Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Jeep Wrangler

Comments

• Loved it! Don't know that my addiction will ever match Tom's, but it was fun.

I enjoyed the afternoon more than our morning. The sight of a tree getting ever closer as the jeep slides sideways was not enjoyable. In the afternoon, we did more creek driving; up and down the banks in a few places, climbing over logs and rocks.

I've took quite a few good pictures but didn't get any of myself. There was one other person that had a digital camera, I know she took at least one picture of me; on our last climb up and out of the creek and jumping over a log that was laying at the top of the bank. I hope the picture is as good as it felt!

This was a lot more fun than the first time, when

the jeep was stock and high centered several times. one of the guys had a stock unlimited, he was having a problem with that too. The lift and tires has solved that problem for me.

jeff
  • mac24mac24 Posts: 3,910
    You're welcome!

:--)
  • tsjaytsjay Posts: 4,591
    So, when ya comin' down here to wheel with me at Turkey Bay, Jeff?????

Tom

Have you hugged your Jeep today?
  • erickplerickpl Posts: 2,735
    I'll be there this weekend too. C'mon down! :)

I'm running essentially stock for now, but I see the letters "OME + 32's" calling me from the horizon!

-Paul
  • besides nicole there is also a "heather" in my life now that might not be so understanding if I'm not spending valentines day weeekend with her after she has already made plans.

she was more understanding than i expected this weekend,, I told her I'd leave pike county (where we were wheeln') around noon, and be to her house around 3. there was no reception where we were, so I didn't get a chance to call her until i was finally leaving ~3.

I helped her dad work on the plumbing at her house, I guess i redeemed myself.

jeff
  • 99tj99tj Posts: 187
    funny stuff guys

whaddya know, it works.

Thanks tidester

-Dan
    Does Nicole know you are cheating on her with Heather????

Tom

• mtngalmtngal Posts: 1,911
    Just bring Heather along - it only takes once or twice and she could get hooked, too! Have fun everyone - maybe I'll head over to see if they've re-opened any of my favorite easy roads (probably not - they're still working on more major roads).
  • sound like a fun trip, luv to see the pics. I to enjoy offroad but not the extreme rock crawling, straddling ravines etc. im way to much of a white knuckler. I would probably have much more fun if i had a jeep beater and did not think about dents and scratches........Jeff
  • my clerk drives a cherokee, i have no idea why, she doesn't even like a little snow on the ground let alone the thought of driving through a creek (pronounced crik)

when i was looking to buy my jeep, she suggested that I buy a beater jeep and get a sportscar for my DD. I dred ever telling her that I've thought about wanting a beater jeep to go offroad with, i don't want to hear the " I told you so!" .
  • I think we may be confusing nomenclature, but only because I'm probably mislabling / poorly describing the part.

Of the two you listed, the second "push on" part sounds like it might be the one. I discovered the part in question, the plastic clip, actually pulls right off the carpet (and thus pushes right back on). There is no marking on it, but I will take the part and your part number to the service center and see if it matches up.

Thanks.
  • http://photobucket.com/albums/v603/jeff62301/pokeys%20run/

sorry, no pictures of my jeep, I was the one with the camera and didn't have a good opportunity to pass it off to anyone else.

Pike County Illinois is just north of where the Illinois and Mississippi Rivers meet, very rough farm ground and lots of timber, gently rolling

hills & bluffs along the rivers. More whitetail deer are harvested during hunting season here than any other county in the US.
    Looks like great fun and a good mix of Jeeps.
  • How is the best way to go about getting a seat belt for the middle of the back bench seat? We have two kids, but sometimes there is an extra tagging along. Also, how would you go about installing a belt in the jeep so that it is secure? Thanks.
    Can't believe we haven't had any posting in over 24 hrs.

I don't know how you would go about getting that third seatbelt installed, Isujeep. Good luck, though. Can anyone help here?

Tom

It could be done with an aftermarket lap belt, but I wouldn't.........too many liability issues.
    seat belts attach at one point making a tear drop if you were to add both sides of a seat belt to it.
    ............a Jeep is the vehicle of choice.

The H1 is in for service at the nearest Hummer dealer, which is about 100 miles away. I'd do it myself, but the first three years or thirty six thousand miles of servicing is free (no, make that pre-paid in the original purchase price).

Anyhow, we were given a new Cadillac DeVille as a loaner ("Sorry sir, it's all we have left"). Very luxurious, all the bells and whistles, but guess which one sits unused at the end of the driveway, and which gets used for running the daily errands?

Mac:

Bummer about hour Hummer, hope you get it back before summer. I would write more, but it would just be even dumber. :)

Tom

Tom,

It's sad to see that you're going rapidly downhill, from punning to doggerel. Maybe we on the forum can all get together to hold an intervention, or at least find you a self help group?

Best wishes for your future recovery,

Mac

ROTFL! I can't possibly top that!
    But Old Man and the Jeep? :)

I can see THAT going downhill REAL quick!

... now where's my winch?! :)

-Paul

Yeah, it's Friday... nothing else explains it
    ..too funny.
    John,

I seem to remember in an earlier post you mentioning finding some back roads to drive on in CT.

Were these State Forest roads, by any chance?

I checked the CT state forest/parks site and didn't really find anything.

Just looking for some areas off the beaten path I can kill a roll of film on.

Any tips are appreciated.

Thanks, Dan.
    Is that really a word??? I'll bet you made that up!!!!

Tom

Have you hugged your Jeep today/
    It's for real, and nothing to do with Ross Allen either!

doggerel (dô´ger-el, dòg´er-) also doggrel (dôg´rel, dòg´-) noun

Crudely or irregularly fashioned verse, often of a humorous or burlesque nature.

[From Middle English, poor, worthless, from dogge, dog. See dog.]

- dog´gerel adjective

Excerpted from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Third Edition © 1996 by Houghton Mifflin Company. Electronic version licensed from INSO Corporation; further reproduction and distribution in accordance with the Copyright Law of the United States. All rights reserved.

I was referring the first definition by the way.

Ross Allen read that definition of doggerel, and he is highly offended about the equating of "dog" and "worthless!"

Tom

Nah, he's just hamming it up! Word definitions rate pretty low on a dog's priorities. He's just appearing to have hurt feelings so that you'll feel sorry for him and give him a nice juicy hamburger! There aren't many problems that an edible treat won't fix for my dog.

;--)
    This past Saturday, I took my essentially stock 97 TJ with 30" tires (BFG AT's) to Turkey Bay for what I THOUGHT would be a day of wheeling in dirt... yeah right.

It was MUDDY! Turkey Bay seems designed for those people who have a lift and bigger tires. I high centered once - kinda fun having your Jeep spin like a top. :) I dropped down off a small ledge and smacked and bent my factory gas skid. I'll need to do something about that.

I also found out my valve head covers still have a leak. I was in Dog Leg and leaned over pretty good. My engine started smoking. Checked things out after Tom winched me out and I was able to finish the run. I got hung up on a tree root! ARGH Anyway, the leak is back, so it is time to degrease the engine, remove the head cover AGAIN, re RTV the seal, and try again. Time for some deep sockets and new bolts this time so I can be sure I have it right and tight.

Regardless of this, I had a good time. :) If I had aired down, I may have done a bit better, but I can't complain. I thought I was fairly decent at this offroading thing after being in California. But, man, the goo you drive through out here is NOTHING like in California. Tom has all kinds of pictures on his other site.

-Paul