Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2001 - 2006 Honda CR-Vs

Comments

• lirlir Posts: 81
    You make an excellent point. My husband vowed NEVER to drive an automatic. He basically inherited my Accord in April, which is automatic, and literally cries everyday as he backs out of our garage. :cry:
  • miamicrv1miamicrv1 Posts: 66
    Long story short. I'm at the corner of Davie and Burrard in Vancouver BC and I see 2 2007 CRVs parked with their windows down at a corner gas station. Both were an attractive metallic silver blue not unlike the BMW X3 but lighter and nicer. The good news is that after many disappointments, Honda I think will exceed everyones expectations. The vehicles are beautiful. The word I would use is harmonious in every way. There are no squared off edges or awkward angles. The interior is the best I've seen on any Honda and nicer then most Acuras as well. The rear end is really a thing of beauty and the side silloette makes the BMW X3 look 10 years out of date. The front is interesting. There are actually 3 prominent parts. The hood actually comes down over the edge and surrounds the Honda logo which is part one. Then there is a section of horizontal black plastic slats which is indented a bit which is part 2. Finally there is black bumper with symetrically spaced bulges in it which makes part 3. The interior is beautiful. There is aluminum trim everywhere. The nicely designed gear shift sits at the low end of the center stack with a a small nav/information screen above it and radio and HVAC above that. Completely new seats and a speedometer pod with attractive fonts on all the guages. This vehicle will challenge not only the RDX but the BMW X3 and blows the RAV4 away in it's more sensual high quality appeal. They've gone back to the CRV's original design DNA, meaning it's simplicity and updated and upgraded in every way. The height of the vehicle is several inches lower but does not look small in it's overall dimensions. The engine sounded like a 4 cyclinder version of an Infinity FX when they took off. All in all....a package that is impressive. Sorry I was on the way to my gym and had no camera with me.
  • robr2robr2 BostonPosts: 7,599
    You are forgetting that it is the US phenomenon. The rest of the world still gets stick. So, the R&D costs are not the case here. And the 5% figure is for the US sales. The rest of the world is about 80-90% mauals.

That holds true only if the same powertrains are sold into those markets.

Europe is now about 70% manuals and dropping fast.
  • jimbresjimbres Posts: 2,025
    In a way, I'm glad that the '07 CR-V won't be available with a stick. Otherwise, as the owner of an '06 EX 5MT, I might regret that I didn't postpone my purchase. But now I can rest easy, knowing that I own 1 of the last stick CR-Vs sold in North America. Having spent most of my life rowing my own, I'm just too old & set in my ways to learn how to drive an automatic.
  • drive62drive62 Posts: 637
    Man you people are tenacious about your manual trannies.

The bottom line is you live in the US. The US is a automatic market. As you have said and seen, fewer and fewer manuals are available. Sorry it upsets you.

Maybe my examples weren't the best but I think you get the idea---you just don't want to accept that a manual transmission and someone who can drive one is a dying breed in this country.

I didn't want to debate the merits of AT vs. MT but you guys did it and you know what? Based on what I've read (thanks robr2) the AT comes out pretty well.
    The most noticable difference is the front bumper. The vehicles I saw today had no fog lights and as I mentioned the bumper had these evenly spaced bulges throughout. The tape on the top portion of the hood in the picture changes the whole look of the undisguised vehicle, especially with the metal portion of the hood coming over the edge and surrounding the very prominent logo. Finally, the roofline as it flows to the back melds with a beautiful curved line in the rear glass panel. Bottom line is that the picture captures the vehicle, but, and I use these words specifically because it's unique for Honda, they don't capture it's grace or it's beauty. It's really stunning.
  • blueiedgodblueiedgod Posts: 2,803
    In a way, I'm glad that the '07 CR-V won't be available with a stick. Otherwise, as the owner of an '06 EX 5MT, I might regret that I didn't postpone my purchase. But now I can rest easy, knowing that I own 1 of the last stick CR-Vs sold in North America. Having spent most of my life rowing my own, I'm just too old & set in my ways to learn how to drive an automatic.

I would bet with 95% confidence that the 2008 Diesel CR-V will be available with Manual only. The diesel CR-V will replace the current EX manual as the only stick shifted CR-V.

This is when I plan on getting mine. That way I can laugh at all the @#$%^& who don't want to or don't know how to drive stick as I am driving around in an SUV that gets 35-40 mpg and runs on filtered used frying oil, while producing 250 ft. lbs of torque.
  • wheelz4wheelz4 Posts: 569
    I posted awhile back (#15582) wheelz4, "Honda CR-V" #15582, 30 Mar 2006 6:48 am
    that I had heard there was to be a media preview for the new CR-V in Vancouver in July. Wonder if they bumped it up a bit and that's what miamicrv1 came across? I would say that anyone in the Vancouver/Whistler area should arm themselves with a digital camera and be on the lookout!
    Nice post, miamicrv1!
    It's interesting you say that. I spoke to one of the drivers and asked him if he was with Honda. And he indicated that he was just driving the vehicle for them. So you may be right that they were just here for a photo shoot. Both vehicles had leather, sunroof and aluminum accents on the interior, so I assume they were top of the line vehicles.
    The two 2007's I saw were both Automatics and the shifter was located on the lower portion of the center instrument stack. The entire interior is much more car like then any of the previous CRVs. So there is still a pass through between the two front seats, but it's much narrower and there was no evidence of armrests or even the familiar fold down center tray....but that could have just been the angle that I was looking in from. The instrument panel is not two tiered nor digital, but very well done and more pleasing to the eye then anything I've seen from Honda in a while including the Accord
  • pogs2006pogs2006 Posts: 26
    Hello Folks,

I was just at a Honda dealership and the salesperson noticed that the battery was dead. He found out by trying to unlock the car with the key fob.

So after boosting the battery, I took the CRV for a test drive, but I noticed three things. First the radio didn't work, secondly that the driver's side auto window didn't work, and thirdly the warning bell didn't sound when the headlights were left on. So when I asked him about it, he said that because the battery died...the technicians would have to do some resetting of the computer that controls the radio, warning bell and the auto window.

Does anyone know if this is the case? I would appreciate anyone with knowledge of this ASAP.

Thanks,
    pogs2006
  • danpf1danpf1 Posts: 80
    When will Honda build a CR-V Hybrid model and do you think it will be popular? I'm hoping that if Honda does build one, it will have a regenerative device to charge up the battery while being towed behind an RV. How many like the idea of an Hybrid CR-V? I sure do.

Dan
  • stevedebistevedebi LAPosts: 3,719
    The radio is definitely correct, I hadn't heard about he auto side widonw and warning bell, but it sounds logical. I wouldn't hesitate to buy the car if you like it. All items are covered by warranty.

BTW, the code for the radio should be in the owner's manual packet.
  • robr2robr2 BostonPosts: 7,599
    So when I asked him about it, he said that because the battery died...the technicians would have to do some resetting of the computer that controls the radio, warning bell and the auto window.

Does anyone know if this is the case? I would appreciate anyone with knowledge of this ASAP.

More than likely, the vehicle hadn't yet been prepped. Many fuses are installed during prep that may account for some of those issues.
  • varmintvarmint Posts: 6,326
    I do not expect a hybrid CR-V any time in the near future. We know for certain it is not in a three year plan which started last year. That comes from the CEO.
  • varmintvarmint Posts: 6,326
    "So there is still a pass through between the two front seats, but it's much narrower and there was no evidence of armrests or even the familiar fold down center tray....but that could have just been the angle that I was looking in from."

If you are correct about the space being more narrow, there is no reason not to have a console. The existing pass-through was already pretty tight.
  • wheelz4wheelz4 Posts: 569
    ...are up on another forum....more or less undisguised. not sure if I can link to them....
  • Stever@EdmundsStever@Edmunds YooperlandPosts: 38,931
    We've started up a 2007 discussion for the new CR-V talk - here's the link:

2007 Honda CR-V

Some of the posts in here will be moved over there to help seed the discussion, so the thread chronology may be a bit disjointed for a day or so.

Steve, Host
  • Stever@EdmundsStever@Edmunds YooperlandPosts: 38,931
    If you want to talk about the current model still on sale at your local Honda dealership, please do so. :shades:

Steve, Host
  • stevedebistevedebi LAPosts: 3,719
    Naw, the 2006 isn't ugly in front... not near as interesting a topic. :shades: