Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GMC Yukon XL and Yukon XL Denali

Comments

• buster27buster27 Posts: 28
    Earlier this weekend, people were asking about a $1000 customer loyalty coupon. Got mine in the mail today. It is good towards the purchase of a Chevy Suburban or Tahoe. No mention of being able to use it on a GMC Yukon XL/Yukon.
    I currently own a Chevy Suburban. Maybe current owners of GMC Suburbans will get a coupon for a GMC.
    The coupon is good through March 1 - June 30.
  • dfwk2500dfwk2500 Posts: 68
    Here is the link, hope it works:

http://forums.delphi.com/n/mb/message.asp?webtag=GMSUV&msg=65.1&hits=1,

After all those exchanges a month or so ago about posting other links, it is a wonder anyone knows what is "acceptable" any more.

• rdtaylorrdtaylor Posts: 21
    rb71 -

I don't think you would want to hide the electric brake controller. For safety, you need access to it for adjustment and/or manual activation.

There are correctly-spaced mounting holes provided on the bottom of the dash below the steering column (no screws needed - use 2 bolts).
    The controller is very innocuous when mounted.
  • dustyonedustyone Posts: 262
    It is not a rumor anymore. Just receive the rebate certificate in the
    mail. It is good for $1000 toward a 2001 Tahoe or Suburban if purchased
    between 3/1/01 and 6/30/01. Can be used with new or lease from stock
    or ordered vehicle as well as with other rebate or incentives. Currently own a '99 Tahoe and have ordered a '01 2500 4WD LT 3/1/01
  • stakeoutstakeout Posts: 173
    I was on the phone with Chevy Customer Service this morning.. transferred me to 1-800-950-2438 ' Chevy Incentives Customer Service'.. they said that all current Tahoe & Suburban owners would get one..if not, all you have to do is mention Loyalty Incentive Program & show proof of current ownership of Tahoe or Suburban.. very helpful ..

two hours later.. what do I receive in the mail.. yop.. the Chevy $1000 Loyalty Coupon...

since I own a '99 Suburban.. my wife's looking for a new 2001.Subn...great timing..

now the question is... should we wait for the new quarterly incentives to come out on 4/3/01 .. looking for a lease.. both Chevy & Ford quarters begin that day...

currently 36 mo residual on '01 Subn is 52%... butt the BAD point.. lease interest rate is 9.3%.. very very poor... what to do... need that Lease rate to come down at least 2 percentage points to get a decent deal... also been looking at an '01 Expedition E-B 4wd.. had one back in '97 when 24 mo. residuals were at a whopping super-good 76%.. those days are gone.. right now '01 Expedition 36 mo residual is 45% with 6% interest rate... plus $1000 cash back..

whoever makes the best deal gets it..basically same MSRP on both trucks at around $42K... sure would like my wife to use that $1000 Chevy Loyalty coupon.. we shall see.. it's her call since it's her truck.. I never ..repeat never.. tell her which one to pick.. it'll always come back to haunt ya' :)

thanx all for the help..
  • Thanks for the info on the coupons, very helpful and the timing is going to be perfect for me.
    Suburbansrule
  • rhanson3rhanson3 Posts: 69
    For those who have them, does it say they can or cannot be transferred to someone else. Is your name on them? I dont have a coupon but if I go the chevy rout, sure would like to save the money.
  • jamesk4jamesk4 Posts: 55
    I too inquired about the "Coupon" today. I found out that what the above posts stated is correct, however, there is one MAJOR restriction. You cannot use your Suburban coupon or title at a GMC dealer and you cannot use your GMC coupon or title at a Chevy dealer. Since I presently have a "burb", and now want to purchase a GMC YLX, guess what, I am out of luck.

I truly believe that General Motors would rather play games than sell vehicles. What difference does it make as long as I buy a GM SUV???????

Billion Dollar Corporation with a .50 (fifty cent) mindset.

No wonder sales are off.

I spoke with a GMC dealer today that said he was ready to call a bunch of customers that had "burbs" until he read the fine print.

If you feel like I do, go to the GM website and let them know your thoughts, we the public should have some say so since we are the ones spending our $40,000 on their SUV.
  • ppwagenppwagen Posts: 1
    My left front brake locks up during hard braking. I have replaced the cal, brake pads twice and turned the rotors. what now
    Does it look like you could give a non-gm owner the coupon to use? Or is your name printed right on it. Thanks
  • jgmilbergjgmilberg Posts: 872
    I have found a couple of dealerships that are part of "groups" where one dealer has an affiliation or owns other brands. Like my GMC dealer owns Oldsmobile/Cadillac/Pontiac and a couple of other dealerships. They are all under different names, so it is possible to buy the previous owners name and reputation. Have you looked into finding a dealer that has GMC and Chevy in the group? I don't know if it would make a difference or if they can "fudge" the paper work so that you can get the $1000 off. I do agree with you on GM's business sense. I work for them and from the inside it is really evident as well. Penny wise and dollar stupid. Also at the same time they know they have a product, Yukon XL and Suburban, that will sell every unit produced without much hassle or incentives needed, even in the softening economy people are tripping over each other to get one. I have found no real deals on financing as a result of this thinking.
  • stakeoutstakeout Posts: 173
    I posted a pic of my Loyalty Coupon I received yesterday at this URL if the pic below doesn't post up http://greengrouper.com/ggserver/Chevy1KLoyaltyCoupon.jpg

if you can read the small print.. .. "...non-transferable except for someone in the same household...."..also, according to Chevy Customer Service-Incentives at 1-800-950-2438.. if you currently own a Suburban or Tahoe all you have to do is show proof at the dealership and no coupon is needed..

it appears that they won't let you switch from Chevy to GMC or vice versa... maybe if someone out there is a GMC Yukon/Suburban owner and received their coupon.. they could post what their says..

ditto....on those p-nut brains at those Big Motorhead Corporations..

• drew_drew_ Posts: 3,382

Drew
    Host
    Vans, SUVs, and Aftermarket and Accessories message boards
  • dustyonedustyone Posts: 262
    " Also at the same time they know they have a product, Yukon XL and Suburban, that will sell every unit produced without much hassle or incentives needed, even in the softening economy people are tripping over each other to get one. "

Why then are so many on the dealers lots? Are all of the GM assembly plants working three shifts, seven days a week to produce these trucks? I don't think so.. Just my $0.02
  • csotbcsotb Posts: 8
    Thanks for the info We're taking the Sub to the dealer this week for its first oil change (~3100 miles, but I rather change early after the engine's break-in) and I'll ask them about the gauge reading as well as get them to look at the front passanger seatbelt retractor which is malfunctioning. If they shed any new light on the gas tank business I'll make a post.
  • cat1iacat1ia Posts: 16
    Just finished talking to *ignore* help desk 800-950-2438 about special incentives. 1) customer loyalty program applies to all chevy owners. All one needs to do is show proof of ownership and one will reciecve $1000.00 off our best deal. 2) Low APR in my region (Columbus, Ohio) does not apply as the person was unable to local Columbus as being on the list. This is done by counties for Low APR.
  • jgmilbergjgmilberg Posts: 872
    In my area, Detroit, MI the Suburbans and Yukon XL's are sold the same week and in most cases within 2 days of shipment. When they first came out you could find them fairly easy but as people saw them on the road they got snatched up. One reason that you may be seeing a lot of them in your area is that the dealer ordered them with/without popular options, like 4WD or leather interior, barn doors instead of liftgate, ect. I know that I didn't want to spend all that money and get a second rate piece of equipment, or be forced into something I didn't want. The price difference is not that much when you start looking in the price range of the 'Burbs, and XLs. Regular Yukon's and Tahoe's are almost littering the lots everywhere in my area though. The Indiana plant that builds 1/2 ton and a few of the 3/4 ton Yukon XL's, Denali XL's, and 'burbs only runs 2 shifts, talked to them at the Detroit Auto Show. GM would only run 6 days a week if the demand was really high, and never run 7 days a week, at least not in the US, by UAW/GM contract GM would have to pay workers time and a half on Saturday and DOUBLE TIME to work on Sunday, they are way too cheap for that. In Mexico there may be a different story, no union, and really cheap labor. My plant is shut down this week do to inventory status, too high, but the other plants are running, as far as I know. We build the DeVille, Seville, and Buick LeSabre. According to the finance guys at both the dealer and my bank, interest rates are based on demand of the vehicle,meaning that if everyone wants one they get whatever intrest rate want. Like the model end clearance sales, everyone wants the "new" model so they give you a deal on financing as a result of you taking the older model. This was one of the big problems with Chrysler, they came out with a new body style minivan and overbuilt the old style, and couldn't give the old ones away.
    where can I find information on what colors the fender trim comes in? I seem to remember that the trim no longer matches the body color in all cases. Thanks for your help.
  • If your talking about a chevy the exterior color chosen dictates the wheel flare color some colors such as the forest green will have color-keyed flares whether their as LS or LT other colors like victory red or indigo blue will have black flares on an LS and color-keyed on an LT. If they come with black flares they are always textured so that means you can't have them painted afterword. If you have a dealer print you a detailed report it will specify exactly what your getting. On a GMC their flares are basically a small black wheel lip molding on whatever color you get whether it's an LS or LT.
    Hope this helps,
    Suburbansrule
  • ppwagen...I recently sold my '96 'Burb and had a similar problem... Left front inboard disc brake shoe would stick and toast the Rotor. As is the case, local GM dealer said it was not a warranty claim ("burb had 18M miles). Took it to another dealer and he discovered that the brake casting had a "bump" in the slide rail and once the caliper rail went over it, it could not retract back. He touched it up with a rotary file and it worked perfect after that -- even with hard braking. Hope this helps. Brad