Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Vacation Travel Plans, Suggestions, Advice

18910111214»

Comments

• Now.. y'all know what we all know..

Kentucky is special.. ;)

Moderator - Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• euphoniumeuphonium Great Northwest, West of the Cascades.Posts: 3,305
    Where in KY do you Alpine ski? Mountain Climb? (not hills, mountains)???
  • Actually, you can ski in Lawrenceburg, IN.. which is just 5 miles from the KY border...

We climb down our mountains, not up (see Mammoth Cave).. ;)

• Stever@EdmundsStever@Edmunds YooperlandPosts: 38,931
    It was fun seeing the signs for the Big South Fork, the Obed system and other Class IV boating streams I used to canoe "back in the day".
  • The Big South Fork area is pretty cool... Some great roads down there, as well..

From TN we went to my sister's near Winchester Virginia for a few days. Today we went back to Port Huron via WV, PA, MD and some of the Amish country of Ohio. Saw quite a few buggies on the 4 lane we were on (not an Interstate). Lots of pretty hill country on that route - Wheeling seemed to be an especially nice spot.
    If you watch the HG network, you've likely seen some ads for this park in South Dakota. We spent a couple of days there recently and it's really nice. Great scenic drives, including views of Rushmore as you leave the park area heading north, and the hoodoos on the Needles drive and around Sylvan Lake will make you think you're in Yosemite. Similar granite that you'll see in parts of the Sierra. Lots of critters too, including buffalo.

We were there after Sturgis and after the schools reopened. I could imagine it getting a bit busy in high season.
18910111214»