Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Jeep Wrangler

Comments

• tsjaytsjay Posts: 4,591
    Just got a call form Oceantoad, and his dad is doing a lot better. I told him that I had posted and asked all of you to keep his dad in your prayers, and Toad said to tell you that "it's working." :)

Toady is going to stop by my house tomorrow night on his way back to Texas. It's gonna be fun to meet that old rascal, and he will get to meet Thelma Jane and Ross Allen. Too bad he won't be in his Jeep. :(

Tom

Have you hugged your Jeep today?
  • tluketluke Posts: 52
    thebigkuhuna, You are in the area! My brother has a place in Avalon. We left Ocean City in the AM and went over the ferry to Cape May and on to Avalon. We did not have a chance to dine in Cape May. I only stopped to see my brother briefly and then continued toward home which is a 10 hour drive. When we were in ocean city we visited a place called Assateague Island. You may know but they have wild horses all over the island roaming around and on the beaches with the people. Very strange. Also on the island they have beach off road trails where you can drive after obtaining a $5.00 permit. They have a place where you exit so you can air up. They won't issue a permit if you don't have the right equipment, whatever that is. I drove my car on vacation so it was a moot point. I have to say that I never saw so many topless Jeeps as I did in the area. If I go back next year maybe I can talk the wife into taking the new yet unborn Jeep.
  • anonymous02anonymous02 Posts: 1,538
    I've been to Assateague and Chinkoteague (sp?).

They are pretty cool.

$5 for offroad pass? I think it is like $75 for the Cape Cod national seashore!!!!!!! (which I still might do in a few weeks!!!)
    I was talking about the one where the J E E P letters are like a flag.

look a few posts down on here:

http://jeepsunlimited.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=233222&highlight=flag+sticker

• I have a MUL-T-LOCK car transmission lock on my 98 manual. The previous owner had it installed, I have no idea where he got it. It locks my transmission in reverse with an "U" shaped bolt that attaches to a keyed fitting that bolts to the floor through a slit cut in the console. It is very sturdy with a lock that is supposedly impossible to pick. A quick search on the web didn't yield many results, but a picture of a lock on an automatic tranny is located at:

http://e-spec.co.za/html/Products/337/337_5.htm

I have no idea what it costs. I do know with the MUL-T-LOCK and the removable faceplate on my stereo, I never worry about leaving it outside. (I don't lock my console or glovebox and I use my hide a trunk)

These locks were used alot in Europe when I lived there. My insurance agent said no discount available for a passive theft deterrent, but I know it would stop anyone from trying to drive away with it.

Regards

98 Black Sahara

The Toad Man made it my house, and we had a good visit. Poor guy sure has a lot of miles ahead of him.

It was sure good to meet another one of my Jeep buddies, but he wasn't driving his Jeep for this trip, so I didn't get to see that sienna beauty.

Have a safe trip home, old Toady!

Tom

Larry made it back from his Colorado trip. He needs to make a nice long post and tell us all about it, don't you guys think? Come on, Lar!

I'm talking about larry18, but we have some new folks in here that probably don't know Lar. He is someone who used to post in here fairly regularly but got lazy on us. Come on, now Larry, we need your input into this group again.

Tom

I hereby nominate Tom (tsjay)!
  • yellowmanyellowman Posts: 209
    I think we mentioned this awhile back, but let me re-state my wholehearted nomination of TSJAY also! If not mayor, then DEFINITELY as the Official Worldwide Ambassador of Jeep-dom. :-)

yellowman
    Hey, if we had such a thing as a mayor, and if you guys wanted me to be your mayor, then I would be proud to be your mayor. :)

Thanks for being so kind in "nominating" me. If the qualifications for the job were to love Jeeps and to love the folks here in this group, then I certainly would meet the qualifications, huh?

If I don't get off the net here at work, I may need that job as mayor. Oh yeah, what does it pay? :)

Tom

• bamatazzbamatazz Posts: 311
    I agree too..Tom for president..WISE choice..
    Guys looks like my Jeep Show next April is gonna be a reality.. Gotta talk to the city now.
    IM then..im gonna get started on it.
    Hopfully some of you guys that are close by can make the trip to BAMA.
    Topless & doorless today.. WHEW hot one today

KEEP JEEPIN
    BAMA
  • madman390madman390 Posts: 72
    tsjay -- came across this on another board and thought you might be interested....

http://bbb.quadratec.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=28;t=004012

Sorry I haven't been around here much, been working nights for the last few months and my schedule is pretty hectic. Gotta take the rest whenever I can get it.

madman

THANK YOU! I have posted a reply and told the guy to email me and tell me what time to meet him! I have been down there the last two Saturdays and found no one to hook up with either time.

You da man! Thanks again.

Now, mad, work us in to your schedule. You ain't THAT busy are ya?

Tom

• Tom, congratulations on becoming Mayor of the Edmund's Jeep Message Board! I will also oficially nominate you for Mayor of Gill's chat room (with Gill being the president, of course).
  • twylietwylie Posts: 619
    Count me in for coming over to Birmingham. Drop me a line with the date if you get something penciled in. There are a few guys in the ATL area I've been talking to so maybe we can have a mini convoy over there.
    -twylie
    I might just make it down there too. Ya gotta feed me good, if I do. :)

Tom

• tidestertidester Posts: 10,110
    Ya gotta feed me good, if I do. :)

What do you regard as good Jeep cuisine? Or is that an oxymoron? ;-)

tidester
    Host
    SUVs; Aftermarket & Accessories
  • wheelermanwheelerman Posts: 113
    hi it's ben again with my jeep sasquatch. hollister hills is great it's like a hour from san jose ca. . i can do all the marked trails [not tank trap] and most unmarked ones. all in my stock jeep. theres a lot of cool people out there. we go out there every weekend . we're always looking for more jeeps to go with .we'll be out thre again on 7/20/02. we had to tow a blazer up a hill last weekend. it was funny watching the blazer try and go where i go. please evryone use those jeeps offroad . not to just look cool.
    Bama is the guy that does the barbequeing at his restaurant, so I am expecting some first class barbeque ribs, cole slaw, fries, and some home made pie for desert. Yum, yum!

Tom

Brother, if I lived out there, you could count me in on those trips to Hollister. I have a hard time finding someone to wheel with around here.

You said "It's Ben again?" I don't remember any previous posts by you, but maybe that one got by me. If you are new, then welcome to the group. We always like to have new folks join us here. Heck, the more posts, the more fun this place is. If you've been here before, then I apologize for missing your posts.

Post often! Come to Gills for some chatting.

Tom

OK, I found your previous post about using 4 lo, and I did reply. It was back on the 11th. I'm getting senile in my old age. Just have to make allowances for us old folks. :)

Although I replied back then, I didn't give you a Wranlger Welcome, so my welcome in the previous post still stands. Hope you will be a regular around here.

Tom

• kelleyokelleyo Posts: 182
    I am so excited that I got my new (to me) Wrangler. I did a lot of lurking here and also read all of the web sites I could find before I got my baby. I got a white/black interior 99 TJ. It has 45,000 miles on it. The dealership had a professional do a 3" body lift and the stance was widened 6". It feels less tippy than a stock one. It has the 4.0 and 5 speed. It was also fitted with Tubuler bumpers front and rear with matching nerf bars. Wet Okle seat covers, Stainless Steel accessories like the grill, door sill protectors, gas filler insert, and tail light protectors. They also put all new fendor flares and a new Best Top soft top with the darkerned windows. 33 inch Procomp Mud Terrain on Aluminum wheels top it off. I think 18,900 was a good deal for all that has been done. I have since added a K&N FIPK Conical Air intake kit, and a Borla Stainless steel Cat Back exhaust. Next will be edlebrock shocks. I am also looking into 3.73 or 4.11 gears (this is the expensive part). I would love to hear from anyone here who has done gears and see what they think? I have the 3.07 gears and with 33" tires 5th gear is not very useful and therefore my mileage is pretty bad! Here is a link to a web site with a picture of my new baby! http://home.mindspring.com/~kelleyo/index.html

I love the full doors as well and may get a hard top for winter driving (I can store it with a winch on the cieling of my garage in the summers.

I want to thank all of you for the discussions you have had here, it made my purchase decision very easy. By the way, I am 38 (to answer a previous survey).

My 8 year old son summed it up best when he said "Since all these other Jeep's keep waving at us does that make us Jeep People?" I said yep!

• mtngalmtngal Posts: 1,911
    Wheelerman - Sounds like fun! I don't get that far north very often - if I head that far away from home I head for the Sierras. I do occasionally wander around Hungry Valley, so if you ever get that far south, let me know.

kelleyo - Love your pictures. Now you should move to that cabin of yours full time! Then you would really have a reason for all those mods!
    Welcome to Wranglerdom!

That is quite a "cabin"!
  • steverstever YooperlandPosts: 40,129
    That reminds me, I need to swing by Helen my next trip South and replenish my supply of Georgia "ice cream."

Steve
    Host
    SUVs, Vans and Aftermarket & Accessories Message Boards

Need help navigating? stever@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

• wheelermanwheelerman Posts: 113
    some where out there is a web site for hollister hills.it's fun to watch everyone mess there trucks up out in the mud pit. when i got my jeep back in may it had only 12,000 miles on it .now it has 20,000 miles on it . i love my sasquatch . only one day to 4x4 time . just look for the stock rust brown jeep . everyone take your jeeps out some where this weekend .
  • aztjboyaztjboy Posts: 14
    Welcome kelleyo! I too was a lurker for a looooooooong time before I was united with my TJ!

Yours sure is a beauty! It definitely is getting me itching to start bolting on some mods myself!

Eric

http://www.geocities.com/enanneman/TJ.html

• bamatazzbamatazz Posts: 311
    Congrats on the jeep
    ****JEEP WAVE***
    Keep posting!!..
    ill let everyone know more about the JEEP show.
    starting to work out a few dates.
    Talked to my local jeep dealer, we sat down played with some idea on a Rubicon.
    Final price 28,680 Not as much as I thought
    Thats Dual tops, Radio, AC, Auto, sentry key, Deep Tint

PS Happy birthday to me.. well tomorrow 7/20 Please send all Bday money to my PayPal account LOL

Have a Great Day
    KEEP JEEPIN
    BAMA!
  • tidestertidester Posts: 10,110
    Please send all Bday money to my PayPal account LOL

Please! No solicitation on tbe Town Hall boards! ;-)

tidester
    Host
    SUVs; Aftermarket & Accessories