Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Jeep Wrangler

Comments

• 01r101r1 Posts: 280
    You're not out of line, I would/did/do the same thing. No dealer decals and no license plate frames - no free advertisement here. Now I might feel differently if I found a truly great dealership, but that hasn't even come close to happening yet.

Depending on how long those decals have been on, they can be difficult to remove, so that's a good idea to CYOB and have them do it.

-Pete
  • bfoxvtbfoxvt Posts: 5
    i do not like dealer markings at all. on my jeep i have the license plate thingy and a tire cover with the dealership name. the license plate thingy will be in the garbage as soon as my plates show up.

the tire cover may be gone, i am undecided on it (at least i did not pay for the cover :) )

i do not have any other decals or anything, which is nice.
  • tsjaytsjay Posts: 4,591
    I have one of those on Thelma Jane. I didn't make a request for them to leave it off, but if I had done so, I would have fully expected them to comply. None of this "You can take it off" stuff!

I have a great dealer (Stacy Chrysler in Owensboro, Ky), and I don't mind at all giving them a plug by leaving their decal on my Jeep. Just wish the thing was black instead of red... everything else on Thelma Jane is either black or white.

Tom

Have you hugged your Jeep today?
  • embeedueceembeeduece Posts: 260
    I'm with you all in disliking dealer ads on vehicles/jeeps. (Jeeps are not billboards!) Having said that, as I prepare to buy my Jeep, those plate frames and tire covers have helped me in my search.

When I see a Jeep with features/colors I like, I take note of where it was purchased. And if I see one dealer's name a lot, I figure they must have a pretty good inventory. So, in at least this regard, they've helped.

P.S. Thanks for the fender info!

-Mike
  • steverstever YooperlandPosts: 40,013
    It's archived, but there are some good tips about removing decals in:

Badge/emblem removal techniques

Steve, Host

Need help navigating? stever@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

• erickplerickpl Posts: 2,735
    Personally, I like the smiley face that hasn't shaved and the red, white, blue bandana. :)

Only logo... JEEP. :)

-Paul
  • tjraytjray Posts: 38
    Way back in '01, I ordered my Jeep, and I happened to see the truck deliver it. It was on a saturday, and I was told it might be a day or 2 before it would be ready. After I set them straight, they had a tech check it over, then I drove her home with plastic still on the seats! I enjoyed spending some time washing and detailing my new baby! Still love it-Tjray
  • bamatazzbamatazz Posts: 311
    Welcome to the board..
       I LOVE that red jeep.. I really like the read fnder flares are well..
       DONT let these guys talk you into getting that jeep dirty. Keep him CLEAN as long as u can.

Again.. Welcome to the board.
    Keep posting

BAMATAZZ
  • bmg132bmg132 Posts: 28
    Thanks, its good to know its not just me.

I told them I had no problem w/the plate braket, wheel cover or anything that's not permanent. They will all come off immediately after the initial drive home anyway.

Not intending to rip on my dealership, the decal thing has been the only negative in an otherwise very exciting event for me.

Not only is this my 1st Jeep but its my first new car that is going to be mine (leased last car, doesn't count).

I would whole heartedly refer anyone to Lenihan Jeep in Marlton, NJ.
    By the way BFOXVT, I was also on the fence about the tire cover until my buddy (a CJ owner) advised me that tire covers breed moisture. If you don't plan on regularly airing out the spare tire, leave the cover off. Plus, they look cooler w/out it.
    Thanks for that archived link, some real good tips on getting them off should I need to.

The one thing the dealer probably suspects is that I'm not really interested in waiting 6-8 more weeks for another one to arrive...
  • Pete,

I have been away for a few days so I just got to read your post on your Wrangler towing the Penske truck. I admit that I had to read your post three times to make sure I had truly got it.

Man, I would have never guessed it would have been so easy. If a friend had happened by your feat and told me the story 2nd-hand I would not have believed it!

Man - you and your little Jeep rule!

Jim
    Is it wrong that my Jeep dealer drives a RAV-4?

-Mike
  • 01r101r1 Posts: 280
    None of us thought it would work and didn't even bother getting the camera out. If we weren't blocking traffic we may have got is stuck again just to get it on video tape! When you've got lots of traction on warm dry blacktop, low gear and a 25000# tow strap, that stretchs just enough to get the clutch out, look out(!) that's some pulling power.

-Pete
  • wheelsdownwheelsdown Posts: 250
    I know this is short notice. I just saw that The History Channel has history of tanks/jeeps tonight. 7:00 to 9:00 PM central time tonight.

Terry
  • mtngalmtngal Posts: 1,911
    This happened as the Rubicon was coming out: I had test driven a Liberty (was thinking of it as a possible replacement for the Tacoma) and then asked if they had any Rubicons on the lot (overkill for me, but I can dream, can't I?). He took me over to a Renegade and proudly announced that he had one. When I said I was asking about the Rubicon, he looked at me very blankly and then said I had the name wrong.

I left quickly (and still own that hated Taco!).
  • Finally found some pics of the new Ravine wheels.

Personally, I like the Canyons better, but maybe these will grow on me.......
  • tidestertidester Posts: 10,110
    Is it wrong that my Jeep dealer drives a RAV-4?

It's at least a serious mistake! :-)

tidester, host
    Woo-Hoo! I was worried I wouldn't like the Ravine rims, but those look really cool. They seem less concave than the Canyons.

-Mike
  • tsjaytsjay Posts: 4,591
    Thanks for the pics of the Ravines. I was really curious as to what they would look like.

Well, like you, at this point I can say that I like the Canyons better, but the Ravines look pretty good too.

Tom

Have you hugged your Jeep today?