It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!
Weird Alignment Problem...
- I have owned the car for 3 years. It has been driven to Alaska and back and in total I have probably put over 30K miles on it. It has never had any alignment issues.
- I have driven this car extensively off road and never had any problems.
- I wrecked the car on 11/05 when I hit a patch of ice. I had to replace the shock, upper and lower control arms and a few other small parts on the PASSENGER FRONT. After this the car drove just fine and went into alignment spec easily.
- Jan. 07 I went for a road trip to mexico from the SF Bay Area. Coming back from Mexico the driver-side front wheel went "spontaneously" out of camber and toe-angle. I say "spontaneously" because I have NO memory of hitting anything significant. It was so bad that when I drove, the steering wheel was 90 degrees clockwise from normal and the tire constantly squealed when driving ANY speed. The time I noticed a slight difference in the steering to the time it was no longer drivable was ~70-100 miles. Car was towed, re-aligned and the mechanic could find no reason why. Car was tehn driven another 200+ miles and didn't have a problem until yesterday.
- Car again went out of alignment for "no reason". This time is was around 60 miles from when I noticed to when it could not be driven. Taken to shop, re-aligned and the mechanic could find no reason why.
- I was 50 miles from home when I drove the car from the mechanic and guess what? Right about when I got home the alignment was so bad the car could not be driven. It is now stuck at my house and must be towed to be repaired.