Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GMC Yukon XL and Yukon XL Denali

1126127128129130132»

Comments

• folsomg10folsomg10 Posts: 1
    I have this problem, new to site, cannot figure out how to get to the messages you state in your post " I have answered many questions on this "air temperature sensor" in a variety of messages on the "Chevy Tahoe (SUV)" board in messages #'s between 5563 - 5608.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 29,850
    edited June 2011
    Start reading here: Chevy Tahoe

circutmann replies to this post a few posts down from this one..

regards,
    kyfdx

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• kckpm1kckpm1 Posts: 1
    I have a 05 Denali XL, My check ride control light came on cost me $1800.00. Burnt up compressor and two $600 air shocks.

Mad at my Denali
  • Our 2008 Yukon XL 4WD also had this problem and it was "fixed" a few months ago. Now, the warranty is just a couple of months over 3 years and the mileage is just over 36,000 and the front passenger door lock is doing the same thing. The only way it will lock or unlock is to manually push/lift the lock. Is there a recall for this because I really don't want to pay for what is an obvious problem on the manufacturer's end of things.
  • I see that you have recently had your door locks repaired, and that you are starting to experience this again. Can we look into this further for you? Please send us an email with more information, including: your name/username and contact information (phone and address), the last 8 digits of your VIN and current mileage, the name of your involved dealership and a description of the times you've been in for this specific concern (lock/unlock problems). This will help us look into your vehicle's information for you to see if there are any open recalls, and to get a Customer Assistance Case established for you.

Best,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • should of just went after market on those parts and saved over 1000 dollars...... thats just me though. I see it all the time that people take their cars to the dealers and they get sucked dry.
  • My rear door locks on my truck will NOT LOCK using the key fob(the front DOES), but they WILL UNLOCK with the key fob, but will not lock when engaging the gear shift or key fob. I have to manually push the lock buttons down on the rear doors before I hit the lock button on the key fob. NOt sure if this is part of a recall I saw about 2006 and 2007 Gm vehicles having electrical problems with the door locks and windows. The Yukon was NOT on the list, but hoping this is an easy and CHEAP fix! I have seen posts of bad "actuators" but not sure that is my problem being that they do work with the key fob and button on the drivers door to UNLOCK. Anyone have simular problems this way? Love my truck, she's got 74,000 on her, hope she can go another 74K!

BTW- I had the oil consumption problem and my dealer went WAY up and above what I see folks here got to do the repair. Whole upper half of engine I think was practically replaced! I love my service manager at my dealer for being so patient and working so hard to help fix the problem. I feel very confident in my dealership's service!
  • Hello kutndry,

We're glad to hear that you've had such a positive experience with your dealership thus far! Given the description of your door lock concern, it may be more of a problem with your actual key fob (although please don't consider this an official GM diagnosis as we rely upon our service departments for this).

Let us know if you would like for us to check into anything for you! We can be reached at socialmedia@gm.com

Sarah, GM Customer Service
  • I just purchased this truck used last month from a VW dealership and want to take care of it as best I can. It has 70,000 miles on it and came without any service history. I want to use synthetic oil and a good filter to try and get the most mileage out of the engine. From what I can tell it looks like the Delco PF48 is the default oil filter. Some threads on other sites state that the PF63 will also work and gives a little added filter surface area. The bypass pressure spec is slightly different but is it going to make any difference in combination with a synthetic oil? I like the idea of a larger capacity filter when stretching oil changes beyond the normal 3,000 miles as with conventional motor oil. I'm leaning towards using the Purolator PureONE PL22500 which crosses to the Delco PF63 and from reading online, has great construction and filtration. Thanks for any input.
  • steverstever Viva Las CrucesPosts: 41,295
    edited November 2012
    3,000 mile oil changes haven't been normal for twenty years.

The factory recommended oil change for the 2008 Yukon Denali is every 10,000 miles. (link)

Minivan fan. Feel free to message or email me - stever@edmunds.com.