Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Saturn VUE

Comments

• vuefor2vuefor2 Posts: 490
    mmspeal :: Saturn reunion sounds like fun.

dindak :: I see a lot of Vues on the road these days. As word gets around I'm sure sales will continue to rise. Saturn treats people real well which is why we may consider an Ion next year.
  • jmaterojmatero Posts: 253
    I don't know about getting metallic on saturns...... I can't speak for the VUE, but I have yet to see either an L-series (doors and fenders) or S-series in Silver, Pewter or other metallic colors with a REALLY nice paint job. On the L in particular, the doors look like they were painted with a spray can... solid colors are fine though. Is this because of the plastic panels?
  • gehegehe Posts: 78
    (mmspeal) ... and I don't mean your hot tub !
    -Uck ! That nice red VUE ! Shame on you.
    -Actually, I recently rediscovered a car wash near Philly, Jersey side, that I used to go to over 8 years ago where & when I bought my Tracker. Auto with a rub down. My Tracker has it made. The best car wash in the tri-state and cheap.
    -Hate a dirty car. I always get mine spruced before I get it serviced. If they think I look after it, then may be they will do too.
    -I plan to get into the habit of going there regularly on my Wednesdays to Philly especially when that illusive VUE arrives. That's a big bit of body to clean.
    -Your hot tub sounds 'just the ticket'. How's your weather 'out there' where ever you are ? Still hot here with crisp nights.

(jmatero)
    -I dun-know. Even old Saturns still look great and they have done some really great metallics over the years.
    -We'll see.

Later all ...
  • mmspealmmspeal Posts: 122
    I am actually just outside Toronto in a small city called Burlington, right on the eastern shore of Lake Ontario. The weather has been great - very hot and humid summer - up until the past few days. It has cooled off quite a bit.
    Daytime highs are in the low to mid 20's (mid 70's F) right now and night time lows in the low teens (low 50's F).
    Don't worry, I will get the VUE all scrubbed up this weekend. You know ... for the past 8 years I owned a convertible and if I took it to the car wash, I got a shower ... I guess I could go to the carwash now if I find a good one - I've just gotten used to doing it myself!

By the way ... I don't know if it is all Saturn dealerships or not, but everytime I take mine in for service, even just an oil change, they wash it for me and leave a thank you note with mints on the dash.
  • dindakdindak Posts: 6,632
    Actually Burlington is on the west end of Lake Ontario. I'm sure that's what you meant.
    Yeah you are right Dindak - I am not from here, was tranplanted here a couple of years ago and still get confused with N E S W, especially when I go to Hamilton!!! Thanks
    Where are you from originally. I'm actually originally from the east end of the Lake near Kingston.
    The stupid thing is that I should be used to directions being backwards. I am originally from Windsor where the water (and Detroit) are north. Where else can you be in Canada and be south of the US ???
    (mmspeal)
    -Neat. Sounds like we have the same weather. This morning was the first one where I actually thought of Fall, but it got suddenly cooler after dawn because it was warmer when I started work @ 5:30.
    -I know my Saturn folks do have a "detailer" , but I have a feeling that they charge a small fee. We will see. The ' mints ' would win me over ! I'm addicted to Peanut Chews. I get them by the 4 lbs bag @ Sam's Club ... and I don't share !
    -So Coscos came thru in the end. huh ? What was their ' story ' finally ?
    -I am often tempted to try Coscos over Sam's. Any advise ?
    re:-Penny & Viv ...
    -I wrote to the Saturn CEO, Annette Clayton about Orange/Grey and the Blue issue. A nice letter ... not really a complaint ... but she will certainly know how to make me a very happy, Saturn camper.
    -The 800 folks never got back to me. Sad comment when a Customer Service facility can only handle 'happy' calls, but when you engage them, they go silent. It's a neat trick, but it's not impressive. I have students that do that. It doesn't work. Might surprise (you all), but I can be silent too !!!

(dindak)
    -I had to laugh at you correcting (mmspeal) on her Geography. Boy ! You don't miss a squeak around this Board !! :))))
    -I think the three of us could keep this Board going thru any lull.
    Later all ...
    Actually all of southern Ontario is south of say, Seattle. Windsor is about as far as you can go though.
  • tidestertidester Posts: 10,110
    Where else can you be in Canada and be south of the US ???

You don't know how many times I've tried to convince people that Detroit is NORTH of Windsor! You show them a map then they turn it every which way and still don't buy it! LoL!

tidester
    Host
    SUVs; Aftermarket & Accessories
  • wes19wes19 Posts: 48
    My Saturn dealer washes my car anytime I drive it in. I take advantage of it often. Since I could not dicker on the price I show up 3 times a week for a wash.
  • nippononlynippononly SF Bay AreaPosts: 12,669
    I thought it had to be in for service??!!

2013 Civic SI, 2009 Outback Sport 5-spd (stick)

• 56795679 Posts: 88
    I hope you don't have to drive very far. don't you have anything better to do?
    Try volunteering!
  • wes19wes19 Posts: 48
    What kind of comment is that from 5679?

I work in the same town as the dealer. I can go to lunch, stop in for a car wash, and be on my way to my next place of volunteer service more quickly than if I were to wash it myself.AND my car is cleaner.

And Yes I can show up anytime!!
    (wes19)
    -What kind of comment was that POSTed by 5679 ?
    -SNIDE ! Just ignore it. It's valuless.
    -Keep POSTing. The rest of us want to read/hear what you have to say.
    Later ...
    Seems like our back passenger side door is sticking shut. Anyone else had this problem? Not a big issue but I guess I will have to bring it in.

We went camping this weekend and were visited 3 times by people who wanted to know more about our Vue. Even many months after it's been out, the Vue attracts a lot of attention. We like that!
    Try just looking the rubber gasket that runs along the back part of the door, over the wheel well. I had that problem and then realized that it just wasn't sitting right. I must have moved it somehow when installing the splash guards - re-adjusting was an easy fix without having to take it in.

I also like that fact that the VUE attracts a lot of attention! It is a very sharp looking vehicle.
    I brought it in to the dealer and they fixed it in 15 minutes. No big deal they said, I guess it wasn't. They didn't say what it was but it works fine now.

Saw a yellow special edition on the lot when I was there.