Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Jeep Wrangler

Comments

• tsjaytsjay Posts: 4,591
    Just thought it might blind someone behind you in traffic, like if you were parallel parking or whatever. I guess I thought you were talking about a much brighter light.

Might not be a problem at all.

Tom

Have you hugged your Jeep today?
  • Thanks. I appreciate the pic and info. John
  • mac24mac24 Posts: 3,910
    Whether you want the more powerful lights to work together with, or independently of, your existing reversing lights, make sure you use a relay. Use a heavy gauge wire for the power and ground, and make sure to fuse the power wire close to the point it connects to positive supply. The relay can then be triggered either by your reverse light circuit, or an independent switch.

If you just connect the lights in parallel with the existing reversing lights you'll blow fuses........... or worse, you'll melt the wiring loom and have an interesting pyrotechnic display to boot!

;--)
    You're welcome.

:--)
  • I think the Columbia Flares are a little darker than gunmetal. Their painted with a nice metal flake. No rack yet. Still refining my list of accessories. Will probably go with a Conga Cage.

Yours in Jeep Coolness,

Dave
  • if you use a light in that is similar in electrical draw to trailer lights, could you hook it into a regular trailer wiring harness.

jeff

that would also allow it to be easily unplugged when not needed.
  • The lead manager of new cars called me on monday to apologize for all the confusion. He said the guy i was dealing with had quit on friday and they had found my number on my offer sheet. They offered me $4,500 but can not do the military discount on the unlimited, the only jeep product not allowing this discount??? wonder why...

Anyway, they only had 6 soft tops left in 2 colors, and they were not my first or second choice. To obtain a different color would cost me $850 due to dealer hold back. Therefore, I have decided to wait until next year as i did not want to settle on a color, i want what i want. :-)

I was able to see the 05' unlimited and i like the fender flares matching the paint. I did see the new grey hardtop on a white 05' and imo it did not look as good as the black. Now the 05's still had a black soft top and is what i would get anyway.

I know i would regret buying now even with a excellent deal as i really want the Unlimited Rubicon soft top and will wait until next year. Yes its hard to do as i SEE EVERY WRANGLER on the road, LOL, seemed everyone had their top down yesterday.....Oh i was offered $301/month 36 month lease which was a good price, but then i could not do mods to a vehicle that is not mine. Regards, Jeff
    Man, a RUBICON Unlimited would be worth the wait! GO FOR IT!

Tom

• Don't buy something you don't want just because the price was right.

Hold out for what you want and know you will enjoy!

jeff
  • mtngalmtngal Posts: 1,911
    I don't think they want your business (too good of a deal? - sounds like they would have lost money).

I bought my Unlimited about 2 weeks ago and I got the military discount, no problem (they did ask for documentation). It sounds like they don't want to work with you that much.

And since you really want the Rubicon Unlimited, then you should definitely wait and get that. There is nothing worse than settling for a car you don't really want or like - I did it and it only took a couple of months to go from "oh, well..." to "Yuck" to "I hate it, when can I get rid of it?"

And each time you see a Wrangler with the top down, just think that in a couple of months that will be YOU! And your vehicle is worth waiting for.
    Cat got everyone's fingers?

Tom

Postings are down or nonexistant on all the Town Hall boards I regularly check on. I'm guessing that the logon issue bears some part of the blame.
  • gman1259gman1259 Posts: 209
    I have to go through the log in process every time...even when web site is working properly.
  • mtngalmtngal Posts: 1,911
    I've noticed the lack of postings also - this computer glitch is definitely having an effect on my Edmunds addiction.

I've talked to the Camp Jeep and the dealership and the dealership said they would try to work something out. We'll see how it goes. I read the back and I'm not sure I really have a leg to stand on - they are clear that it is supposed to be reflected in the contract, but I'll try and see what happens.

I'm still happy with my Unlimited - the $500 would just be a nice addition.
  • jeff62301jeff62301 Posts: 310
    an extra $500 buys new toys for GiGi.

jts

Hope GiGi gets what she wants...
  • erickplerickpl Posts: 2,735
    in the mail yesterday. ;) I'd love to be able to buy some stuff for Kermit!

A TJ in our parking lot at work as a 3-4" Procomp lift, Warn front/rear bumpers and tire carrier and a Warn xd8000i winch... nice. ;)

-Paul
  • goducks1goducks1 Posts: 432
    Hey all. I've been gone for a couple months, the business has really been taking off. Did I miss anything? I sure am loving this fall weather now that the hurricanes are past, no doors no top no rain no humidity...
  • steverstever YooperlandPosts: 39,971
    Rumor is that a fix failed, so no go until Monday now at the earliest.

<sigh>

Hey Ducks - got ash?

Yeah, wrong coast I guess, but what other Ducks are there?

Steve, Host

Need help navigating? stever@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.