Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mazda CX-9 Accessories

124»

Comments

• Hi all,
    I just got a rear view camera kit installed in my sport. Very dumb of mazda not to prewire the car for the camera. Anyway the installation instructions talk about routing the video wire from the front to the back lift gate. To get to the back lift gate, the wire has to be routed through a rubber grommet at the top. Now the instructions warn about not removing the rubber grommet but rather using a fish tape to route through the rubber grommet hole without removing it. I guess to make installation easier, the dealer installer removed the rubber grommet and put it back. Unfortunately the installation instructions were right and the rubber grommet did not form a tight seal when the rubber grommet was put back. Does anyone know how to put the wiring rubber grommet back once its been pried off? Its at the back of the roof and all the rain water flows over it so any gaps will make rain water to get inside the rear gate.
    Any ide how to fix this? The dealer is still trying to figure out how to fix this. Would a new rubber grommet fix this? but that would require removal of a lot of wires which probably will cause more problems. Can I just use a bit of silicone glue?
    Thanks in advance!
  • The fact that the navigation system still runs off a DVD rom whould have given you a hint :)
    DVD rom based nav systems are so 2005
  • davichodavicho Posts: 190
    Silicone the perimeter of the rubber grommet.
  • "Silicone the perimeter of the rubber grommet. "
    Thats what I was thinking too. Any particular brand you would recommend? It has to be flexible and has to stick to car paint and the rubber grommet. There are just too many silicone sealants available in the market!
  • davichodavicho Posts: 190
    I have never used it myself but DAP makes one that is Automotive/Marine grade. Item #00694
  • novice_kpnovice_kp Posts: 6
    Anyone has experience buying accessories from www.buyourmazdaparts.com? I am thinking of getting floor mats, cargo net/tray. I have not found anywhere cheaper than this dealership. Anyone has some other places to suggest?
  • cx9zoomcx9zoom Posts: 2
    I have a 2010,cx9 and checked everywhere to find a siruis radio that would work, I was told I good get a aftermarket and attach it somewhere. I wanted the Mazda radio.. I made a deal at the dealer for the radio and the install. I paid @90.00 for the radio and kit toi install and 285.00 for installation.. They have to take the dash completely apart... The sport has the SAT button already on the dash.... I love it, it works great, plus you get 6 months free service from mazda.
    The vehicle has been great so far. I also went and had a aftermarket side molding put on and a trailer hidge....
  • cx9zoomcx9zoom Posts: 2
    My 2010 mazda sport has cloth front heated seats and I would like to know if anyone who has one have had to clean there seats and if there is a special cleaner because of the heated seat.. Are the heat elements protected so you can just get a cleaner or is there something recommended for them. Thanks, T
  • Does anyone have any CX9 car cover recommendations/stories?
124»