Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Auto Parts Bargains and Coupons

Comments

• steverstever Viva Las CrucesPosts: 40,805
    It's a big if but....Thule Rack Testing

Cars Needed - If you live in the Connecticut area and will allow Thule some time to test a rack on your car, Thule can provide you a free rack system. The free system would be based on our ability to fit your vehicle and may not immediately be available. This is available on a first come, first serve basis - below is a list of vehicles we are currently looking to fit -

2007 Nissan Altima
    2007 Chevy Aveo
    2007 Hyundai Elantra
    2007 Kia Optima
    2007 Kia Rondo
    2007 Mitsubishi Outlander w/o factory rack
    2007 Nissan Versa Sedan 4dr
    2007 Ford Edge

See the Thule web site for contact info.

There's no date on the web page but I think this is a current wish list.

Need help navigating? stever@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

The real benefit of entering this contest may be the hope that Ford will send you an incentive for buying a Ford vehicle. So if you're in the market, it may be worth signing up for the updates ("We would like to provide you with the appropriate incentive information. How do you plan to obtain your next vehicle?")

Built Ford Tough BCS Sweeps US residents, 18 years, ends 1/21/08.

Need help navigating? stever@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

"Due to the recent wildfires, ash and other particles in the air could impact your vehicle's engine air filter. To help, starting November 1, 2007 - November 30, 2007 GM Goodwrench will offer to residents of the eight affected southern California counties an engine air filter replacement free of charge on your GM car or truck.*

The offer is available at participating dealers only and to residents of the following counties: Los Angeles, Orange, San Diego, San Bernardino, Santa Barbara, Ventura, Riverside and Imperial."

site with list of participating dealers

GM vehicles only - no fleet or commercial rigs.

This member signed up for a Rogue brochure and got a $50 American Express gift card:

natatac, "2008 Nissan Rogue" #351, 8 Nov 2007 10:22 am

Junk mail pays. :shades:

• qbrozenqbrozen Posts: 17,424
    well.... got the brochure AND had to go to the dealer and test drive.

'13 Stang GT; '86 Benz 300E; '98 Volvo S70; '12 Leaf; '14 Town&Country

Good point - dealing with some salespeople at the dealers wouldn't be worth $50 to me. :D

I gotta imagine salespeople hate those offers. Probably increases the rate of tire kickers by a wide margin.

• kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 29,134
    Heck... that's what we do for fun.. :surprise:

$50 on top of it? Pure gravy..

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

Some of us found Edmunds looking to save money and figure out tricks like Blast Fax and email buying since we are loathe to visit dealers.

And some of y'all are charter members of Chronic Car Buyers Anonymous LOL.

And some of y'all are charter members of Chronic Car Buyers Anonymous

and a good reason why folks like that (including me) shouldn't be given incentive to visit dealer! ;b
    That's like paying an alcoholic to drink!

• kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 29,134
    That's like paying an alcoholic to drink!

Please post the info on that offer!!

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

;b

I just got an email from Pontiac offering "GET $2,500 CASH BACK ON ANY 2007 G6.*"

There's no limitation set forth on who can use the email offer, so I assume it's a widely available incentive. The * just says to buy before 11/19.

• ateixeiraateixeira Posts: 72,587
    True, but I'm sure they're rather have tire kicker traffic in the showroom vs. none at all.

The car market is slow because of the credit crunch, and some predict a dismal 2008 for car sales.
  • isellhondasisellhondas Issaquah WashingtonPosts: 17,741
    Most Blast Faxes end up where they belong. In the garbage.
    That's how I negotiated the price on my last new car. Worked great and I didn't waste a lot of time at the dealer. If the dealer isn't willing to put stuff in writing via fax or email, I'll shop somewhere else, even if it means shopping a different brand.

• isellhondasisellhondas Issaquah WashingtonPosts: 17,741
    Oh, I'll answer the Blast Faxers. I'll tell them once they get all of their numbers together to call me and let me know what they have.

A sutbbon person won't, but most people will and there aren't many numers I can't beat if I have to.

I would like to find out which website has that stupid form blast fax letter.
    To me using e-mail makes more sense nowadays.

Just get e-quotes and print them out. Also print out prices for local no-haggle dealers.

No more driving all around town to several different dealers.

Like isell mentioned, once you've done this research, you're bound to get the best deal.
    Just got a $25 offer to test drive a new Saturn. Not sure how I got on that mailing list, though we did test drive an Outlook last year.

I'll probably go try out a Vue Redline, I've been curious about those anyway.

The last generation had a good powertrain but the worst steering I think I've ever sampled (completely numb electric PS assist) and horrible seats as well. Let's see if they've addressed those 2 issues I had.
  • You're probably referring to the one on fightingchance.com.
    To me using e-mail makes more sense nowadays.

Me too - back in Dec. '98 when I last bought new, email hadn't hit critical mass. So now you just Blast Email. :-)

Blast Fax Car Buying

Backcountry has 20% on various Yakima rack parts right now. Put Yakima in the search box.

Hard to believe you can pay $24 just for one pair of Q-clips and that's on sale, but what are you going to do?

One year subscription

These "trade" magazine freebies die without notice and sometimes they just never show up, but right now this deal appears to be live. I don't read much dead tree stuff anymore but if you like holding glossy paper in your hands, go for it.

Winner’s choice of any current GMC Vehicle value not to exceed $61,000. ARV based on 2008 Manufacturers Suggested Retail Price of a base model. US only, 18 years old. See rules for other restrictions.

link

There's a GM hybrid contest at the GMC.com link too.

"How would you Sync your life? That's the question Ford and Microsoft are hoping people will want to answer by making a video and uploading it to the Sync Your Life Web site.

In Ford's current series of Sync commercials, regular folks try to command everyday objects by speaking to them Sync style. A large man in a white bathrobe says "curtains, close" then drops his robe to get dressed — only the curtains don't close and the neighbors are horrified. Clearly, creativity will play a big part in determining the winners. Current submissions include "Mother-in-law, mute" and "Hair, grow." We're going to throw out "Diaper, change" and see if that one sticks."

"Sync Your Life" Contest: Win a Ford Focus (Inside Line)

Geared towards the Central Atlantic region but open to all in the US except FL, NY and RI. Licensed drivers only, 18 years old.

2008 Camry Sweepstakes

free subscription

Usual disclaimers. :)

Edmunds Savvy Shopper Sweepstakes - win cash by guessing the MSRP of a featured car.

Edmunds Extras Games, Giveaways, Videos and More.

hey, come on now. I had that Grand Caravan correct. The game designer must have left off the appearance package that it apparently had thanks to the pic that included body-colored side moulding and aluminum wheels. ;P

• joel0622joel0622 Posts: 3,302
    hey, come on now. I had that Grand Caravan correct. The game designer must have left off the appearance package that it apparently had thanks to the pic that included body-colored side moulding and aluminum wheels. ;P

Typical bait and switch :)