Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Toyota 4Runner

Comments

• JPhamJPham Posts: 148
    Naw, I like it that Toyota seemingly has an SUV to fit your needs. Think of it as XS, S, M, L, and XL ... not everyone fits a S-M-L.

JP
  • pondmanpondman Posts: 3
    Rattler96,
    Go to post# 1540 and you can see the spy shot of of it being test driven in the snow. It is heavily disguised, front and sides. That is all I've seen so far on it.

Lok888,
    I heard it will be released this fall.
  • cliffy1cliffy1 Posts: 3,581
    I just spoke to my District manager and he confirmed a September delivery of the new Runner. He also confirmed that there will be two engines available. One is the 4.7 V8 and the other is a 4.0 V6. Yes, I know 4.0 is different than what I had posted before and it is possible he is wrong. I had heard that the new V6 would be a 3.8.

He also told me that there are no plans for a 3rd row seat, which is contradictory to what I had heard before. He did tell me it is on the same platform as the RX470 but would look different. The Lexus version will have a 3rd row seat.
  • mrwhipplemrwhipple Posts: 378
    Does your district manager have any HP & Torque figures on the new V6?
  • raybearraybear Posts: 1,776
    September? According to Buzz, they've been in stock for a month!
  • zman3zman3 Posts: 857
    Did you ever find out if Buzz was your buddy jerking your chain?
    No, my friend never would fess up. I still don't know for sure that it was him, but I still suspect it.

As for HP rating, no, he didn't tell me and I didn't think to ask. I would actually be surprised if he would know that at this point.
  • bigorange30bigorange30 Posts: 1,091
    I wonder what he thinks about the fact that the new 4Runners are not here yet.
  • peter78peter78 Posts: 284
    Buzzlight is giving his two cents worth on the Nissan Murano Board here at Edmunds. Here is a copy of one his posts:

"82of 108 My Impression by buzzlight May 03, 2002 (05:24 pm)
    In person, this thing looked really small, to me. It seemed low to the ground and the roofline also appeared to be low. It reminded me of the old Gremlin."
  • seanreidseanreid Posts: 152
    Is there any word yet as to whether or not the 2003 will keep the electric rear window? Any word about headroom?

Thanks,

Sean
  • steveb84steveb84 Posts: 187
    I was at a meeting yesterday on the new 4Runner.

Three trim levels: SR5, Sport, Limited

V6 - 245 hp & 283 ft/lbs torque

V8 - 232 hp & 320 ft/lbs torque

All will have 5 speed transmission

V6 will be multi-mode 4WD, V8 permanent system (similar to Land Cruiser)

First 3 months of production will be only V8.

National launch date: October 15th
  • zman3zman3 Posts: 857
    Steve:

Is Cliffy correct on the lack of a third row seat?

Is the multi-mode 4WD the current system in the 4Runner? I am not familiar with that specific term.

National launch date. Is that when dealers can expect them on their lots, or what is the significance of that date?

Thanks for any additional information.
    The term "multi-mode 4WD" means selectable Active-Trac. It is the same thing we have now.

As for launch dates, the "National Launch" is the beginning of the advertising programs. We normally get the cars a month prior to the official launch.
    Cliffy beat me to the multi-mode question.

Correct, there will be no 3rd seat.

New Colors:
    Titanium Metallic
    Galactic Gray
    Impulse Red Pearl
    Pacific Blue Mica
    Stratsophere Mica
    Blizzard White Pearl
  • peter78peter78 Posts: 284
    What kind of color is "Stratsophere"? Maybe light blue?

-------------------------
    One comment on the engines, both the V6 and V8 sound really nice. I wouldn't mind having either one.
    -------------------------
    We currently ahve this color on the Sienna. It is a dark blue.
    Stratosphere Mica (8Q0) is a dark blue, currently on the Camry and Sienna. I think it will look sharp on the 4Runner. I'd imagine that the Pacific Blue will be a lighter blue.
  • mrwhipplemrwhipple Posts: 378
    How bizarre that the V6 would have more HP than the V8. The torque figures on both are nice though.
  • flyfish4lifeflyfish4life Posts: 103
    Hey Steve - Was the price range mentioned in the meeting?
  • seanreidseanreid Posts: 152
    Thanks for the info. on the 2003 models. Do you know if the power rear window will remain and whether or not the new model has more headroom than the 2002? Much appreciated.

Sean