Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Auto Parts Bargains and Coupons

Comments

• steverstever Viva Las CrucesPosts: 41,286
    Yeah, someone will poop on the idea....

Minivan fan. Feel free to message or email me - stever@edmunds.com.

"In partnership with the Susan G. Komen for the Cure, BMW organizes an annual event, The Ultimate Drive®, to raise money for breast cancer research. It's your opportunity to test drive a BMW, and show your spirited support."

It looks like the event starts in May (just spot checked a few zip codes) for the East Coast and works its way west - use your zip code to see if and when an event is coming to a dealer near you. Licensed drivers 21 and older.

BMW donates $1 for every test mile driven - $10 million since the event started in 1997.

Ultimate Drive

Get a free 40 point inspection of your Honda:

Honda Owner Link

If you own a Nissan you probably got a similar offer in the mail (no web page). But it's a 100 point check (and don't ask me if there that much more stuff that can wrong on a Nissan, lol).

If the dealer finds something wrong (gee, what are the odds :shades: ), you can always take the info to your regular mechanic for a second opinion.

I got the Nissan offer but I'm afraid that if I take advantage of it, I'll have to go post in the Help! Repairs cost more than the car is worth!! discussion.

The Saab Club of North America and Saab Automobile USA have teamed up to offer US Saab enthusiasts a helping hand with making travel arrangements to attend the 2007 Saab Festival in Trollhattan, Sweden, scheduled for June 7-10. This year’s festival is extra special because the 60th anniversary celebration of Saab as a car maker will be an integral part of the festivities.

saabhistory, "SCNA & SCUSA 2007 Saab Festival Travel Program for U.S. Residents" #1, 6 Mar 2007 4:14 pm

Try any DuPont™ Teflon® Car Care product FREE (after mail-in rebate). Offer good only in the U.S. and Canada for purchases made at a qualified DuPont™ Car Care retailer. Offer good only while supplies last. Promotion Dates: March 1, 2007 through September 30, 2007.

DuPont™ Car Care Latest Offers

$5 off coupon (good for up to four admissions) for the Henry Ford Rogue Tour in Dearborn Michigan. Includes the F-150 assembly plant walking tour (but see the FAQ on the site for closures). Click on Special Offers and Promotions on the link below for the coupon:

Ford Rouge Factory Tour

• ateixeiraateixeira Posts: 72,587
    I may do that if I ever make it back to NAIAS.
  • joel0622joel0622 Posts: 3,302
    If you are in the market for a Ford and there is an Auto Show in your area go to the show and go to Fords booth to register for a $500 rebate. They will take your info and
    email you a coupon # good for a $500 rebate over and above other programs.
    In case you've never heard of the GM in the Driveway certificate, they are still available.

GM in the Driveway is a GM program that gives GM suppliers two coupons every month to give away to friends. You can save up to 10% off MSRP depending on the car. Not all dealers accept the certificate and some GM cars/trucks may be excluded - ask your dealer. Check this discussion for certificate requests:

Hummer H3 GMID

The certificate is tied to the last four digits of your social security number and is good for six months. Please don't request one until you are pretty sure you are buying.

"Dash Express is the first Internet-connected automotive navigation system to hit the streets"

Dash Express

Unfortunately you have to give it back after the six monthtest period. 18 and older, US drivers.

2,000 testers will be picked.

"This contest requires the submission of an essay and photo to participate, and your vehicle must have over 75,000 miles on the odometer. To enter, go to http://www.castrol.com/us, click on the “GTX High Mileage Mega Miles Makeover” link, and follow the directions to submit your essay and photo.

The Grand Prize Winner will receive an automotive renovation valued at $25,000 for the vehicle described in the essay and $6,000 cash which can be applied to applicable taxes and cost of a rental vehicle during the renovation."

US only, 18 and older.

Looks interesting, but I want more specs on the unit itself. The web site focuses solely on the services.

How big is that screen? Does it provide voice instructions? Battery power?

It's almost like they're promoting GPS for people that never used a GPS before.
  • paisanpaisan Posts: 21,181
    I applied to test it out. Free is free!

-mike
    Good point, mike.

I can always ask for my money back! :D
    GPS for people that never used a GPS before

That would qualify me, but I probably don't drive enough to make the cut. Although I have a special talent for getting lost when I do hop in the car. :P

• kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 29,847
    Out where you live?

Does the GPS take directions like: 3rd sycamore tree on the left? ;)

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

Yeah, but there's 500,000 people out here now in the Boise "metro" area and they all are planting sycamores (me included, lol).

• jerrywimerjerrywimer Posts: 588
    Wow. That's gonna take a lotta counting trees for each turn then!

Instead of the 3rd sycamore on the left, it'll be "turn after the 36th sycamore on the left".. :P
  • paisanpaisan Posts: 21,181
    Haaa and we have no Sycamore trees here at all!

-mike
    Y'all just call them London planetrees, and they are the most common tree in Brooklyn (link). :shades:

Terms and Conditions : Offer valid until April 27, 2007, and while supplies last. Limit of one free emergency kit per household. To be eligible for this offer, you must be a member of one of the employer groups that endorse TD Insurance programs.

link

• jerrywimerjerrywimer Posts: 588
    Wow. I love these forums. You learn something new just about every day!
    We did the Saturn test drive yesterday. I'll put the post card in the mail and report back when I get the $25 gift card.

Bummer, though, the Mazda one expired before I got a chance to use it. I drove a CX9 anyway.
  • asafonovasafonov Posts: 373
    Bummer, though, the Mazda one expired before I got a chance to use it. I drove a CX9 anyway.

I did stop by a Mazda dealership to get the form signed - decided not to waste the salesperson's time with a test drive, since we are likely to buy early late this year (if that.) It's been three weeks, have not gotten the card yet but it is supposed to be 6-8 weeks.
    Here's my review if anyone wants to see my impressions:

ateixeira, "The Forums Test Drive Team" #192, 12 Apr 2007 11:12 am
    Good reviews at Crutchfield. "Last year's model" or something. $56.99 and free shipping. Retail is around $100 most places.

"Special closeout pricing on this Polk Audio speaker! Very limited quantities available."

CarDomain Store

XL7 Adventures

Bit of a flaky Flash? site. One entry per day. 48 contiguous US states only, 18 and older.

Just in time for the summer driving season - are we there yet?

Go to freeroadmaps.com, choose your state, province or territory and get easy links to free maps and tourism guides for the part of the USA or Canada you want to visit.

With the proliferation of GPS systems, they can't give them away. :D Literally. ;)

If you have a BlackBerry, download BlackBerry Maps, also free. It's like having Mapquest in your hands at all times.

Still not nearly as convenient as a GPS, though.