Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Jeep Wrangler

Comments

• brodie19brodie19 Posts: 9
    it has dual top,auto, tint, auto dim mirror, sentry, ac, add a trunk, cd player, 7 speakers, floor mats and engine block heater ... more than i really want but the color us great ...
  • 01r101r1 Posts: 280
    Yes, I've read about some problems too, but sounds like not as many as you have seen. The few I read said anything over 3" tends to pull the body right off the bolt & nut because the embedded nut in the body is a weak point. I thought I was safe by only doing 2", maybe not.

There are 11 mounting points, but I don't know if that's good or bad for a vehicle this size. While I had everything apart, it sure looked a little overkill having 3 mounts on each side just under the door area. I don't know.

While I don't do much leaning from side to side with this, I do ascend / descend steep hills all the time which would cause more stress on those embedded nuts due to the extra leverage of the longer bolts and spacers. I guess time will tell. I'm not sure which is my weakest link as this point, my D35 or the body lift. To think I was going to keep the Jeep in stock form, that's funny now.

Thanks,
    Pete
    Well found another dealer about 80 miles away an here is what ive got ... 2003 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Intense blue in color, cloth seats, dual tops, 5 spd manual transmition, I-6 engine, tinted windows, ac, speed control, am/fm cd, 7 speakers, floor mats ... and get this ... out the door for 25,500$
    this is the best deal that i have found/heard of so i am going down on saturday to give them my deposit ... let me know what you all think ...
  • bcmalibu99lsbcmalibu99ls Posts: 625
    Sounds like a very good deal. Make sure you carfax it and see how many miles it has, maybe it's a demonstrator vehicle, or was returned as a lemon, who knows
    it has 0 records found so looks good from there ... i will be seeing it this saturday ... hope all is well with it ...
  • jacknimblejacknimble Posts: 171
    Hi all. Had my jeep for two years now. Enjoy everything about it, but I am just about to my wits end with a squeaky passenger seat. If no one is sitting in it, it squeaks with the least amount of movement, which means all of the time. I've even removed the seat, and lubricated every possible mechanism I can see with white lithium grease to no avail.

All it takes it a finger movement on the top of the seat back front to back to reproduce it, but I cannot find where it is. I think I can rule out the springs, and it does not sound like its coming from the seat back hinges, but rather in the slide/tilt part of the seat, but not sure.

Any else been experienced this? It' so bad that it ruins my Jeep experience, especially with the top on.
  • 71charger71charger Posts: 116
    Where is it? The only manual I have is a 92 Factory Service Manual. The 4 cyl bleeder pictured in there doesn't seem to be on my 95 Wrangler. The clutch won't hold pressure but is not leaking fluid. I'm assuming air in the line.
  • steverstever YooperlandPosts: 39,936
    From today's Anchorage paper (and probably elsewhere):

A man bought his wife a beautiful diamond ring for her birthday.

"I thought she wanted one of those sporty four-wheel-drive vehicles," said his friend.

"She did," he replied. "But where the heck was I gonna find a fake Jeep?"

Steve, Host

Need help navigating? stever@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

• geepersgeepers Posts: 93
    Not the solution you're looking for I'm sure, but have you tried just tumbling it forward? I've not heard of this dilema before.

Gary
  • tsjaytsjay Posts: 4,591
    Have been out of town for the last three days, and I am just catching up on the posts in here.

I was at Badlands yesterday and had a great time wheelin' there. Badlands is a pay to play off road park in Attica, Indiana. It's an old rock quarry and the surrounding land.

You might be fine with that 2" body lift, Pete. The message board that I was talking about, Jeeps Unlimited, just has lots of posts to the effect that anything over 1" is not a good idea, but you know how it goes on the Internet... you can't believe everything you read.

Those were some great pics you took, but then your pics are ALWAYS nice. Man, you sure live in some beautiful country!

Tom

Have you hugged your Jeep today?
  • jacknimblejacknimble Posts: 171
    Geepers,

No, I haven't, but will to see if that will at least narrow it down. I think I'm going to see about getting a new tilt/slide mechanism. There must be a part missing on it from the factory.
  • erickplerickpl Posts: 2,735
    Where I live, we get fog in the autumn and winter. On my 97 SE, I don't have fog lamps installed, but wanted to add them. Is there a way I can check to see if the wiring is there for me to add them?

I pulled off (okay took off carefully) the center console where the buttons are at the bottom by the ashtry and one of them had wiring behind it, tough I could not press any type of button. Anybody know what that wire would be for? Hopefully for fog lamps. :)

-Paul
  • mac24mac24 Posts: 3,910
    The basic wiring should be a part of the main harness. However, harness additions, relays and a switch are required to complete the installation.

Here's a link to the complete OE kit:

http://makeashorterlink.com/?A22114E25

and here's one to the OE foglights:

http://makeashorterlink.com/?S53123E25
    what is the break in period of the new rubicon??? I am picking up my intense blue rubi on friday, it has dual tops, 5 spd, cd, ac, 7 speakers, deep tint etc for 25639$ couldnt pass that up!!!
    Thanks for the links. So, will I have to run the wiring through the firewall myself or is the wiring there and I just need to piggyback on some of the wiring already in place and I just need to add lamps and wiring on the bumper and for the dash?

-Paul
    ".......I just need to piggyback on some of the wiring already in place and I just need to add lamps and wiring on the bumper and for the dash?"

Exactly........the only hard part is writing the check.

:-)
    Again, thank you for the information. The pricing is lower than most other dealers around me have quoted, so writing the check shouldn't be so bad.

One last question though, the one 'switch' that has wiring behind it... would that be for the fog lamps and it just needs the switch? I could get a picture of it if that would help some.

-Paul
    The new switch will install to the left of the ashtray. There should be a blanking plate where it will go. The switch will be connected to the existing wiring harness by a 'jumper' which will be included in the kit. The end result should look just as if it was fitted as OE.
  • tsjaytsjay Posts: 4,591
    CONGRATULATIONS ON THE RUBI!!!!

Man, how cool is that? A brand new Rubicon!

There are a million theories on how to properly break in a new engine. I believe the owners manual will tell you to keep it under 50 for the first 500 miles and to vary your speed during this time rather than run prolonged periods at the same speed.

Some people ignore this completely and drive a vehicle from day one as they plan on driving it on a regular basis.

I think I kinda took the middle of the road approach and stayed under 60 for the first two hundred miles, then drove more or less normally after that. I did make sure not to get too happy with the gas petal for the first few hundred miles, but, hey, it's a Jeep, so there's no sense hot rodding it anyway.

Tom

Have you hugged your Jeep today?
    that is what I suspected. Looks like the wiring is about ready to go, then I just have to add the wiring for the lights in front and 'piggyback' the headlight wiring, then do the wiring at the dash and I'm ready to go. Sounds good to me. :)

-Paul