antifreeze.)
  • varmintvarmint Posts: 6,326
    I know what you mean. With my new MDX I was getting 21-22 mpg in mixed driving. But for the past two weeks, I've been home playing Mr. Mom and the MDX has only made in-town trips. MPG is currently 20 according to the trip computer.
  • ateixeiraateixeira Posts: 72,587
    I understand completely. Try combining errands, i.e. pick up groceries and dinner on the way home, car pool in with someone else, etc.

-juice