Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Jeep Wrangler

Comments

• tsjaytsjay Posts: 4,591
    Jeff, you are just going to HAVE to bring that Gal and the two Jeeps down here to Turkey Bay! Explain to G/F that Jeeps develop serious psychological problems when not allowed to get off the pavement.

She has a nice looking Jeep there!

Tomster

Have you hugged your Jeep today?
  • jeff62301jeff62301 Posts: 310
    I looked at some old posts related to instument lights, but did not seem to be what I've got. any ideas???

the light is not on that illuminates the tach, speedometer, etc. its not a problem during the daytime, but at night its a bit of a pain. it just happened this last weekend.

at first I thought it was just a fuse or something easy to fix.

but the next time I started the jeep, i used the remote starter. the dash lights were on until i put the key in turned it and stepped on the brake, then it went out.

any ideas?? wanted to hear some thoughts on this before I stop in the dealership tomorrow and they tell me its not covered by the warranty because of the remote starter .
    Do I need a fresh cookie? Should I dump the old cookie?
  • madman2madman2 Posts: 12
    Jeff,

My guess is a short some place.It could be easy to find or a huge pain the rump. Start checking the wires...

I placed a set of rear lamps on my Jeep and since then, once in awhile, if the left blinker is on and I push the break pedal, the blinker will stay light but not blink. I have been too lazy to fix it myself...
  • mtngalmtngal Posts: 1,911
    And see if I can make it work. Jeff - love your girl's jeep! I can't help you with the lights on the dash - that's different than the gauge problem I had.
    Hey, it works now! If you click on the photo it opens to the full sized photo. Looks like I'll try another one and crop it so that it might not look so distorted on the smaller size.

By the way, that's what an Unlimited looks like with the top down. Here's another one.

Great feature, Edmunds!
  • jeff62301jeff62301 Posts: 310
    I like the "thumbnail' image with the message,, but its sort of squished

jeff
  • jimlw2jimlw2 Posts: 122
    This is a very long shot...I had an '88 Chevy Beretta where the leads of a power transistor in the dashboard light circuit made intermittent contact. It depended on temperature and vibration. To save in manufacturing costs, those power transistor leads are often just pressed into the circuit without any solder. It relies on a press-tight connection of the leads through holes of a heatsink. However, given a slight amount of oxidation, temperature changes, or vibration, a capacitive condition can occur on those leads causing the dash lights to not work sometimes but work other times. For my Beretta, I went to the library and copied some circuit schematics for the dashboard light circuit, found the circuit board assembly containing the power transistor, removed the "black box", opened it up, and soldered the leads in place. Never had the problem again.

You might give any power transitors under the dashboard a gentle "twist" the next time that condition happens...though, not being familiar with Wrangler wiring, power transitors might be inside "black boxes".

I remember my days in my Beretta before fixing the problem and keeping a flashlight handy to periodically read the gauges when my dash lights went out. I wish you luck finding the problem.
  • jpk257jpk257 Posts: 43
    I absolutely love my jeep! I can't wait for the weekend so I can take the top off and enjoy the great weather.
    That's one nice Jeep - I love the color. I can't decide about whether I like the new windows better or not - I don't think it makes a difference one way or the other for me. I wonder if it has a practical reason - does your top support bar go where the canvas is? Mine is more of an S shape but I could see the vinyl protecting the top from rubbing against it. Mine does rub a bit when it's windy.
  • mac24mac24 Posts: 3,910
    "I like the "thumbnail' image with the message..........."

Works for me (on dialup) too. I can quickly download the thumbs and text, and if I want to see the full sized pic I can open it in another window at my leisure.
    Jeff:

She's a beauty! Congratulations!

Tom

The link works, so if you click on it, you can see the pic. I don't know why there is no thumbnail.

Tomster

• erickplerickpl Posts: 2,735
    Is it generally available yet?

-Paul
  • tidestertidester Posts: 10,109
    No, it's not generally available yet - it's being tested and will be officially launched when all the bugs get worked out. Stay tuned ...!

tidester, host
    if you want another tester.

-Paul
  • tidestertidester Posts: 10,109
    Thanks, Paul. I think we have enough testers for now but I'll put your name in as an available helper if the need arises.

tidester, host
  • jefferson1964jefferson1964 Posts: 330
    Thats great, both good looking Jeeps!!!!
  • keatskeats Posts: 412
    Hi, John,

Yep, it's a raised lip and has a hole in the middle where the seatbelts come through--raised lip around that also. Goes back and under the seat. Works very well. Here's a link to it:
    link title
    nice looking jeep!!! I see the strap in the side window everyone is talkin about and is probably there for extra protection from the support bar. When I use my sunrider top and drive at highway speeds it sucks in my sides of the soft top and leaves an impression of the bar in that location.
    I felt uncomfortable about leaving my spare "hanging in the breeze" and the locking lug nuts were the First thing i purchased for my jeep.

Heck check it out on the hardtop, the black might look better than the khaki, plus u can have two looks to your jeep with the dual tops, kinda cool imo.......
  • letdolphinletdolphin Posts: 37
    Congrats ... Looks like the Jeep I just ordered. Found out today that my Jeep has been assigned a VIN so hopefully it won't take as long as they are telling me :)
    Laura
    Just looking at your photo and can easily see the difference in length. I have an unlimited and really enjoy the ride. I think the length is fine i would like to see the wrangler just a couple inches wider with the new model. It will be interesting to see the 4 door model and all the changes made to the wrangler........
  • koolbreeze2koolbreeze2 Posts: 252
    Thanks for the info. and the link. Just what I need. John
    Laura:

Thanks for the update. Keep us posted!

Tom

Dude:

Welcome.

I checked Quadratec for ya, but they only have the handles in black or chrome, not stainless steel.

Good luck.

Tom

My duster and safari top combo... let's see if it works!

Photo is there, if you click it, but the thumbnail doesn't show... hhrmm..

-Paul
    Hey, Paul - nice photo.

Maybe they took off the thumbnail photo because it was a set pixel size, which was different than most photos. That's what made mine look so distorted. I had thought about how to make a photo match their thumbnail size without having the distortion - it looked like the length was twice the height. That would make cropping a photo of an essentially square vehicle tough. You could do it better with a low slung, long sports car, like the Ferrari I saw at the Ferrari dealership at the Wynn Resort last weekend.