Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mazda CX-9 Accessories

Comments

• jcpharmjcpharm Posts: 92
    thanks rabadash!
    i wasn't even looking at soft cases....are they durable? my concern is that stuff could shift weight easily and throw off the center of gravity of the car in motion moreso than with a rigid. any other opinions out there?
  • nuzynuzy Posts: 54
    I don't think you need to worry about that. They strap down pretty tight.

I have a soft top carrier and the biggest issue I have with it is that if you are taking a trip and need to stay overnight at a hotel, they are easily broken into with a utility knife. You can, of course, unload the whole thing, but that takes time. Outside of that though, I like all the advantages mentioned above.
  • "Do you know what I would need to carry two kids' bikes (16" wheel size, I think) -- should I get the tow hitch installed when choosing options? Thanks! "

I'm very interested in recommendations for this as well....
  • cericceric Posts: 1,093
    The factory hitch has 2 1/4" opening. After-market hitches have 3" opening.
    Most bike racks come with adapters for 2 1/4->3 or vice versa.
    Factory hitch only comes with TOW package (unless you ask dealer to order the part and install it at dealers). The factory hitch is more expensive (~$200).
    However, aftermarket hitches can be had for $150 shipped. Installation only takes about 30 minutes with torque wrench.

The factory hitch is better integrated within the bumper. Aftermarket one sits below the bumper.

To carry bikes only, you definitely don't need the TOW package. :)
  • imamgimamg Posts: 136
    I have a soft case I use for our Cx9... they work great. once you strap things down tightly... they don't move.
    The factory is actually an 1 1/4, with the next size up being 2 inches.
    Low riders do indeed work... I used the original cross tops on mine that I kept from our MPV. If you already have the side rails... and previous yakima accessories... then for sure go for the low rider towers.
    I stand corrected. 1 1/4" and 2". :)
  • maltbmaltb Posts: 3,572
    Has anyone seen these? They are similar to the CX-7 as they have fixed mounting for use without the rails. I happen to have a set I no longer need.
  • I can report that Yakima EZRiders do not work with the CX-9 factory roof rails. They do not seem to open wide enough to grab around the bottom of the rail. I was able to get them to grab inside the slot in the rail but I'm not sure the rail is strong enough on the inside of the slot to make this safe.
    Here's what I know... The ones we used on our MPV from before... work on our CX9... I know too that I did have to take the claw all the way off the mount it onto the rack/rails... it's not the most convenient way but... it does work... we used the 58inch bars from before with the setup. Yakima does not list it (we're a Yakima dealer also). ">
  • Just received and installed roof rack crossbars, all weather floor mats, cargo cover (short) and cargo net. Purchased from Mazdaparts.org for $350. All installed in under an hour - no surprises, no problems. All genuine mazda parts, and of same quality as rest of the car (above average). Cargo net is extremely versatile - and can be used in several different ways - envelope style, as well as floor net in both the 3rd row seat up and down positions. The rear cargo mat does prevent easy access to the two hidden cargo areas, but will keep the mud out of the car, so I will deal with that.

Two thumbs up for Mazdaparts.org and their free shipping, and Mazda for the reasonably priced (compared to my Honda) and high quality accessories. Oh yeah - for $5 i had them toss in a can of touch-up paint.
  • Love my '08 GT....but...have had issues with my cargo cover. :mad: I had to replace 4 times because the roller didn't work. Either too tight and didn't open or got slack and wouldn't close. :confuse: Finally got one that seemed to be okay but now has lost its' springability to fully spring open....again..... It sags :cry:

No, I do not abuse it and am very gentle with it. ;) Just wondering if they have perfected it or if you have experienced the same issue? I hope not!! Although time will tell!!
  • What exactly is Package 1CD? It says it's a 6 CD Changer (ok, obvious) with a 4.3" Multi Information Display w/rearview camera.

I've never heard of a review camera without a Navigation system, but apparently this has it.

So, without a Navigation system, what else does this MID display when you aren't backing up?

EDIT: Nevermind, I finally figured it out. It's a little display inside the rear view mirror.
  • howardruhowardru Posts: 155
    Sorry, but the GTS with the power rear lift-gate doesn't have that as an option.
    I guess that is saving me some frustration.
  • i doubt one could fit a 4.3" display in a rearview mirror :surprise:
  • I have been looking at the CX-9. I can't justify 1,900 bucks for a GPS that is not going to be as good as my Garmin portable... but I also can't get over how bloody ugly the center console is without the NAV.
    So, the 4.5" MID is the middle ground. It comes with the Bose Audio & Moonroof, but without the Nav. And it does provide the backup camera....
    ... BUT... no one has a clue what it looks like. I have called several dealers, and written Mazda an e-mail requesting a photo and a spec sheet on what its "Multi-Functions" are... It sounds like the right answer, but I can't for the life of me find any info about it.
    I'm surprised that Mazda does not follow boards like this to answer questions.
  • you're absolutely right...the NAV is no better than a garmin. the MID will give you touchscreen access to your audio output (CD/aux/XM sat/blue tooth/FM AM) as well as some other bluetooth features (you can control via touchscreen and voice-activated)....how much cheaper is the MID WITHOUT NAV than with NAV? i can't imagine it's that much cheaper....
  • Have a 2009 CX9 with the Assistance Package for which I am looking to buy a Cargo Cover.

Unfortunately the cargo covers I have managed to find state that they are unsuitable for models with the power liftgate option. I was hoping for any suggestions on where to find a cargo cover that is compatible with the power tailgate.

Thanks
    None exists as far as I know. :(
    OE GPS has some advanges for a whole lot more money.
    - takes speed input
    - take steering angle (from gyro sensor) input
    With both, the OE GPS can extrapolate your current position as much as possible in the event/at the locations when SAT signals are not sufficient (such as in tunnels, in parking structure, on forest trails, among tall buildings, etc.)
    Agree, it is very expensive. If you take out the extras that come with the Assist package, the GPS costs about $800. (backup camera costs a lot also if you ask dealers to install one for you - even just the mirror type). The OE camera costs about $300-400 from dealers.

In addition, the cheapest map update for OE GPS is $199, while your portable GPS' maps can be updated for much less money ($49?).
  • Hello,
    Does anyone know if it is difficult to install roof rails on this car. Does it require anything special? I see 3 closed plugs on each side on the roof. I am thinking to buy them and install myself.
    Any good web site to get them?

Thanks in advance
    Very very very very easy. Anyone who can operate a screw driver can do it in 10-20 minutes. Watch out for the covers. Don't break the tabs on the inside when putting them on. It would be nice if you have a torqued screw driver, but it is really not mandatory.

I bought mine from mazdaparts.org (a Mazda dealer) with free shipping (which is important since those things are long)
    Compare the price with waynemazda.com also. Sometimes one is cheaper than the other if you factor in the S&H.
  • Does anyone know where I can find the installation instructions for the 2010 CX-9 fog light installation.

I have the 2007-2009 version, but I'd like to see the 2010 one.

Thanks.
  • vg33e powervg33e power Posts: 314
    Go into any Mazda dealer and ask for them, they will print them out for you at no charge or you can call and ask them to fax them to you.
    2010 or else.
    You need to take the bumper off.
    That makes it complicated.

And, think about the fact that you will have to put everything back on.
    :sick:
  • Taking the bumper off doesn't really bother me, I can do it. And yes, I can put it back on correctly.

I just wanted to know if the 2010 is any different than the other years.

The dealer I bought the car from, told me it would cost around $700, installed, for fog lights. Since the parts are $599.23 (list), that's not a lot for labor charges. So maybe the 2010 has more pre-installed (such as the wiring harnesses?) than the other years?

For perspective, one dealer wanted $450 for roof rails, yep $200 to install them!
    Parts are about $490 (for both fog lights) here.
    www.mazdaparts.org (free S&H)
    There are other places that go even lower in price.
    I think near $460 is possible.
    Try www.waynemazda.com.

If you can install them, go right ahead.
    Mazda accessories usually come with installation instructions.
    Not sure about "parts".
  • davichodavicho Posts: 190
    So I've had my all weather mats now for 11 months and the driver's front mat has generated a hole where my heel rests while my foot is on the accelerator. I called a Mazda dealer because I know that most genuine Mazda Parts/Accessories have a 12 month warranty...BZZZ wrong, not the mats, according to the parts advisor on the phone Mazda does not cover them because it is a "normal wear item". I am sorry, but I have had all weather mats on a previous Honda Accord and a Nissan Frontier, that by the way, saw many many trips to the desert and offroading trips and neither generated a hole on them. I think its Mazda's poor choice of choosing a company to make these all weather mats that are made of this soft compound instead of real rubber or at least a more durable material.. :mad: Either way I am SOL...
  • Have a 2010 CX-9 with GPS. Big waste of $$$$$ It cannot find a Home Depot in the three statres I tried. Also the night feature is already gone bad in on 2000 miles. My garmin at $200 is so far superior. It is impossible use when moving. You need to stop to put in a new destination unless it is a POI of which the selection is scarce. I tried to find a Costco near where I live in the unit and it sends me 25 south when there are three much closer. Save your money.