Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Acura TSX 2008

Comments

• Guys,

Is the only difference between the 07 and 08 model the fact that the 08 has Acura Navigation System with Voice Recognition™ now available in Hawaii??

That seems to be the only think I can find. Thanks.
  • my 06 tsx has navigation with voice recognition. maybe that is a new thing in Hawaii.
  • nj2pa2ncnj2pa2nc Posts: 813
    there is real time traffic information on xm- not that it would help me. it is for certain areas of the country. i accidently started listening to it-san diego was one of the areas
  • dad23dad23 Posts: 430
    Yeah, I ran across that scanning the XM channels one day too, but my area wasn't included either.
  • patpat Posts: 10,421
    A recent post has prompted a new topic and some posts have been moved. Check this out: swimn10s, "My Salesperson Misled Me" #2, 8 Oct 2007 10:43 pm.
    according to the xm guide the following areas are included in their instant traffic, weather, boston ma, ny ny, philadelphia pa, baltimore md, washington dc, pittsburgh pa, detroit mi, chicago il, st. louis mo, minneapolis/st paul mn, seattle wa, sanfrancisco ca, los angeles ca, peonix az, dallas/ft worth tx, houston tx, atlanta ga, tampa/st.petersburg fl.
  • Well, I have question about your answer (NJ2pa2NC). According to XM Radio.com// They do not list 2008 TSX for their TRAFFIC updates. Is that correct? Because, I do have a 2008 Tsx with Navigation, and wish to get the traffic updates, even though there are times, I get an "icon", for "TRAFFIC", in my icon menu. Please advice. Thanks...
    do you subsribe to the xm radio or are you still in the 3 month trial. if you are the traffic is on channels 2l0-230. i really do not think it has to do anything with having nav.
  • Is there a discussion for the upcoming redesigned '09 TSX?
  • Yes, I have the remaining 2 months of Free trial of XM radio. I hardly listen to it. But, I wanted to know if there is "anyway", I would get notification on my NAVIGATION for any traffic pattern/update? Thanks...
    the tsx does not have the real-time traffic feature like the tl does. this feature is not free except for the first 3 months. to answer your question-NO-
  • I just purchased my 08 TSX w/o Navi and set up the Hands Free Link. I can receive calls and the phones are paired but I can't seem to get it to call out. I say "call" then say the numbers but it never repeats the numbers back. Does anyone have a suggestion?
  • dad23dad23 Posts: 430
    Congrats on your new vehicle! You might try going to www.handsfreelink.com to see if there are compatibility issues with your phone. Have you tried getting help from your dealer or Acura TLC?
    if i can not figure things out on the operations of my tsx i ask the service advisor to help me when i bring my car for service. it is great that he owns an 06 6spd tsx w/ nav like mine so he is excellant in showing me things-like the bluetooth and different things on the nav.
  • cdnpinheadcdnpinhead Forest Lakes, AZPosts: 3,237
    in the TSX, and it's been interesting reviewing the associated posts.

The car presently on the top of my list is the BMW 3 series, and yes, I've read the comparison board.

The thing I find most revealing is that none of the TSX fans seem very passionate about the car.

I'm an engineer, so I'm likely to pass on the really good car that I can exercise 10 days a year & sign up for the car that'll be equally pleasant on the daily commute & offer 90% of the bimmer on those rare road trips.

That said, the TSX boards appear to be deader than dead. My kids love Honda (& Acura, by association), & I'm willing to listen.

Sadly, few seem to be talking.
  • I'm not sure what exactly your post is about?? I'm a TSX owner and love the car. Also a previous BMW owner. Dollar for dollar, I think it's still the best car in the segment. An equivalently equipped A4, or BMW 323, 328, IS250 is approximately 5000-10000 more money. Road feel, handling, features and a very peppy motor it's a joy to drive. The absence of chatter may something to do with the anticipation of the 2009 TSX and TL. I'm extremely passionate about the car.
    i am the proud owner of a milano red/ebony 06 6speed tsx with nav, bought new 11/17/06, with almost 29,000 miles. for the price i think the tsx is equal to the bmw 3 series (IMO) Yes the bmw is excellant but I have to dish out more money. i am extremely happy with my car-we drove it 6,177 miles in May touring 20 states. comfortable, excellant gas mileage and more than enough power. we drove on all kinds of roads in all kinds of weather-great handling car. plan to tour more states next May in our tsx.
  • cdnpinheadcdnpinhead Forest Lakes, AZPosts: 3,237
    Appreciate the feedback. If I were to get one, it'd have exactly the colors you've picked, but no nav -- I have a great portable.

What kind of gas mileage did you get on your 20-state journey? Sounds like a great trip.

Thanks.
    for the whole trip we averaged 32.7 mpg. the best we got was almost 38 but we never went below 32. the only complaints are the lousy paint that chips easy and the foglights cracked. the dealer replaced them as a one-time good will thing. i now have rockblocker on them. alot of other owners have put clear bra's on their cars-too late 4 me. the tl is an excellant car but now only comes with automatic transmission. did not like the color choices either. extermely happy with my tsx. in may we are heading out west again-california-
This discussion has been closed.