Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2008 Chrysler Town & Country/Dodge Grand Caravan

1222324252628»

Comments

• mwc1mwc1 Posts: 3
    I had the same problem, it was the EGR valve, replaced it ran smooth again and stopped stalling. The T/C light does that when the engine dies and not related to the EGR valve. Bottom line is to replace EGR and it will be back to normal
  • Thanks for the message, the car finally gave them an error code for the EGR valve and they replaced it. The car has not stalled since they replaced that valve. I am so happy that the problem has been solved. I wish it would have given that error code sooner!
  • brd3brd3 Posts: 6
    I had intermittent electrical issues with my 2008 T&C. Just crazy stuff that the dealer could not find the cause of the problem. Finally when the driver side electrical windows did not go up or down the dealer found the wire harness in the driver side door had a short and was causing all of the problems. When the new wire harness was installed all the issues stopped with the door locks, windows, rear licsence plate light, all the dash board lights going on or off, headlights going off at night, wipers going on or off ect.. The sliding door wire harnesses have been recalled and replaced and that manufacturer probably made the door wire harnesses.
  • tsu670tsu670 Posts: 289
    Thanks for your informative update. If it wouldn't be too much trouble, I wonder if you would be willing to add a record of your experience, including the fix, on the NHTSA ODI (National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Office of Defects Investigation) website at http://www.safercar.gov/Vehicle+Owners (click "File a Complaint" and please include your vehicle identification number). This could help a lot of folks out there that have the same issue. Thx.
  • timothyftimothyf Posts: 40
    Hi, I have a 2008 T&C Limited. The left side of the center front heating control console light is out. Does anyone know the correct bulb/led replacement part and repair steps needed to get the light back on? I would assume that its a light bulb and not a fuse? Thanks
  • timothyftimothyf Posts: 40
    I have a 2008 T&C Limited with 120k. Does anyone know when the front struts usually go or how to tell if they are bad? Should you replace the springs as well then? The maintenance schedule stops at 120k, anyone know where to find the schedule to 200k? Thanks
  • tc2008tc2008 Posts: 1
    My family bought a used 2008 Chrysler Town and Country, still under manufacturers warranty. Problems started occurring a year later; check engine light goes on and off, alarm goes off while driving....I remember the dealer who sold me the car told me there were 2 batteries for the vehicle; 1 for the main components like the ignition, interior lights, instrument cluster..etc, and the other for the computer controls like power windows, power side doors, navigation...I just started having problems, so I'm just writing to tell other owners to check the owners manual for BOTH BATTERIES. If one goes bad, the other one cannot compensate. Just a guess and I hope a good one.