Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Jeep Wrangler

Comments

• mac24mac24 Posts: 3,910
    Is it an automatic? If so it could be a problem with switch on the transmission that only allows you start in Park or Neutral. Try starting in Neutral and moving the shifter a little as you turn the key.
  • koolbreeze2koolbreeze2 Posts: 252
    Interesting request Keats. Koolbreeze is a nickname I aquired in High School. I graduated in 1963 so its a name I have had for sometime. I am a soon to be 60 year old white guy who was given the name of Koolbreeze by the Black kids I went to HS with and the name just caught on----- Its actually a nickname and/or title used in African American culture in the 30's, 40's and 50's. I have been told this but have never heard it used until I saw the movie Ray. Someone called someone else Koolbreeze in the movie. Anyhow, thats it. I also enjoy Keats but am a very big Oscar Wilde fan. Enjoy the top down weather and drive your Jeep like its your last day on earth. Go Easy, John
  • keatskeats Posts: 412
    John,I have seen 3 different stage productions of "The Importance of Being Earnest". It's one of my favorite plays. Wilde was definitely the genius of his era.

So all, I'm afraid my Rubicon has developed its first problem. There is a rattle in the driver's door that is starting to drive me crazy! Time for a trip to the dealership.
    OK, we had some success with the "where did you get your handle" question, so let's start another one since nobody posts to the "Get to know the owner's forum". What does everyone do for a living? I know, I hate when I'm at a party and the first question someone asks me is, "So what do you do?" However, it wasn't my first question. ;)

So what do you do to pay for the gas in your Jeep?

I'll go first. I'm a technical writer, and I'm in Grad School getting an MBA in management information systems. Kind of a yin and yang thing, I suppose.
  • div2div2 Posts: 2,580
    I'm a district court judge-just call me the bottom feeder of the legal system. I can take early retirement in five years-thank heavens!- which will allow me to pursue my true passion: cars and motorcycles. I write an automotive column for a local newspaper and a couple of times a year I scribble a freelance article for a monthly magazine.
  • scott919scott919 Posts: 17
    Thanks mtngal, went by the dealer today and they have ordered new frames so Ill have to wait a couple days to get them. The parts guy had his computer screen turned so I could watch him look up the parts. Dc's system only shows schematics of the regular wrangler soft top not the unlimited. We walked up to the show room so he could see for himself what part I was missing. He was just looking for the latch itself, the after seeing it he ordered two new window frame assemblies. Once again thanks ..
  • tsjaytsjay Posts: 4,591
    I work at a paper mill that produces automotive, industrial, and heavy duty filter paper. We sell to all of the big name automotive filter manufacturers.

I am the Technical Director for our mill, and my areas of responsibility are paper specifications, fiber combinations (recipes) for the various grades of paper, resins (used to saturate our paper for endurance), the paper making process, and experimental runs.

I will have been at that mill for 31 years on 6/26/05. Actually, I worked the last seven months of construction on the mill, but I was on the payroll of the general contractor then. I switched to the paper mill payroll on 6/26/74.

Tomster

Have you hugged your Jeep today?
  • I have had my wrangler for 6 days now and have a little over 400 miles on it and this is what I have to say about it. The jeep with the hardtop is a lot quieter than my old civic with my loud exhaust and is a lot more fun to drive. It also helps me with my speed problem no more tickets for me. The hardtop took a little while to figure out because i couldnt get one of the cables connected but after that it was a breeze to take off and put back on. The skid plates have come in handy so far because I have gone off-roading twice so far once with 60 miles on the odometer and another with 400. This last time it was pretty muddy considering it has rained for the past week. I didnt get stuck but some parts where a little sketchy because I would scrape and come to a stop and start spinning for a little while. my first fill up i experienced 20 miles per gallon but this time i think it is going to be a lot lower. The factory head unit and speakers sound fairly nice and never skipped while i was off roading but it provides very little bass.
    Dan
    Here is a pic of her a little dirty
    Her name is Jeeves and the code name for off roading is golfing
    Image hosted by Photobucket.com
    Bug shields are lame--they don't work well and they look worse, IMO.

I'd say they're probably 50% effective at deflecting bugs from the windshield. However, they're 100% effective at stopping bug splatter and stone chips on the leading edge of the hood.
  • letdolphinletdolphin Posts: 37
    I am a branch manager & stockbroker for a national deep discount brokerage, I have been with the company for 13 years
    I hang out here all day and try to answer questions.

The pay's terrible! :cry:
  • chow3chow3 Posts: 32
    Well, After reading this forum (since when Tom cleaned bugs on the way home) and posting with a couple questions I have jumped back into jeep ownership with a Khaki Unlimited 6 speed soft top. Traded a perfect 2002 Liberty for a little more fun. When I arrived home last night with the new Jeep my boys 3 & 5 made me take them for a ride and promise we could take the roof off this weekend and take a ride to the beach. I can only hope my kids have as much fun in this jeep as my wife and I did in our CJ 7 many years ago. Oh, and in regard to my name here Chow3--- Chowder Head was our fist child(dog) and loved to ride out onto the beach for a swim back when we all lived on Cape Cod. Can't wait for my first topless ride..\\

CHOW
    "I have jumped back into jeep ownership with a Khaki Unlimited 6 speed soft top. Traded a perfect 2002 Liberty for a little more fun."

Interesting how two similar sized competent 4wd vehicles from the same company can have such different characters.
    *lol* The best response so far! You didn't give us a title, so I'll create one for you: Resident Jeep Mechanic. Rise sir Jeep Mechanic! And tell me why my door is rattling...
  • jbonejbone Posts: 35
    Picked up my Blue Unlimited 6 spd soft-top yesterday - what a vehicle! I can finally say I am truly happy. Been gettin the wave every time here in WMass too!
    My better half says we need steps on the side to help her and the kiddos getting in and out (plus by the way my 5 yo gets in, the door sills will be worn down in no time!)
    Anyway been lookin at different options but heres my dilemma, I would to find something that fits all the following in order of importance:
    1. Fits 2005 Unlimited (obviously!)
    2. Able to be used as entry/exit step
    3. Provides rocker panel protection off road
    4. No need drill into frame rails for install
    I found SRC side armor guards on JC Whitney that say "including Unlimited" but everywhere else (Quadratec, 4wd.com, etc) says they dont fit the Unlimited???
    Any info or suggestions would be appreciated and thanks!
    :D
    Good question, jbone. If you had the regular wheel base Wrangler, you would have several products to choose from. I have never particularly looked for rocker guards/steps for an Unlimited.

Toys by Troy and 4xDoctor are a couple brands you might try. I don't know their official website URL's, but you can do a search.

If I come across something, I will post.

Tomster

Even Smittybilt's site doesn't give that information, but I'm sure their tech support will know.

Here's their number: 1.888.717.6170
  • oceantoadoceantoad Posts: 186
    Glad to hear that you are going for it. You will love it. Noise will not be a problem for you and don't worry about the comfort issue.

Please continue to keep the folks here updated on your progress on getting into a Wrangler.

I was quick enough to copy down your phone number from your first post before it was nuked.

At least you have hair for the wind to blow through. Me, I am getting real thin up there.

Still a happy camper.
  • oceantoadoceantoad Posts: 186
    What does your monthly gas bill average? You put LOTS of miles on those Jeeps of yours.

Still a happy camper.
    Jbone:

I found some really nice looking rocker guards for ya at shrockworks.com. Those puppies look like they should afford great protection, and they can be used as a step also. They DO have them to fit Unlimiteds.

They ain't cheap. :)

Tom