Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Jeep Wrangler

Comments

• tsjaytsjay Posts: 4,591
    I looked up the value of the Jeep you described in the used car section here in Edmunds, and it came out $18,383 dealer retail. That's including air conditioning, which you didn't mention as one of the options.

You can look it up for yourself with the proper options included.

The dealer's price is way high, especially if the Jeep does not have air conditioning.

I love Silverstone Jeeps! That was a very, very close second choice to the white that I ended up getting.

Good luck.

tsjay

Have you hugged your Jeep today?
  • saharanutsaharanut Posts: 134
    hello welcome to the board!!

19,900 is WAY to high to me...

I agree with you I would start with 17,900 first then go up.

Did you check out what edmunds has listed?

how many miles were on it?

again welcome to the board. Keep us posted

Snut aka BamaTazz

Got Jeep?

http://wwwitsajeep.org/public/tazz.htm

• It's more like I have settled, but it is something I can live with. We agreed on $350 over invoice.....

for those who care, here are the details...
    He was ready to tell me to walk. I was at $300 over invoice, and pretty adamant about it. He was not budging at $500. I told him there was no way I was paying $500 over. Then I threw out $350. That raised his eyebrow. I said that is as high as I go. He took the usual salesman's walk over to his manager and came back and said Ok.

What a pain in the butt!! You guys should come up here to NY and try getting 100-200 over invoice. Not that I don't think any of you can, but I would sure like to witness it.

So I'm buying a sport!!! Should take delivery on Saturday or Monday.

I guess I'll need a new handle for edmunds.

Anyone interested in buying a red 97 cherokee, 5spd, in excellent condition?

Oh yea, I took the 1.9 % financing.

notop1: that website is something. Are those prices are for real?

Here are the jeep details:

sport w/25D package
    30" wheel group (you all know it includes Dana 44 w/3.73)
    CD w/subwoofer
    Tow hooks and fog lamps
    storage trunk
    side steps
    AC
    Full doors
    Forest green w/camel interior and top

Does not have:
    hard top (yes!!)
    tracloc (will install detroit truetrac before winter)
    speed control (too crowded here in the northeast anyway)

Thanks everyone......
  • The salesman says to me, after we agreed on a price, that I got away with murder today and that family gets at best $500 over. I just shook my head. Tough crowd......
  • Don't you guys think that DC should drop the rest of there American line and sell nothing but wranglers. The profit they are making on these things is out of control. Think about, $22,000 ($21,730 in my case) for a vehicle that doesn't have much to it. No sound deadening material, barely a carpet (well not a very good one), not much sheet metal, hardly any glass w/soft top only, not much in the way of technology.....

now relax everyone. I am not trashing TJ's. I love these things. It has been 10 years since I had one. Just trying to make a point.

Does anyone know how much it actually costs DC to build one of these things?
    CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!

I'm PROUD of you! Who care about a measley $150 more than a lot of us paid? SO WHAT? BIG DEAL!

The most important thing is that you have your Jeep! Nothing else matters!

Good for you!

Now get some pics posted, please! She sounds like a beauty.

I am truly happy for you. Good luck with that baby.

tsjay

• saharagalsaharagal Posts: 88
    I think you did just fine! Can't wait to hear all the details about your drive home.

I'll be here in Hotlanta waiting for my Sahara to arrive. Hey, maybe I should change my name to Waitin4Sahara! Everyone's getting a Jeep but me!

By the way, now DC's saying mine should ship out on June 29th!

Have fun!
    Maybe this will make you feel better about the high price that they charge for Jeeps. It made me understand a little better when someone explained it to me this way.

Jeeps are produced on a small scale, so they have to have a higher profit per vehicle. If they were mass produced and every other vehicle you meet on the road was a Jeep, they could be priced lower. Personally, I am glad that Jeeps are kind of rare and that you don't see all that many on the road as compared to other vehicles. It's worth the higher price to me to have something "special."

Once again, my good friend, congratulations!

tsjay

• jamey22jamey22 Posts: 3
    Thanks, Tsjay.

I had looked up the prices, but between Edmunds, Kelly Blue Book, and Carpoint, I had about a $1,500 spread in prices. I just needed a little validation that if I could get the guy down to $18,250 or $18,500 that I wouldn't be getting taken. It does have AC, and that was a monumental oversight on my part not to list it. I mean, top down will be nice here in SE Georgia, but AC is a necessity.

The only quirk I noticed when I test drove it today was that it had a sudden pull to the left or right in straight travel. There was no wind (that would provide too much relief to those of us suffering under the heat and humidity), so I know that it wasn't being blown around. I will check the air pressure in the tires tomorrow. When I had the Flintstone tires changed on my 99 Silverado, I had the same sensation. I lowered the air pressure from 45 to 36 and the handling improved 100%.

Thanks again for the support. We'll see what the dealer says tomorrow, and then we'll see what the Boss (read that as the Wife) says.

jamey22
  • twylietwylie Posts: 619
    Conggratulations. It sounds like an awesome Jeep and if it's been 10 years since you last had one, you'll be shaking your head for a while at how great the new ones are.

Be sure to let us know how the Detroit diff is in the snow. I've read that a true locker can be a handful in the snow, especially in off camber situations, but I haven't seen anyone on the other Jeep boards say they don't like their Detroits.

Once again, welcome to the club, and think, a couple hundred more than others have paid is just a handful of fillups! As tsjay said, who cares about a few lousy bucks now that you're getting your Jeep!

-twylie
    One more thing....

If I were you, I would definitely want to talk to the previous owner of that Jeep before I bought it.

That's just a good policy for the purchase of any used vehicle. You have to wonder why someone would trade in such a new Jeep? It's possible that the Jeep was fine but just turned out not to be the right type of vehicle for its previous owner. It's also possible that it was a lemon.

You will have warranty protection going for you, but you still might avoid a major headache by checking with the previous owner before buying.

And, you're welcome. Always glad to help a fellow Jeep lover.

tsjay

• jacknimblejacknimble Posts: 171
    12 months after selling my 97 Sahara, I finally am getting another. For those interested in the sorted details: 2001 Sahara, auto, white, dual tops, dana 44, canyon wheels, cruise, trunk thing. MSRP is 26150, buying at invoice and taking the low financing. (Lookin4Sahara is right - DC is making a killing on these things. I read about 4-5 years ago that the Wrangler was grossing a $9000 profit on each one!)

Immediately adding power windows and wet okole seat covers to it. If anyone knows anything about adding power locks and keyless entry let me know.

By the way, the $500/low APR has been extended to July 31st.

Should be here sometime in the next 3 weeks or so.

Finally!
  • no_loadno_load Posts: 4
    Jeep newbie here. What is a Tazz?
  • What are those? Where can I see a good sized picture of them?
  • notop1notop1 Posts: 14
    Just curious... I purchased the 30 inch wheel group with my new 60AE.. the book says that the Dana comes with it.. but the brochure also seems to indicate that when you get it with automatic, the Dana does not come with it... anyone know?
    Congratualtions!!

I belive you got a good deal...you will make up the difference in your 1.9%..thats a great rate!

Sounds like you got a beauty there...need to get some pics posted for us!!

Congrats to you too Jackbnimble!!

WOW!! we are growing like a wild fire!!

look at all those new jeeps!

NO Load.. Tazz (Tasmanian Devil) is the name of my jeep..

Its a jeeps owners must,.. to name your jeep.

Tsjay's is Thelma Jana

Tonka Dave's is Tonka Jeep

GOT JEEP?

Snut aka BamaTazz

http://www.itsajeep.org/public/tazz.htm

the Dana 44 is an option...I belive is comes with dana 35..if your not doing any serious off-roading
    dana 44 is over kill..

Got Jeep?
    Snut
  • saharagalsaharagal Posts: 88
    If anyone has details about the power options being added aftermarket, please post. I'm wondering how reliable they are and how expensive it is to have it done? Anyone know?

Thanks!

Laura
  • I thought ALL Jeeps had "keyless entry"!!!

Windows? What are windows?
  • ".... It has full
    hard doors and dual tops, plus these little bar thingies like a gate for when the doors are off (with mirror attachment points)which I would sell if I got it. Can you have soft doors with hard top? I really dislike those full doors."

Yet, after driving the black 97 described earlier, I am not so sure I liked the half doors either. (It was hot out, but the top was up due to severe lightning storm imminent any minute, yet I REALLY wanted to test drive it!) Also, the front driver tire made a thwapping sound like it might be cupped or something. Something to worry about? I couldn't see any visible cupping, and would replace tires maybe in August anyhow, but don't want to replace again in December if you know what I mean.