Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Auto Parts Bargains and Coupons

Comments

• steverstever Ex Yooper, just arrived in New MexicoPosts: 40,540
    You have to watch the promos though - some are downsizing to 4 quart offers, even in the jugs.

Need help navigating? stever@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

• qbrozenqbrozen Posts: 17,325
    hmmm.. well, pretty good for 5 qts. But then I'd have to go to wal-mart. :sick:

'13 Stang GT; '86 Benz 300E; '98 Volvo S70; '12 Leaf; '14 Town&Country

These things are getting cheap. This one isn't even a refurb.

TomTom - XL 340M LIVE 4.3" GPS with Lifetime Map Updates. $59.99 at BestBuy and free shipping. A newer version is $104 at Amazon.

linky

Need help navigating? stever@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

• imidazol97imidazol97 Crossroads of America: I70 & I75Posts: 18,188
    This GPS is older than the VIA that was the first one at Best Buy. I'm torn about buying one of these XL Live series. It has the free map updates and the lane guidance.

I was hoping for another VIA--GO, VIA, START are the 3 current series as I read the TOMTOM homepages. I bought the earlier VIA at 59$ and like it. Especially that it uses a different computer interface homepage called MyTomTom from my two XL units with no map updates. I think the earlier one is TomTom Home.

Decisions.
    Not that I'd ever stand a chance to win in the first place and I would rarely use the kit in the second place, even if I were gifted one. ;)

That's just a screen shot; go to this link for live links:

EDMUNDS.COM #WASHME CONTEST OFFICIAL RULES

Double your rebate promotion at Discount Tire through July 8.

• cadillacmikecadillacmike Posts: 543
    Exactly. The time wasted waiting in line will exceed your savings.
  • ohenryxohenryx Posts: 285
    I just saw this over on slickdeals:

Advance Auto Parts offers $50 Off $125 when you apply promo code "DOW28" at checkout. Shipping is free if you spend $75+ or you may select free in-store pick up to save on shipping. Offer valid now through 07/13/13.
    edited July 2013
    Probably illegal in every state and DC, but I'm a sucker for cheap Meritline junk.

Waterproof Car LED Light Strips, PVC Flexible Lights

$2.49, Was:$4.99 Save:$2.50 (50.10%). Free shipping. 5 different colors.

Don't ask me how you hook them up, lol.

May as well pick up an FM transmitter MP3 player for your old beater too; mine's still working after a whole year.

Universal fit, gray or tan. No grommet holes - "non-slip backing".

WeatherHandler Deluxe 4pc Carpet Floor Mat Set (Sears)

edited July 2013
    Sylvania Dual Screen Car DVD Player w/Two 7" Displays (1saleaday.com)

Comes with headrest mounts, remote control, adapters and headphone jacks.

Refurbished, 90 day warranty (just long enough to get you through your summer road trip with the kids at least. :) )

$49.99. Free shipping.

I like contests with few pain points. So here's one for winning a Ford Fiesta ST.

Octane Academy No Skills Required Sweepstakes

PepBoys is offering a Coleman Garage Utility Kit for $15.90, usually $49.99. Lots of hooks.

Free pickup in store.

Police auction of Crown Vics in Naperville IL.

• fushigifushigi Posts: 1,235
    Funny that I live one suburb away from Naperville but heard about the auction here.
    edited October 2013
    Need to take notes as you text on your commute? Here's just the thing. :shades:

AWP Passenger Seat Mobile Office

Currently marked down by 50% so your cost is $4.98, if you can find one in stock at your local Lowes. Otherwise I suppose you could have it shipped, but that pretty much kills the deal.

edited October 2013
    $15 value. Expires 11/2/13.

pdf file

Usual disclaimers about not being able to get your lug nuts off if they don't use a torque wrench when tightening the lugs.

Via FatWallet, free 1 year subscription to Car And Driver from Mercury Magazines. Use this link and ignore the popup $2 additional magazine offer at the end by closing the popup.

Not sure if a digital mag is better than just going to the webpage but here you go:

Get Motor Trend Digital For Free

edited November 2013
    Today only. Lightweight Rhino ramps $29.99 at Kmart. Save $15.

RhinoGear Rhino Ramps

Not in stock at every store. No shipping option for this item.

Freebizmag

Have to "qualify".

U480 OBDII CAN-BUS Check Engine Auto Scanner Trouble Code Reader

From Newegg.com. Regular price $49.99, on sale for $15.49. Free shipping. Expires 1/6/14.

So-so reviews, but cheap!

edited January 3

Heated windshield washer system $22.61 shipped from eBay. "Usual" price is $39.

Tempting, since it's heading for -7 °F tonight.

link

Meguiars Ultimate Car Care Kit with Trunk Organizer

$19.99 ($40 off). In store pickup at Sears only, no shipping.

Test-drive any new Kia by March 31, 2014, and receive a $25 Kia Visa Prepaid Card while supplies last. Check the link for details, limited supply.

Kia Test Drive Offer

Free Kindle book at Amazon:

Exposed: Auto Repair's Dirty Little Secrets to Rip You Off!: Catch Dishonest Mechanics and Beat Them at Their Own Game!

linky

The free book promos are usually short lived. 84 pages (and probably just the same stuff you read here, but what the hey, it's "free").

• Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright CaliforniaPosts: 44,855

I downloaded it for free on Kindle, so it still seems to be available. Book review forthcoming!

• roadburnerroadburner Posts: 6,482

@stever said: Free Kindle book at Amazon:

Exposed: Auto Repair's Dirty Little Secrets to Rip You Off!: Catch Dishonest Mechanics and Beat Them at Their Own Game!

linky

The free book promos are usually short lived. 84 pages (and probably just the same stuff you read here, but what the hey, it's "free").

Post it in the "Mechanics's Life" topic, we'll see if the Doctor is in... :D

2009 328i / 2004 X3 2.5/ 1995 318ti Club Sport/ 1975 2002A/ 2007 Mazdaspeed 3/ 1999 Wrangler/ 1996 Speed Triple Challenge Cup Replica

He's been "working" over on Edmunds Answers lately.

No bargains lately (I've been selling junk and packing to move and quit "shopping"). But saw this:

Craftsman Programmable Digital Tire Gauge

Pick up at K-Mart or free shipping. $12.99. Regular price is $26.99, a savings of $14.00).