Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Jeep Wrangler

Comments

• Didn't someone have a web site which told how Jeep safety improved over the years?

I would like to print this out to give to the mother in law who is a little skeptical. Father in law knew a guy in the service (in the early 50's?) in Germany who tipped over and died in one. The first thing people ask is "You got a Jeep Jeep? Don't those tip over?"

I want to tell them that there have been X new models/generations since then, with XYZ improvements.

Thanks in advance.

Also, what is the metric equivalent of 31X10.50R15? Is there a 31" tall, 15" rim tire with 8-9" tread width (instead of 10.5)? (Think of the original Jeep, or LandRover with 7.50X16.)

Thanks in advance.
  • tsjaytsjay Posts: 4,591
    Hey, Al! Sorry, but no pics yet of Thelma with the 31's. I don't have a digi camera and just use a 35 mm. I have taken some pics, but I have to take the rest of the frames on the roll and then send the film off. It will be a couple weeks I guess.

Here's the link to Thelma's page anyway. I think I might have added a couple pics and a little text since you were there, if it has been longer than a couple months.

http://www.members.aol.com/tjoh298765/thelma.html

c ya

tsjay

Have you hugged your Jeep today?

• I have seen two white Jeep Wrangler Sports with white hardtops. As far as I know, you can only order them with a black hardtop. Does anybody know if you can order a white hardtop? How about a white soft top? Just curious, I'm probably still a year away from ordering my Jeep.

Thanks in advance,
    ford12pass
  • kwilson4kwilson4 Posts: 21
    It may be an after market top. I believe there are a couple of Jeep top manufacturers out there.
  • jeepboy727jeepboy727 Posts: 14
    Terry, I am looking at a 60AE and was wanting to know what kind of deal you got. The MSRP on this one is 25240 and they told me they would sell it for 23347. I would like to know what you got yours for before taxes. I searched the previous post and couldn't find if you have already posted this or not. If you don't feel comfortable posting it you can email me at jeepboy@itsajeep.org Thanks

Dan
  • bamatazzbamatazz Posts: 311
    2001 60th Aniversary edition Wrangler

MSRP $24875 Invoice $22,966

I got mine for $23,161 $195 over invoice

Black Dual Tops

Automatic

Deep Tint

cruise control

60th anniversary package

You need to find out what the invoice is on the one you are looking at..Sounds like that one might have Bodyside steps too..

They also have an 60th Anniversary Extreme Edition out. It has the Chrome bumpers and Nerf bars looks Great. This is a Dealer Installed option.

Well guys I finally got my Alabama state tag.

Since I didnt pay Sales tax when I bought it..I had to Fork over $810.00. Doing it this way I didnt have to finance the sales tax too..

I will have to renew my tag in Sept, it will be $270.00.

I need a second job.!!

JACROB..sorry I stole you name...hey..you can have taz i'll keep mine TAZZ..

Got Jeep?

BamaTazz

http://www.itsajeep.org/tazz.htm

• jthurlowjthurlow Posts: 21
    When I ordered my '99 Sport in April '99, hardtops were available in black, tan, or white. From reviewing catalogs since then, the white hardtop has been dropped.

J. Thurlow
  • saenzskisaenzski Posts: 50
    I had a bobbing head dog on my dash for month, and the day I took my doors off it dissapeared. It was stolen or my doggie made a jump for it.

Glad everything is okay.
  • jacorobjacorob Posts: 37
    Yes, you heard it write! Innocence was broken last night and it only took 9 months after getting my jeep! My jeep was broken in to last night/this morning at my apt complex by some jerk. I was lucky though. They didn't steal my bowling balls (cost 100+ apiece), tennis racket, bike helmet, jumpers, fire extinguisher, etc. They emptied out my center console all over the driver's seat (i had a ton of junk paper in there - though some had my credit card # on it). All that i'm sure they stole was the little change drawer next to the cig lighter w/ about $5 in change. They literally stole the change drawer and the change in it. They may have gotten a checkbook from my center console too - though unfortunately i havn't been very organized about that - changing my ways now...

I didn't have doors locked cause it's just as easy to open the door by unzipping the window (i have soft uppers) and i don't want them to cut my window. I've heard other jeepers say people have done this to them.

So all in all - i'm happy they only took what they did. I left a lot more in it last night then i usually do. However, i'll never do that again - leave anything in her - well cept jumpers and extinguisher.

But good luck to all of ya. Hope your jeep's innocence lasts a lot longer then mine did!

Bob

Note: this is a repost due to my inappropriate description of the thief. :)
  • jacorobjacorob Posts: 37
    Nice looking jeep. Though i think some vandals got to yur license plate - from the looks of it U of Michigan fans. ;)

Bob

PS - i'm a wolverine. hehe
  • nkelly1nkelly1 Posts: 105
    I had a few things to do last night, before the sun went down. I was talking to a guy at a ORV store in Tacoma today. He told me that when DC bought out Chrysler, there was a clause in the deal that they couldn't lay a hand on the wrangler. Anyone hear about this? He went on the say that they had build a plant in Ohio specially for the wrangler and the liberty is what DC is offering……. good news if its true.

Any how I have been contemplating the "real" jeep question and have come up with my own ideas….. nothing solid yet, I will post them in a while.
  • dwranglerdwrangler Posts: 127
    Just wondering. I fell asleep watching the cardinal game....and brother did it get bad. Nice pictures of the jeep. Those pictures keep me going. Hope to see you all there tonight.

Hug your Jeeps for me today :-)

dwrangler
  • ottowrkrottowrkr Posts: 778
    Don't believe it . Like the Chrysler is going to put a clause in about the Wrangler , a low volume vehicle . But forget about the GC , Minivans and LH cars, all high volume money makers . Don't think so.
    The built a new plant for the Liberty was because the Toledo Parkway plant( it built Cherokee and still makes Wrangler bodies) was one, if not the oldest assembly plant in the U.S . So building a new state of the art product needs a high tech plant.FYI- Did you also know that Wrangler bodies are still built in the old Parkway plant, painted then trucked on a semi trailer to the Stickney plant were the bodies are unloaded and built up.
    Man, I am so glad you are posting again! You are a great source of info for all of us.

Why don't you really fill us in on the process of building a Jeep (Wrangler, that is)?

Could you post some links to info on the whole process? I think we would all enjoy learning more about how our babies are built.

Tell us what happens from the day our order is accepted until our Jeep rolls off the line.

You said you used to build them, right? (When they were made in Canada)

Is there some nice long article somewhere that describes the whole process? If not, could you take the time to write up something and post it?

You da man!

tsjay

Your Jeep didn't make it in time for the weekend, huh? That would have been pushing it, I guess.

I am anxiously awaiting your post announcing that you have that Jeep.

Hope it won't be more than a couple days now.

tsjay

• madman390madman390 Posts: 72
    I posted a couple of pics in the picture section, both here and at Gill's.

I've seen a few American-made cars here, but not very many. I guess that makes this Wrangler stick out even more. I also got some pics of a really nice Cherokee, but I haven't posted those yet.

I've got 2 more weeks here in Japan, and a little longer than that till I get to pick up my Jeep. I can't wait.

Hope everybody had a good 4th, and amid all the parades, fireworks, and beer, had a second or two to think about what it really is all about. The freedom to choose the most impractical, gas-guzzling, non-conformist, fun-to-drive vehicle ever built!

Madman
  • saharagalsaharagal Posts: 88
    Thanks for asking Tsjay. The sales manager hasn't been able to find out exactly where it is at this point, but on Friday the Norfolk Southern web site said that the railcar had been emptied.

I'll talk to the dealer again today. It just might get here this weekend! Maybe today, for all I know. I already told them to take their time prepping it! I'm going to take my checklist from Twylie with me to the dealership.

I'll definitely keep you posted!

Laura
  • madman390madman390 Posts: 72
    Laura: Hope you are able to pick up your Jeep soon. Let us know how the checklist goes for you. I "acquired" it from several other websites and tried to modify it to fit Jeeps (with some inputs from members of this board). But not having picked up mine yet, I am not able to cofidently edit that checklist.

So if you do use it, let us know how it applied, and what should be added or removed.

Good luck!

Madman
  • jeepboy727jeepboy727 Posts: 14
    Whats this about a checklist? Any info would be appreciated.

JeepBoy