Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ford Expedition

Comments

• jrc346jrc346 Posts: 337
    Rest assured, that is your air suspension pump-that is unless you don't have the air suspension?
  • svofan2svofan2 Posts: 440
    Does any one knows if the cross bars on the luggage rack for Expedition 2005 are the same as the cross bars found in 2002,2003 and 2004?..... hard to believe but I just purchased an EB 2005 Expi and it has just about everything BUT the cross bars..when I inquired about them i was told that the cross bars are a separate item to be purchased for about $180.00 from dealer. I have someone in EBAY selling a pair ($60,00) of these cross bars and I could save some money..but they came from an EXPI 2002...thanks for the help
  • amorejonamorejon Posts: 1
    Hello, I am in the process of putting the K & N filter kit in my 5.4 Expedition and would like to know if you also had to change any of the exhaust system to accomodate the increase of air intake. I am doing this to improve my towing HP and gas milage.

I appreciate you info.

A.Morejon
  • steverstever YooperlandPosts: 40,016
    Check out K&N Air Filters, bolt-on power? too.

Steve, Host

Need help navigating? stever@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

• wkohlerwkohler Posts: 74
    It sounds like you've already bought the kit. :( If you do install this, please note that if your vehicle is still under warranty, most dealerships will deny any warranty work associated with changing the intake and MAF sensor issues REGARDLESS OF WHAT K&N TELLS YOU. With that said, be careful not to apply too much oil when servicing your filter so as not to cause problems with your MAF sensor. I did have a K&N (just the filter) on my 03 Expedition about a year after purchasing the vehicle new. I noticed NO improvment in performance or mileage with the K&N. The only difference I noticed was a little more intake noise during acceleration.
  • I had the FIPK kit on my '99 Expedition with the 5.4 and also on a '96 Explorer with the 5.0 and noticed no change in anything except intake noise. I would save my money given the option again. I had to learn that lesson twice but I'm pretty sure I understand it now. Never had any MAF issues but was careful about oiling. All told I probably had around 60k miles using the K&Ns.
  • fitguyfitguy Posts: 222
    Have had the filter only on my 4.6 for about 8 months; slight improvement in towing performance and about 1.5 mpg increase. No MAF issues so far. I've never heard of exaust mods needed to accomodate increased airflow, but I'm no expert.
  • belle6belle6 Posts: 1
    I bought my 97' Ford Expedition 8 months ago, and nothing but problems.
    I drive it off the lot and the battery died.

2 weeks later, they had to replace the fuel pump after the vehicle left me stranded in a bad area., it was still under warranty. So they fixed it.

4 months later, the transmission failed and left me stranded on the road again. That cost me $2500.

3 months after that, in fact, today, the fuel pump went out again, and there are also problems with the fuel filter plug and the ignition coils.

Oh yeah, and the rear winshield wipers do not work! Haha-Very funny Ford

I am so done with Fords, this is my first American car and I regret it. I have always bought Japanese in the past, and had no problems. I will buy Japanese or German after this thing dies on me, which after reading about all the head gasket problems with these things, I am sure won't be long! So long Ford!
  • gheimurgheimur Posts: 88
    I have a 2004 EB and it came with the cross bars. I would go to the dealer
    or other dealers and see if they are installed on the 2005's and than go do
    what you have to do with the dealer
  • 307web307web Posts: 1,033
    Someone dumped an 8-year old problem used vehicle on you.
  • For '05 are an option so it really doesn't mean much if the ones on the lot have them or not.
  • gheimurgheimur Posts: 88
    Look at the sticker
  • chuck1chuck1 Posts: 1,405
    Sorry to hear about your problems. By my calculations, your vehicle (at average use) should have over 100,000 miles on it. Is this correct?
    Anybody have any figures for REAL WORLD MPG. The sticker says 14 city/19 highway. Any experience out there? I am thinking of the 2 wheel drive model.
    Thanks in advance. :D
  • impissedimpissed Posts: 3
    :confuse: Don't get one.Try another vehicle before you go epedition or ford for that matter. I have hade nothing problems from the day I drove it off the lot. : :lemon:
    Your best bet, rather than spending all kinds of money everytime you wash your truck, is get brake pad covers. I've heard they work great. One time investment for alot less agrevation.
    I sympathize. ;)
    I'm no expert, I'm having my truck serviced today, and they call and tell me I need new brakes. I only have 20,000 miles on it. It's just over a year old. Is this normal?
    They said it's because I drive too fast and I'm heavy on the brakes . I've never had this problem with any of my other cars. Believe me, I've had plenty.
    Someone help...please respond. :lemon: ?
    My wife's '02 Explorer which is about 930 pounds less than your expedition, needed brakes at just about 30K. It is not unreasonable to have brakes on your vehicle at 20,000 miles. I know guys who could have gone through them in half the miles!!
  • biglibbiglib Posts: 3
    I'm in the middle of negotiating a lease on another Expedition. I'm debating whether I should wait until the 2006 models come out vs. getting into a 2005. The residual value on the 2005 is 47%. Does anyone have an idea of what the 2006 residual value will be, and also about how much more a 2006 will be vs. 2005?

Thanks
  • biglibbiglib Posts: 3
    Ditto that, both my neighbor and I have Expeditions, my neighbor went through his brakes in just over 15,000 miles (Blames his wife), I on the other hand lasted about 28,000 miles. Its not the quality of the car, but the driver.