Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chevy S10 - GMC S15 and Sonoma Starting problems

Comments

• check your lock cylinder. i had replaced a numerous of parts on mine, and it turned out to be a lock cylinder. turn your key half way just till the dash lights come on. then turn your key just enough so the engine engages. hope this helps.
  • I've had an 01 xtreme w/4.3 vortec for 2 days and it left me on the side of the road on the first. Ran fine then it died doing 50mph. Did not restart until next morning. Already changed coil and ignition module. Seem to have good fuel pressure. Checked all the relays and fuses, they test ok. Any help is greatly appreciated.
  • hi i got some problem here my truck was park for a wild and it didt start so i check the battery it was done so i change it still didt work it was missing gas so i put some its start it then couple days after i went to started again and now its not working is it the sensor, the plug, humidity... pump.. the motor turn but don't start i need to fix it soon before the snow need info thanks
  • tomygtomyg Posts: 13
    Sounds like the fuel pump to me.Put a pressure gage on the fuel line and try to start it.It should read 50 to 65 lbs of pressure.If that checks ok change the fuel filter.If it still wont start,I would use a timing light to make sure it hasnt jumped out of time.Good luck.
    pressure gage should read 50 to 65 lbs.30 lbs isn'nt enough.If that checks ok i would have an obd scanner hooked up to it to pin point the problem.
  • yeah ok replaced the starter drive it 3 times everythings good. park it in the drive for about a hour or so come back out to drive it wont start AGAIN! starter is fine its cranking but i dont notice the fuel pump sound that i always did now why does that have to go on top of the starter is it maybe something else and not the pump please fill me in!!
  • Watching this forum is almost as frustrating as trying to fix my S10 was. See message #133 those of you who are changing everything and still having your mystery problems. Most sound like a lot of what I was experiencing. It seems to me that rigging one simple jumper wire to check is cheap and easy, even if you have to look somewhere else for your year's feed to the computer. But nobody seems to have written about trying it -- worked for me is all I can say. My truck is still going strong ... all mysteries have disappeared. Maybe nobody writes about successes, maybe this hasn't worked for anyone else. Good luck.
  • gonogogonogo Posts: 869
    All you needed to do was remove the wire off the starter and clean and reinstall.
  • I have a 1993 2.8L V6 S-10. This is a 2wd truck with 172000 on it and no problems till now. The problem I have is when I first crank it in the morning it idles like it has a huge cam in it. After the truck warms up it idles high for about the first 30 min of the trip then returns to regular idle with no other problems. I have read the check engine light code and it says "EGR Failure". The EGR has been removed cleaned and the bellow check for correct operation. Plugs, plug wires, distributor cap, rotor button and throttle postioning sensor have been replaced with it the last 4 months.
    Any help or comments on this would be greatly appreciated.... :confuse:
  • It won't start w/out a lot of pumping and retries. It seems like something is not telling it to inject fuel for starting. It is not flooding. Once it starts, its fine for the rest of the day until starting the first time the next day. It's a 2002 s10 v6, and a honey otherwise.
  • I am prety sure that i have the same problem with a conction going to computer my qustion is where do i find the computer feed to hook the jumper to ,,i have a 94 s10 any info will help thanks
  • hi i have a 96 s-10 that i have done everything i can think of to try to get it running. it will crank but wont fire. i have new injectors, fuel pump, fuel regulator, crank sensor, cap, rotor, wires, plugs, coil, nothing seems to be wrong i even took it to chevy dealer and thet told me it had bad gas so i cleaned that tank and put new gas in it and still it wont run they also told me that all my sensors where good. i have no idea what it could be and i really need help i have beeen working on it for a long time oh and it have good compression at 160psi any help would be nice thanks adam
  • but mine eventually fires. I think it has a bad sensor, but haven't gotten around to changing them. If your engine is computer driven, I think that's where you're heading eventually.
  • Check spark and fuel flow by pulling a plug and an injector. If you have both, I would check all the sensor leads to make sure they're properly connected.
    You haven't mentioned the timeing belt.The truck is 12 years old.I would look at that.No matter what your sensors read.
  • having quirky problem as follows: 2.2 liter 4 will start and run normally at times...on other occassions will not start and all guage needles drop to zero at the same time....changed out head gasket about 6 weeks ago and runs cool when running....suspect electrical grounging problem....YOUR THOUGHTS?
    thank you very much for your time.....
  • gonogogonogo Posts: 869
    Check connections for battery. At the battery, at the starter and the battery ground to engine.
  • 86 Gmc s-15 2.8l 6 cyl 4x4

Hi everyone, any help you could offer would be more than greatly appreciated. I bought this truck over a month ago, so i am not super framiler with it yet, anyway it drove fine for the first 3 weeks of coarse, then one morning i went to the truck drove about 8 blocks could heard some squelling(which would happen for 20-30sec when truck started) the truck started to kick/jump as if it was running outta fuel, i put the accelerator down to keep it from stalling out, pulled over, it idled fine looked under the hood, nothing obviously out of the ordinary got back in when i tried to change from 1st to second again i lost power and had to hammer down the accelrator trying to get home drove sorta normal for about 8 blocks heading back, then started dying again and finally stalled out a block from home. After that could not start truck at all, engine just turns with no start, not even any kicking or combustion. Had a weak spark so replaced the wires coil, disct cap and rotor and plugs, so i have good spark to all 6 cylinders tested out good, there is fuel coming out of the tbi unit, i can hear the fuel pump start and i replaced the pump relay to make sure that was not of issue, i have not been able to start car with starting fluid or pouring gas in...running outta ideas here...if you have a suspesion or something i should check please let me know! Thanks alot!
    -Chris
  • try to start car then a quick flame shoots up from where the fuel injectors are and flames dies out
  • almost forgot,1991,s-10,blazer,4.3