Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Saturn VUE

Comments

• steverstever Viva Las CrucesPosts: 40,778
    Our first look at Saturn's next SUV(Inside Line)

Talk about it in the 2008 Saturn Vue (Opel Antera) discussion.

If you are more interested in banko talk, check out the A World Without General Motors? column.

Steve, Host

Need help navigating? stever@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

• uga91uga91 Metro AtlantaPosts: 1,065
    We have a 2005 4 cylinder, 5 speed VUE and our mileage is like yours. I am not unhappy--what were you hoping to get?
  • johnbjohnb Posts: 32
    I also have a 2004 4cyl 5sp VUE that gets 20-23 city, 23-25 highway. I have been tracking the mileage since new and have over 32k on the VUE now with no significant improvement after the "break in" period.

I have grown to accept the city mileage, but wish my highway mileage was closer to that of other people. I drive pretty much 70mph and use cruise almost exclusively.

Sometimes I wonder if it is the quality of gas, but have not conducted enough studies of various gas stations around here to come to any conclusions.

Also, my gas gauge drops in a unusual fashion. I can get 100+ miles on the first 1/4 tank, 80 miles on second 1/4 tank, 60 miles on the third and 40-50 miles on the last 1/4 tank. I understand that the first 1/4 tank will go farther because the fuel level is above the max reading of the fuel level indicator, but why doesn't the gauge drop evenly after that? Does the VUE consume more fuel as the tank level drops (or is the tank not a uniform shape)?

All in all, though, the VUE has been a great family vehicle and much easier to travel in than our 1996 SL2 is (which has also been an excellent vehicle and has 160,000+ miles now).
    My highway figures are higher than yours. I get about 28 on the road. Like you, though, I cruise at about 70 to 75 mph as much as possible, so I know that is robbing me of efficiency.

My fuel gauge does like yours. When the light comes on, it will take 12 gallons. With a 16 gallon tank, I still have a quarter tank left. I used to have a Chrysler van that did the same thing--the light would come on and it would take 16 gallons to fill up. With a 20 gallon tank, I had 20% of my gas left. My Ford F-150 also shows lower than it is. With the needle showing 1/4 tank, it will only take about 20 gallons. With a 30 gallon tank, I still have 1/3 of a tank when it says 1/4. I have just come to accept it in all vehicles. When in doubt, use yout odometer instead of your gauge.
  • hammy233hammy233 Posts: 24
    Hello: anybody have a solution for the "sandblasted" pitted mouldings on the 06 Vues :confuse: .......take a look on the moulding on the rear doors at the wheel wells...the leading edges are pitting and chipped? I am still waiting to hear back from my service manager.....this wasn`t an issue on previous models as they didn`t paint that part. :(
  • Does Honda provide the transmission for the Vue V-6 in both the FWD and AWD?
  • steverstever Viva Las CrucesPosts: 40,778
    A PreVue of Saturn's SUV Future (Inside Line)

Steve, Host

Need help navigating? stever@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

• pisulinopisulino Posts: 78
    So the shortlist is down to the 2007 VUE

or this:

http://www.mitsubishicars.com/07outlander/

10 - year/160,000 km Powertrain Limited Warranty
    The powertrain is the heart of your vehicle, so we do everything we can to make sure it never skips a beat. That includes protecting it with a warranty that'll last long after the new - car smell fades. Sure, 10 - year/160,000 km coverage is bold, but we have over 80 years of car - building confidence to back it up.

5 - year/100,000 km New Vehicle Limited Warranty
    The Mitsubishi model lineup is a blend of eye - catching style and adrenalin - pumping performance. There are thousands of parts that go into our performance vehicles, and we back just about everything for 5 years or 100,000 kilometres, whichever comes first.

5 - year/Unlimited km Roadside Assistance
    We can even help with flat tires, stormy weather and bad karma. Just call Roadside Assistance 24 hours a day, 365 days a year and we'll provide the emergency services you need, including free towing, battery boosts, tire service, fuel and fluid delivery and more1.
  • dclark2dclark2 Posts: 91
    Check out the '07 Suzuki XL7 which comes out this fall and also has a 100K mile warranty. It has a frame reinforced body, seats 7, is bigger than an Equinox,Suzuki built cadillac 3.6 motor (255 hp) gets 23mpg and can be had with navigation for $29K.
  • crj19crj19 Posts: 3
    Does anyone know if there is a fuse for the DRL's, I know there is a relay for them but a fuse??
  • do you have an automatic trans
    No, it's a 5 speed manual...
  • It would be nice if Saturn vue 2008 had a wider stance to avoid rollovers and a few more horses. I have a 2005 AWD with 250HP. Would like to see a twin overhead cam FI with turbo. I get 20 in city driving and 26 on highway. A larger gas tank -20 gal. would be nice.
  • Hello. I have read some of your posts and have recently found out about this forum. I have owned three Saturns and have been very pleased. I am selling my 2002 VUE, because we have a baby on the way and need the extra cash.

It is black w/ gray cloth, 52,000 miles, 4 cyl, 5 speed manual, traction control, ABS, power windows/mirrors/locks, cd/cass, compass/temp rearview mirror, most of you know the rest. The tires have about 10,000 miles on them.

I live in Madison, WI. We are asking $9900/offer. This is below blue book as we are motivated to sell. I would appreciate the help with selling this vehicle and welcome any questions.
  • tidestertidester Posts: 10,110
    You should check out How to sell your car..

And, just to be clear, these boards are not set up for buying and selling.

tidester, host
  • tracyegtracyeg Posts: 7
    Does anyone know how much gas is left in the tank when the gas light comes on? Is there another gallon, two gallons or more?
  • jr1jr1 Posts: 9
    Does anyone know if the 2007 and 2008 model of Vue will have the Honda 3.5 V6 or the GM V6? Any info on the GM V6 for the Vue? How is the gas mileage,etc? I have an 05 V6 Vue and have had real good luck with it. Good gas mileage and lots of pep. The better half rather drive it than the 05 4Runner. thanks in advance for the info. wish you well.
    If your VUE is like mine, you should have about 4 gallons left. When my light comes on, it takes about 12 gallons to fill. Next time your light comes on, fill it up and subtract the amount you bought from the capacity of the tank and you can check yours.
  • fnamowiczfnamowicz Posts: 191
    Does any body know if the 2007 VUE will be available in a gas engine. I am not interested in a hybrid.
  • ocmike3ocmike3 Posts: 232
    all 2007 VUEs will have gas engines, even the hybrid.
  • fnamowiczfnamowicz Posts: 191
    Will there be a none hybrid available?
    I know that a hybrid has a gas engine and an electric motor. thanks for this info.
    From what I've read and what the dealers rep told me, the line up will be the same as 2006 with the addition of the hybrid.
  • mtenamtena Posts: 58
    I'm still doing some shopping for a 2006 VUE (I have a 2003 already), and I was wondering - when would 2007s be expected to begin arriving at dealerships? August?

I may want to wait a few months for the new model year....
    I believe 2007 is the last of the VUE as we know it, isn't it? With the new and bigger Outlook on the way, I think the next VUE will be smaller and not made with polymer panels. If a VUE like what we have now is what you want, then you need to buy one in the next year or so.
    Yes, I believe that is true Saturns will be a reskinned division/offshoot of Opel.
    Yep, I will get either a 2006 or 2007 and them keep the polymer clad SUV for a little while ;)
    On a related note, I've been driving on fumes lately, in the expectation that I would be trading in my 2003 VUE any day now. The gas light has been on very frequently :)

One day, when the fuel level got especially low, the "Service Engine Soon" light came on. It stayed on a while after I refueled, but then disappeared a couple of days later. The manual has an explanation for this phenomenon.
    Our "Service Engine Soon" light came on a few months back. It came on, a day later it went off, then a few days later it came back on. Took it in and it was a bad O2 sensor and no big issue. Covered under warranty, anyway.
  • jpercivaljpercival Posts: 5
    They are not required in AZ , can they be disabled. Annoying to unlock Vue 2005 and have them on all of the time.