Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ford Expedition

1777879808183»

Comments

• miahyattmiahyatt Posts: 1
    :confuse: First I want to start out by saying that Ford is a car that I will never buy ever again. I purchased my car with 70k miles on it. The first problem was the brakes that had to be replaced two months after purchase. Come to find out the brakes where forced on and they where on backwards. I did not purchase my car at a buy here pay here place. It was purchased at Keith Hawthorn Ford Dealership. I said that because dealerships say that they do 12 point inspection before they sell their cars. Not True. Second, three months after that i had to replace my ball barons ( if I am saying this right) on both sides of my car. Costing more than1,000.00. Third, the curse control had to be fixed twice because of a recall. Forth and so on and so on my spark plugs ( if i am naming the right item again) was constantly misfiring and I was continusly replacing. Then the bracket that holds the windshield wipers broke 6 times since i have had this car for the past 4 years. My windshield wipers are always going out. I have had a full tune up twice in one year , this is the first year of the purchase. The first year and a half of having my 1997 expedition i forked out 3,500.00 or more. The repairs never and still have not stopped. This car was not worth 17k and never have received a phone call from the owner of Keith Hawthorn. I have been calling him from day one and till tis day I haven't heard a thing. I even go up there and sit and wait ............nothing. Who else has had this problem and what should I do? To save some time. I can't trade it in because of the miles ( i kept the oil changed on or before time because of my traveling) everywhere I go I find myself fixing something else. Tune ups where done more than need the car will be paid for by the end of this year. :mad: :cry:
  • gellisgellis Posts: 1
    Did you ever resolve this problem? I have a 2003 EB and with 73k and all of sudden all the warning lights go on, the car will run w/o the key, won't let me put it in reverse. HELP!!
  • Hello, I remember my husband finding a silent recall for his 2003 Expedition regarding brakes giving off brake dust and getting new porcelain brake pads free by going into the ford dealer and announcing what he knew. The rims stay very clean now. He may have found this out through Blue Oval board?

Also we are having many problems with a thumping noise from the rear a/c depending on the setting we use, I have seen the responses from everyone experiencing this, too bad not a recall item, can someone please point out which part and process, it was not clear to me. Thank you very much.
  • That would be ceramic brake pads, not porcelain.
    Does the thumping go away when you switch from floor to ceiling vents or when you change the temperature mix?
  • Thanks for correcting. The thumping noise goes away when we lower the temperature setting for the rear a/c.
  • The thumping is a broken blend door actuator. There are two of them in the back. One controls the blend door for temparature, the other for which vents the air goes to. Sounds like yours is the temperature one, which is the harder of the two to switch. It is located inside the plastic housing under the right hand rear quarter window, far forward near the second row seats. There are two ways to get at it - one that involves taking all the trim off from the hatch opening all the way up to and including the trim around the second row door and the seat belt mount to allow you to take off the whole plastic housing. I've read that people have also just done it blind by reaching in from the cup holder and "change tray" openings in the plastic housing. One sure way to test that it is in fact that actuator would be to unplug the other one and confirm that you still have the noise. That one is easy to get at - it is just under the "change tray", and slightly forward. It is a small beige box, about the size of a big deck of cards. The electrical connection to it is right there - just unplug it and see if the problem goes away. To get the change tray out, just grab it along the long edge and flex it inward. It is held in by little arrow heads and you just need to flex them away from the edge of the plastic housing that they are grabbing onto.
  • Have a 99 EB Expedition. The Air Suspension will leak down completely overnight. When engine started after the leakdown, the pump runs for about 20 seconds and fully restores the height by about 3 inches.

Since it takes a long time to leakdown, I presume there is a leak, but I do not know exactly how system works. Is there a single vent solenoid that can drain both shocks ?? They both leak down equally.
  • is it safe to switch from autocraft 5w20 to havoline motor oil ?
  • Is it possible to get just the hinges to the flip down DVD screen for an 04' Ford Expedition? Or would I be better off just replacing the whole unit?

Thanks,
    jtharrison
  • zonaguyzonaguy Posts: 1
    Hi all, I am a newbie to this forum. I have been searching for several hours with no results yet on my problem. I have a 2001 EB Expedition with 172K miles. I was getting a 0308 error code and was told it was the #8 cylinder giving the problem. I went out to the car with my 15 year old son to try to teach him a thing or two and wound up over my head. Trying to get to the #8 coil and plug is near impossible. I finally tried to remove the chrome bar (fuel rail?) over the fuel injectors to get better access (big mistake) That didn't seem to help so I tried to put it back together. When I lifted it originally the three front injectors came out of the manifold, the fourth (#8) came of the top of the injector. Apparently there is an o-ring that fits on the injector that came off and went someplace unknown. When I turn on the ignition I get fuel spraying from the fuel rail over the injector. Have searched all over the engine area for the missing o-ring with no luck. Not really sure if there is an o-ring to begin with. I have checked with my fingers and it does not appear to be up in the fuel rail and is not on the fuel injector. Any help here will be greatly appreciated. Are there any web sites to go to with visual help? I was a mechanic back in the 60's but cars have changed a lot since then and I am way out of my league with current engine technology. Also any suggestions on getting to that #8 coils and boot easily? Hate to take it to a dealer, only one in my town for 200 miles and they take unfair advantage of their customers. I need my truck/car for work and downtime is especially painful. All thoughts are greatly appreciated.
  • alwaysfords2alwaysfords2 Posts: 288
    There are o-rings on the fuel rail, not sure what to siuggest for that. Maybe they stock just the o-rings at the dealer, or at a chain auto parts store. I've read about people going both ways on the need to take the rail off. Many say you don't need to. Have you ever had the plugs done? At 172 it is high time. Could be either a plug or cop issue as the cause of your original problem. I paid to have my plugs done at 130k, ran a little over $400 but I couldn't afford the down time should something go wrong. I didn't do the cops or boots, and will hit those as needed. You can get a set of 8 on ebay for around 90 bucks or pay the dealer 90 each.
  • yorkieluvyorkieluv Posts: 1
    Does the front drive train turn or move when disengaged while driving?
  • Stever@EdmundsStever@Edmunds YooperlandPosts: 39,047
    A reporter would like to speak to someone who recently bought a used large truck or large SUV. If you have purchased a used large truck or SUV in the past 6 months, and you are willing to discuss your decision with a reporter, please email PR@edmunds.com no later than 1 p.m. Pacific/ 4 p.m. Eastern Wednesday, April 18, 2012 with your daytime contact information.
  • Sure wish I'd seen this a month ago.. As many Expeditions from the early 200's I suddenly saw on the roads of California this year, I was hoping it was a good sign, but doesn't look that way unfortunately. I have msgs. # 65 and 66 under Expedition fuel pump problems. Most people probably have my problem and don't even know it! Some of us are current and need answers. Please keep in touch if you see anything to resolve my "deflection of guages"/ fuel pump issue.
  • ok, I have a 2001 Expedition, and I found some wires just hanging underneath the drivers side of the vehical. Not sure if it was cut or frayed or what. I have no idea where it even comes from or goes to. It's in a wiring harness this I know. So would anyone know what it could be??? :confuse:
  • Has anyone had experience with this? It relates to a TSB about "bumping" noise heard/felt when coming to a stop.

Dealer wants $120 to do the work, but I'm wondering if it's something that will get progressively worse or if it can be left alone.

Thanks!
  • I have a 2003 Eddie Bauer Expedition 4.6L V8 that has a messed up wiring harness that controls all the coils, etc. (Part K09) and need to know what other years have that same compatible part, since my local Pick-n-Pull doesn't have this year in stock. Thanks for reading.