Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Toyota 4Runner

Comments

• mjohnr99mjohnr99 Posts: 193
    . . . sorry, impossible to get down there - the blank hit the fan today.

Anyway, sounds like some big improvements over 3rd Gen, but I was curious to learn whether there was anything that you did NOT like? What colors were they (only Galactic Gray?)? From your DM, is there any realistic chance of 2004 doing anything different? (I'm guessing that was not a big topic of conversation though! . . . ;> ) Maybe I could buy a used 3rd Gen for now and wait a bit . . . hmmmm.
  • I saw one too!
    Serious!
    I almost flew out of my car window when I saw it. I was southbound merging into the San Diego freeway from Santa Monica when I saw a beautiful blue 2003 Limited and the license plate said "797"!!! That's the one in the spy shots (was it going to Torrance?). I drove beside it and passed it up on the left. Hey, that Limited is beeeaaauuutiful up close. If I had that cash to spend, it would definitely be a nice gift to myself (if it had a scoop and non-leather seats, that is). I wonder if they'll have any at the Long Beach auto show next week?
  • tidestertidester Posts: 10,109
    There needs to be a seperate and EXCLUSIVE 2003 4Runner forum.

I don't see a need for one since '03 discussions are obviously of interest to existing 4Runner owners. What does everyone else think?

tidester
    Host
    SUVs; Aftermarket & Accessories
    ditto. keep it all here.
  • cliffy1cliffy1 Posts: 3,581
    About the only thing I didn't like was that the back seat passenger can't get his feet under the front seat and the 5000# tow capacity. I don't understand that one.

Oh... news flash! The V6 will require 91 octane gas but the V8 only requires 87.
    That's part of the Future Vehicles discussion which, of course, everyone is invited to participate in. We were talking about the SUVs board here.

tidester
    Host
  • mrwhipplemrwhipple Posts: 378
    I agree, we should keep everything on this board. Who wants to keep shuffling around to different boards for the 4Runner? Nuts.
    Looking forward to your test drive review. You must be foaming instead of drooling at the mouth by now.

More sugar please!
  • And tidester if its part of the future vehicles forum then why is the link ot it named "4runner-2003?

Im talking about a 2003 4runner SPECIFIC board. Others like me post stuff for previous year 4runners and theyre lost in all the of 2003 posts.

If
    And tidester if its part of the future vehicles forum then why is the link ot it named "4runner-2003?

For the same reason this discussion is called "Toyota 4Runner" in the SUV Forum! :-)

tidester
    Host
  • intmed99intmed99 Posts: 485
    Are you interested in my '02 4Runner? :) Hehehe, this will be my down payment for the '03! :) j/k
  • Mrwhipple, LOL! I had better not have any Dr. Pepper tomorrow, or I'm likely to explode! ;o)

While I got to see the 12 new 4Runners at the sales seminar at the Sky Harbor Marriott in Phoenix, I didn't get to drive one. But I will tomorrow! My Toyota sales guy called again today to tell me they'll be getting 2; one to sell and one for demos. I'll be back here to share my feedback soon after!

–TB
  • cliffy1cliffy1 Posts: 3,581
    I'm off tomorrow. I really hope we don't sell ours before I come back on Friday afternoon. Oh well... my Tundra lease isn't up for another month anyway.
  • Then why is that one of the forums specifies a specific year and the other forum doenst? and how can they be the same then?

You totally lost me on your response.
    Does anyone know a dealer that will have one this week at in the LA area? Every dealer I talked to had no idea and said it would more than likely bbe next week some time.
    Too much sugar today!
  • intmed99intmed99 Posts: 485
    Those are pretty good prices!!! Wow! Toyota is feeling generous these days! Those MSRPs are not that much different from the '02 models.

Excellent.
  • sbell4sbell4 Posts: 446
    I just saw where the prices are released to the public tomorrow so we will use very close round numbers instead of the exact figures. Let me rephrase my post in a general term:

SR5 2WD AROUND 28000
    SR5 4WD AROUND 30300

SPORT 2WD AROUND 30000
    SPORT 4WD AROUND 32100

LIMITED 2WD AROUND 34200
    LIMITED 4WD AROUND 36500

I'm just trying to keep everyone happy.
  • steverstever Viva Las CrucesPosts: 41,246
    lol, Sbell4, did someone send you an email (none of us here at Edmunds did, afaik!).

It'll certainly be nice when the press embargo ends on this puppy.

Steve
    Host
    SUVs, Vans and Aftermarket & Accessories Message Boards

Minivan fan. Feel free to message or email me - stever@edmunds.com.

No one sent me an email and I know it isn't a big deal and everyone is sick and tired of the secreacy BUT a few more hours isn't going to hurt anyone.

I simply saw the prices and posted and then read the price announcement.

I am fortunate enough to be able to go and do a lot of things that Toyota pays for so I would never want to do anything that was wrong or unethical. No big deal.
  • whoa.
    are you sure those aren't invoice numbers?,
    are these actual, or estimated, or even US models?

I know suddenly a few minds, after reading your post are now maybe changing their outlook to buying a limited. hmm kinda suspect tho'
    Just kidding.

Those are close estimates of retail without any options.
  • LOL..yeah we'll see the actual sticker figures MSRP soon.
    - Texas is a long way . . . but I guess now my Plan C! ;>

Nothing posted here has changed my crumbled Plan A, I have not been able to rationalize the cognitive dissonance I still feel about the fact that everything is pretty much as we predicted based on spy shots months ago. I may have to move on with Plan B with world_traveler . . . I like the idea of having some money to invest in the down market (as they say, buy LOW and we are LOW!)

. . . but I'm working on secret Plan X to see whether Toyota will cut me one of those insider $35.5K deals on a loaded Limited if I am interviewed by Newsweek Mag and give the "right" interview . . . . [Toyota, you listening????] :>>>>!!!
    Then why is that one of the forums specifies a specific year and the other forum doenst?

I don't know what's complicated about it. When the '03 4Runner discussion was set up in Future Vehicles the '03 was still in the future - which now happens to be only a few days off. The person who creates the discussion (anyone can do this) specifies the title.

If there is enough demand, we can set up an '03 specific discussion here in SUVs.

tidester
    Host
  • I have plan B all set. I'm just waiting on a 034Runner test drive before executing. I'm sure I'll like the interior and ride but not the price vs (exterior and features).

I've done some calculations and I still can't afford a Limited if I want to be reasonnable. I would be putting way too much money on cars.

Now its a question of if I can live with a sports. From the pictures is a big "NO". I'll have to see in person for a final call.

I just don't know when the trucks will appear at Canadian dealers......
  • nippononlynippononly SF Bay AreaPosts: 12,693
    how long it will be (if ever) before there will be any '03s around with no options or packages? I do believe this MSRP base pricing is right on the money, but I bet there will not be a single one out there without several thousand $$ worth of add-on stuff. It is just Toyota's way...

2013 Civic SI, 2009 Outback Sport 5-spd (stick)

• peter78peter78 Posts: 284
    Today, "ciffly1" wrote "2. It is now confirmed that Toyota is using a new measurement system for cargo volume. If the same standards were used on the 3rd generation as they do on the 4th, you would find that the new one has about 5 cubic feet MORE cargo volume."

Confirmed by who? If Toyota admits this I would think 1/2 million 4Runner owners may be mildly ticked off. Toyota will have to write letters to all the owners about there miss-measurement, kind of like Hyundai. Think of it Cliffy could be starting the next Toyota "sludge" like fiasco. Edmunds will have to start another Forum strictly for the "great measurement problem" or on the other hand it could just be a statement of a person trying to justify the 2003 4Runners. So which one is it?

http://www.car-data.com/xpage.news/news.template.asp?article=hyundai.announces.hp.rating.errors.txt

• My dealer confirmed that he ordered his first few batches of new 4Runner fully loaded. The first few buyers of a new model are impulsive buyers with lots of money that do not worry for the additional costs as long as they have the new car in town first.

I guess you will be able to get a base model on order and be ready to wait over 3 month for it.