Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Saturn VUE

Comments

• dindakdindak Posts: 6,632
    I read an article in the local paper predicting Saturn will push to have this Vue out for late summer. I really can't wait to see this one at the auto show in February. I hope they have one available to sit in.
  • Is there really nothing to talk about here? No new posts since January 8th. Or have people taken the Vue discussion elsewhere?
  • drew_drew_ Posts: 3,382
    Perhaps it is because the vehicle is not out yet? Activity should pick up as the launch date approaches.

Drew
    Host
    Vans, SUVs, and Aftermarket and Accessories message boards
    I am very excited about this SUV. It seems to be a great compromise of size, power, fuel efficiency and looks. I am anxiously awaiting the auto show next week so I can finally see one. I only hope I can actually sit in it.

drew is right, activity will pick up when the Vue is closer to the release.
    Could you actually sit in the Vue they had? I have seen the color you are talking about and I agree, I don't like it.
  • Thanks for the replies. Before long I'll have an Olds loyalty certificate (good on other GM products as well) and I'm shopping early as usual. I'm looking forward to seeing the Vue at the Tampa car show later this year. Actually, it is my wife's car we will be replacing. She previously had a Saturn SL2 and liked it and Saturn service very much. But she has a bias against SUVs so I will have to sell her on the concept.
  • Well, I was at the Houston Autoshow this past weekend and I was able to see a featured Saturn Vue. Of course the bright orange Vue was isolated on a rotating platform and protected from the general public. But they did leave the doors open and looking at the interior and exterior one can easily see its a little larger then the Escape/Tribute. I'm still waiting for that test drive. Good Luck at the next car show.

Michael
    michanth : From what I have read the Vue is suppose to be bigger inside than the Escape. I'm glad to hear that it's true. Toronto auto show is one week from tomorrow.

Did anyone get details on pricing??
  • There were no details on pricing at the autoshow.
    Except to say, stay in touch with Saturn. Now in Future autoshows if someone can sit in a Vue and quickly go to the Ford Escape/Tribute and then give us a comparsion of usable space and comfort, entry exit etc... that would be very interesting.

Best Wishes

Michael
  • The Vue will be one of the largest mini sport utes when it comes out, if fact, it may be the largest. I've read from various sources that it's 4 inches larger than the CRV which is 4 inches larger than the Escape/Tribute. This generally means more cubic space inside.
    One of the things I don't like about the CRV, Tracker/ Sidekick and the RAV-4 is the lack of space. The Saturn seems like it will be much better. I like the Tribute/Escape, but I am scared about all the problems I am hearing. I have another year on our lease so I can wait for the Saturn. Does anyone know anything about the pricing?
  • Hi I am in the market for a new tow vehicle for my motorhome, four wheels down. I have e-mailed Saturn regarding this and the response seems to be according to demand. So if you are in the market as I am please e-mail or write to Saturn. I specifically am interested in the VUE V-6 front wheel drive as a tow car. Thanks for any help.At the present I drive a 2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4X4 as a tow and the quality is poor. So if anyone is interested please contact Saturn and suggest they make all Vue suv's flat towable. Thanks Gil joecpa@digital.net
    Check out www.autonews.com. They have pictures of two new VUE concept vehicles from the Chicago Auto Show. Very cool!!
  • I bought an ES Tribute right before new years and haven't had any concerns since I've gotten it. I do have to schedule a check for the fuel smell problem though, seems like one more recall is in the midst to address this. Otherwise, I love the car! It's great and stronger than the Vue's 170 hp engine. I wouldn't give it up for anything...

Either car would be great, I drove a 93 SC2 for a couple of years and love the car!

If you want to check out some new info on the release of the Vue, check out this link!

http://www.autonews.com/html/main/stories/vue208.htm

Pricing should be very competitive to it's competitors, so expect about $25,000 max when you come to showrooms...

My decision next year will likely be between Vue and Escape/Tribute. I would like a bigger SUV, but with gas prices where they are, I can't afford it. Initial problems should be ironed out by next year on the Escape/Tribute so I think it will be a matter of preference and price.
  • loachloach Posts: 246
    I saw the VUE at the Omaha auto show in early January and had a good first impression. Unfortunately it was roped off so I couldn't sit inside or get a good look at the interior. Is anyone else worried that this SUV will be underpowered with only 170 hp? I haven't seen any information on vehicle weight or torque. It's going to be sad if this product is as good as it looks but ends up with a weak V6 like the Santa Fe. I test drove a Santa Fe and was shocked by how nice the ride was, but....it was a bit underpowered. The Tribute has plenty of power, but I'm afraid the ride and noise might not be tolerable. I hope I'm not stuck with spending $27-28k or more on a Highlander or Pathfinder in order to get a combination of refinement and power. Any thoughts?
    The V6 should have plenty of power. I have driven the LS-300 with the same engine and it is VERY good.
  • scape2scape2 Posts: 4,119
    auto show and like the styling. The salesperson was very nice and let people take a peek inside. I feel the 170HP V6 will be plenty for a vehicle of this size. The Escape/Tribute have the weakest 4cyl engine also in this class until the 2.3 arrives. Glad to see more competition, helps drive prices down...:-) Lets hope anyway...
  • I see on other boards you've been to the Toronto auto show. How about a review of the Vue? How does it compare to the new Buick SUV?

Lindsey
    Was at the show Friday night.

The Saturn Vue was really nice looking, but you could not sit in it. It was roped off so I could not even look inside. The color was not the best, but the exterior is impressive. I got a very cool brochure with a punch out of the Vue which you can use to picture how it would look in your driveway. I'm not sure if it was a Canadian only one or widely available.

The Rendezvous you could sit in, and it seemed bigger that the Vue. Starting price was just over $33K CDN. Very large interior and attractive interior. Liked it a lot.

Both Rendezvous and Vue will be on my list next spring. Other's I liked include the Escape/ Tribute, Trailblazer, Pathfinder and V6 Suzuki EXT. A lot will depend on gas prices and my budget next year.

Have u seen the Vue?
  • No, I haven't seen a real one yet. Got a package from Saturn with the 3-d glasses, but it's just not the same. You know how it is. Sometimes a vehicle looks much more impressive in the flesh.
    I agree. I circled the Vue about 3 times to get a really good feel for the size and look. It's pretty cool. Are there no car shows in your area?

It will be interesting to see how the 4 cyl engine is vs the V6. With gas prices where they are, I'm almost tempted to go 4 cyl. if performance is acceptable.
  • I'm in the Tampa Bay area (St. Petersburg) and we'll have the Tampa Bay International Auto Show November 2-5. Thanks for posting that link. That was more new Saturn information than I've seen in a while.
    No problem. You will probably see a lot of press later in the summer. The Vue is not out till the fall, so it's a bit early I guess.
  • afk_xafk_x Posts: 393
    I happen to be a self proclaimed expert on all things Saturn.

The VUE will weigh only slightly more than a L-300 and as such the acceleration will be near the top of its class. Just don't try to tow much!

Assuming the CVT works out as planned the 4 cyl will have gas milage unheard of before in an SUV. I'm thinking around 35 on the highway. (How do you like them apples?)

The SUV will be sold as quickly as we get them until February. This is because they will ONLY make 8000 units available nationwide between December and February. Yes this means it won't be released until December.
    I read the Vue was to be released in September. Why the delay??

I will test both the 4 and the 6, but I'm still leaning 6 for now.
  • lindseylindsey Posts: 41
    I like the concept of the CVT but am wary of long-term reliability of this new engineering. Has GM used this type of transmission in any other applications? Also, what is your estimate for city mileage for the 4 cyl? I gather from your previous posts that you work at a Saturn dealership. Where is it located?
  • afk_xafk_x Posts: 393
    The VUE launch has been pushed back several times. Why? Simply put - Saturn wants to make sure when they release the VUE that is it RIGHT. Spring Hill has never made anything but the S series - and the VUE is a brand new vehicle. This is why there will be limited production initially to ensure top notch quality. The L series has some design issues when it was released and they don't want a repeat.

As for CITY milage I would estimate 25 for the CVT.

As for which retail facility I work at - read my profile. (Saturn doesn't call em dealerships)

:)
    Your profile doesn't say anything about where you work and it says you are looking for a BMW?

As for the Vue, I'm glad they are taking their time with it. That being said, I am shocked as to how much time. At the auto show, the sales person said September/ October