Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Jeep Grand Cherokee Security System Questions

2»

Comments

• xxxalienxxx0xxxalienxxx0 Posts: 1
    edited July 2013
    The same thing happened to me. I have a 98 Jeep Grand Cherokee and after we grounded the wire the light under my hood stayed on and I didn't know it was on and my battery died. You are completely right. Do you know how to properly disable the alarm?
  • Fix/disable alarm:
    This was happening to me and it would be very frustrating with the alarm. I would lock the doors and the alarm would sound once I would go to unlock. I would have to go to the passengers side and use the key to turn off the alarm.

Permanent Disable:
    This is a simple fix once you know where to look and what to do. Open up the glove box and remove the door to the glove box. Then remove the 4 (7mm) bolts. Once this is accomplished remove the rest of dash on the passenger side. Once this is done look at where the glove box was and there is some wires sticking out off to the left. These wires go to the alarm unit that is held in with only 2 Phillips head screws. Take out those screws then remove the plastic box from behind the dash. Finally start your jeep, ONCE THE JEEP IS RUNNING unplug the alarm. The computer will recognize that the alarm is still there from this point forward.

Using this fix action you will not have an alarm, but you will be able to lock the doors and not worry about the alarm killing your battery.

I hope this helps!

1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee
2»