Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Acura TSX 2008

Comments

• How has the tsx handled in the snow? Live in northeast and current passat front wheel performed poorly.

thanks
  • fedlawmanfedlawman Posts: 3,118
    Have you tried snow tires?
  • I found the TSX handles OK in the snow with the standard tires. The VSA light and anti-lock brakes would engage a lot on icy roads. I would have to put the car in SS mode and start in 2nd gear to help with traction and give myself plenty of time to stop with the OEM tires.

I've been a fwd honda/acura person since 1990 and it comes down to having the proper tires for honda/acura cars for snow and ice.
  • I've discussed this Ad nauseum on the TL post and I assume the TSX handles similarly to the TL. I had to trade in my TL for an MDX due to the poor snow performance. I even had 4 Blizzaks on the TL and it still wouldn't get up my hill. If you live in a hilly area, beware.
  • biker4biker4 Posts: 746
    That's why Acura will have SH-AWD on all it's vehicles to satisfy such a need.
  • nj2pa2ncnj2pa2nc Posts: 813
    i hope they offer one without AWD- not necessary where I live in north carolina. as a former resident of snowy hilly areas we owned FWD,RWD 4WD and AWD vehicles. to be honest with you the rwd volvo did the best. we made sure we had good tires-not necessarily snow tires. I think the worst thing is to stop when going up on a snowy hill. Just do not try to race the engine.
  • rv65rv65 Posts: 1,074
    Avaliable in both FWD and SH-AWD. i4 or v6 engines. Type-S I don't know. No turbo 4 like the RDX. Acura is being serious this time. The GPS is now being controlled by an idrive like knob. Same system as the 08 accord, MDX, RL, and RDX. Hard Drive for music is a possbility. Probably with navigation. Real time XM weather reporting like the new caddy CTS. Thats all I can say about the 09 TSX.
  • biker4biker4 Posts: 746
    Everything but the V6 sounds about right.
    Really. Even some acura LPL's can confirm the v6 supposedly.
    Production will start in March with late april/early may delivery.

http://satoauto.com/cblog/

Navigation will have to be ordered in a tech package. Expect bluetooth to be standard. Acura Link might have weather capabilities. XM now has that option. No word on powertrains.
  • fedlawmanfedlawman Posts: 3,118
    Oh! It says so on the internet so it must be true... :P
  • My Acura salesman told me on thursday that there will be a 4 cyl. and 6 cyl. version of the '09 TSX w/ the six getting SH-AWD. They'll be out in the spring.
  • Hey!? Keep that up and you could hurt my feelings ;) That is my page and everything there is a confirmed fact. We have ordered our cars for April delivery, in a few days we'll see what (if any) of our additional requests have been granted. We'll be getting 18 confirmed in our first batch.

I remember the excitement 5 years ago when we were waiting for the first generation TSX to arrive. Check out this video I made from 2003.

TSX at California Speedway
  • cdnpinheadcdnpinhead Forest Lakes, AZPosts: 3,206
    anyone on this board know about the possibility of a diesel TSX being introduced in North America next summer as an '09 model?

The Tsx is a pretty decent deal, but with a diesel, it's much better.
  • They have confirmed the TSX will be the first Acura to receive the new i-DTEC engine. It is slated for introduction in 2009, and will surely be a 2010 model.
    Looks like turbo will come after all.
  • A Turbo Diesel is confirmed, the gasoline turbo is still speculation.

Sorry, I just can’t wrap my brain around the idea of where the turbo 4 fits in with what we already know as confirmed and what we "know” of how Honda works. Here’s my train of thought:

-Fact: The ’09 TSX is arriving in April and will be available with a 5AT or a 6MT.
    -Fact: The i-DTEC engine will come to the TSX in 2009, probably as a 2010.
    -Fact: There is no current application of a 6MT and SH-AWD.
    -Fact: The K23 (turbo) in the RDX uses a transmission from the RL due to the torque output and it's use of SH-AWD
    -Fact: Acura has successfully put 256 lb.ft. (@5000) through the Type-S manual.

What if the car coming in two months has the turbo 4 as the base engine? Has Acura found a way to manage the torque for the auto and a new manual because these transmissions are already confirmed?

What if the car coming in two months has a V-6? It is certainly doable because Acura has already done this in both the ’08 Accord and current TL but does this make marketing sense? Would you start with a V-6 then bring out the diesel 4 and turbo 4?

The only thing that makes sense is that the initial TSX will have an evolution of the NA K24 that the current car has. This means they can continue to use the existing 5AT and 6MT transmissions. In one year, they release the new diesel with a heavy duty automatic transmission (probably from the V-6 cars).

By this time the new TL is out, and if it priced like many expect, they can release a V-6 to satisfy all the existing V-6 customers unwilling to move to the newer price point for the TL.
  • waltchanwaltchan Posts: 123
    Will the new 2009 Acura TSX continue to be built in Japan like before or have they moved to USA?
  • The TSX will continue to be built in Japan.
This discussion has been closed.