Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Auto Parts Bargains and Coupons

Comments

• Stever@EdmundsStever@Edmunds YooperlandPosts: 38,985
    The fine print isn't very clear - I guess you and Juice will have to see what the email says about restrictions if any. Assuming y'all get the email, lol.

I don't know why a dealer wouldn't want to drive some traffic to a showroom but they are independent from the manufacturer, so who knows.
  • Karen@EdmundsKaren@Edmunds Posts: 5,024
    I checked out the CX9 briefly at the Cleveland Auto Show. It's on my list to test drive. Thanks for the heads up about the test drive incentive, Steve! :shades:

Karen-Edmunds Community Manager

In store only, but this link describes it. Not available in all areas.

Cheap, and it's bilingual too!
  • ateixeiraateixeira Posts: 72,587
    So, how're we doing today, pressure gauge?

Not bad. Weather's been nice, but you're a few PSI low on the left front tire.

Je nes sei, huh huh, low pressure, woo woo!

:D
    ¡Oye, mi gente! :)

Toyota Mixin' Sweeps. Contiguous 48 US states & DC only.

link
    Doing your brakes tomorrow?

Here's a $10 off coupon at Checkers, Schucks and Kragen if you spend $50. How hard could that be? :shades:

Super Sunday Coupon

In stores only.
    Heads up, Saturn has some sort of test drive offer. My wife signed up and they sent us a full-line brochure that had one of those post cards stapled in the middle of it. Might be on their web site, she didn't recall where she signed up.
    Someone on FatWallet got a Saturn offer via regular mail to test drive any new Saturn by 4/1/07 and get a $25 gift cart to Home Depot or ExxonMobil.

It looks like requesting brochures from the auto web sites is a good way to get test drive coupons in the mail.
    "Buy a set of four (4) select Dunlop® tires and you may be eligible to receive up to a $100 rebate via mail. Offer valid on tires purchased from in-stock inventory between 12:00 a.m. EST March 1, 2007 and 11:59 p.m. EDT March 31, 2007.

Tires Eligible for $100 Rebate:
    SP Sport Maxx®
    SP Sport Maxx 101
    SP Sport Maxx A
    SP Sport Maxx A1
    SP Sport Maxx A1 A/S
    SP Sport Maxx RunOnFlat

Tire Eligible for $50 Rebate:
    Direzza DZ101™"

Check the site for sizes and availability and check Tires, tires, tires or make/model specific discussions for comments on how good these tires are.

Here's the rebate link.
  • isellhondasisellhondas Issaquah WashingtonPosts: 17,356
    Don't waste the time of a salesperson taking the test drive unless you really think you might want to buy.

Honda did a similar thing a few years back. They gave out a pair of walkie-talkies if the "customers" took a test drive.

Did that ever bring out the strokes!
  • michaellmichaell Posts: 4,300
    Don't waste the time of a salesperson taking the test drive unless you really think you might want to buy.

I didn't.

First Buick dealer (in the town where I live) had no idea what I was talking about. They had to speak with their regional manager to get the information about the promotion. They promised me a call back the next day. Didn't happen.

The second Buick dealer took my paperwork and immediately processed it. Didn't take a test drive, even though it was a weekday afternoon and the place was practically deserted.

That, plus they didn't really have anything that I was too interested in.
    I will only drive a car I'm interested in, unless they say I have to do it (some dealers do that, which seems silly to me).

Any how, what I usually do is tell them the models I'm actually interested in. The Buick dealer has Pontiacs too, so I asked to drive a G6 convertible, since I want a 4 seat convertible to replace my Miata, so the kids can come along.

That's win-win, if they listen to the customer they generate showroom traffic that might result in a sale.

Too bad the structure had too much quiver, including a disturbing rattle in the A-pillar. :sick:

I passed.
  • joel0622joel0622 Posts: 3,302
    When I was in sales and Ford did these test drive things I would always greet the customer with a smile, go get a key, open up the car then I would kind of lean over and whisper to them "Hey if your just here for the $50 gift card you really don't have to drive it" then laugh a little. If they were interested they would say so, if they just wanted the gift card they would thank me.
    I'm sure the customer appreciated that.

My wife would take the offer and walk.

I would let you know which model I was more interested in. If the test drive were for an F-150, I'd ask to drive a Freestyle, something like that.
    Some additional charges (waste fees etc.) may apply. Don't see an expiration on the coupon. link
    I hate this trends towards tacking on "environmental fees". :mad:

My dealer had a $20 special and it cost $22 plus tax, the extra $2 for that fee. Well, then, it's not a $20 oil change any more, is it? It's misleading.

Still managed to be very cheap, though. I spend about that much on the oil and filter to do it myself.
  • kyfdx@Edmundskyfdx@Edmunds Posts: 25,914
    Ford dealer?

"I'll take a drive in the GT, please"

Moderator - Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• isellhondasisellhondas Issaquah WashingtonPosts: 17,356
    That's the way to do it. Most customers don't want to drive the cars anyway.

I just don't think promotions like this generate many sales.
    Probably not. I'm sure they try to target their demographic goals, but end up with coupon clippers. :D
  • kyfdx@Edmundskyfdx@Edmunds Posts: 25,914
    ..every time that I go in the showroom, it is a possible sale waiting to happen... :surprise:

Moderator - Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs