Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GMC Yukon XL and Yukon XL Denali

Comments

• sb55sb55 On an Island in VermontPosts: 182
    I saw an ad in the local paper for a loaded 2001 Chev. LT at about $6,000. off of the list price (42K down to 36K) on May 31. Unfortunately, there was some kind of dealer incentive that expired on May 31, so that was the last day at this price.
    Does anybody know of any incentive coming in June? I do currently own a '95, and want to use the loyalty rebate while I still can.

2007 Miata, 2010 BMW 535xiT, 2014 Chevy Silverado LT Ext. cab, 2006 Subaru Legacy Wagon

• cwhit3cwhit3 Posts: 6
    Can anyone tell me whether the 4WD Yukon XL rides any rougher on the Interstate than a 2WD? What about with Auto Ride? I am talking about the 1/2 ton truck. Thanks.
  • moznickmoznick Posts: 3
    Just a thanks for the comments. very helpful.
  • msncowtnmsncowtn Posts: 18
    to stakeout...just curious as to how a vehicle that new already has paint swirls....?

Mike/DFW
  • slipperyslippery Posts: 7
    I have a 4WD 1500 YXL and my buddy has a 2WD. His rides better. I have bad low back and notice every crack in the pavement. You can really tell the difference around town. On the highway it is less noticeable. I wish mine was 2WD. Only reason I bought 4Wd was to be able to tow it behind motorhome.
  • Afte much debate I settled for a YXL 1500 4X2 as opposesed to a 2500 4X2. With all the discounts ($4500 GM Card, $1,750 Dealer Cash/Loyalty, $1,000 coupon from GM for past burban problems I got close to $12,000 off sticker, Vehicle Sold at invoice. Sad to see my 94 burban go, great vehicle

Looking to put 285/70/16's in place of firestones. Tire dealers are scared thesed days to suggest alternate sizes. Anybody have experience with this size.

I am also looking to put on the wheel flares from the 2500 on the 1500. These are quite subtle and not as large as bushwackers. Any comments from would be appreciated.
  • ssmilesssmiles Posts: 35
    Acutally, I have had a few folks ask if my Z71 was a Burb or Tahoe. They didn't mention the size, but just the fact that the Z71's do not have the badging on the back which states "Suburban" or "Tahoe". Mine, as I am sure yours does, just says "Z71" on the left and "Chevrolet" on the right.
  • sloanesqsloanesq Posts: 60
    I just got my new Suburban about a week and a half ago and so far so good. Most importantly, the wife, who will be driving it the most, likes it too. Anyhow, we will probably be using it to carpool kids to school and the thought of all those wet & muddy sneakers on my pristine carpeted floor mats gives me the willies. Does anyone know a good place to purchase rubber mats for all three rows of seating?
  • ryanbabryanbab Posts: 7,240
    Sloan

check out my pictures at

http://www.picturetrail.com/ryanbab

for pics of my husky floor mats. They are awesome. Hold mud snow water very good. Just wipe em with a damp towel to clean em.

Z71 PKG someone mentioned their burbs going somewhere in indiana to be "customized" with the roof racks and such. Well friday afternoon i drove by the place that does them while on my way to ohio. They had about 3 dozen burbs in their back lot. Most of them were black. They had a few that were done and ready to ship. So if your waiting they are on their way.

Ryan

• msncowtnmsncowtn Posts: 18
    to pro2soccer......I have installed these flares on my 1500. They were just the right proportions in my opinion. Easy instal, and exact fit. I have posted pics of these at Delphi.com, GMSUV forum. I think the posting is under "aftermarket accys ".
    Mike/DFW
  • sloanesqsloanesq Posts: 60
    Ryanbab,

The mats look pretty good and black is the perfect color for my graphite interior. Is there an online store or chain store where I can get them?
  • ryanbabryanbab Posts: 7,240
    I got mine at

http://www.basspro.com

paid $49.99 for the front set. They have recently went up to $54.99.

also try

http://www.performanceproducts.com

i think they give a discount for buying complete sets (front and rear)

Ryan

• You can also check out the Catch-alls made by Nifty, those atr easy to clean just spray off with hose. I think that they look a little bit nicer. Cheapest website www.cabelas.com or
    www.autoaccessory.com You can look at them at
    www.nifty.com
  • blueburbblueburb Posts: 3
    Watch out with Performance Products. If you try to return anything to them they'll hit you for a 15% re-stocking fee and you'll have to pay shipping back to them! I've been quite disappointed with them.
  • fssrlkfssrlk Posts: 3
    You might try this site. I have 20" wheels and 305x50x20 tires. Looks great. And the ride is alot better than my 93 suburban

"http://www.miata.net/garage/tirecalc.html"

I picked my Yukon XL up just before Easter and My dealer in Alhambra, CA didn't know about the $1,000 coupon from GM for past burban problems. Do you know who I could talk to, to get my $1000.00

• stakeoutstakeout Posts: 173
    I know it sat on the dealer's lot for about two weeks...before we got it.. it doesn't take much butt a few washings with the wrong materials..by the dealer and not by me..

http://www.greengrouper.com/ggserver/May01$04a.jpg

• jgmilbergjgmilberg Posts: 872
    performance Products carries them and is running a 15% off Father's Day sale, so it might be worth ordering through them.
  • mnbuckymnbucky Posts: 16
    Good looking vehicles.... ...and cool chimney on the house.
  • chuckee98chuckee98 Posts: 39
    fssrlk - Do you have any photos of your truck with the 20" wheels? Is the truck stock height? I've been contemplating going from the 18" wheels that I have now to 20", but am concerned with the wheel gap at stock height since I have no plans on lowering the truck. My intention is to keep the same rolling diameter, so I will be using 305/45-20 tires.

Thanks.
  • jam1000jam1000 Posts: 182
    I'm considering purchasing a 2001 Tahoe. A local dealer is advertising $1500 below invoice on all Tahoes/Suburbans. Questions:

1) Is this likely to be the best deal out there?

2) How are 2001 owners satisfied with their Tahoes? Any particular problems? Have they been fixed?

3) Are owners satisfied with durability & reliability? Does "integrity" of the vehicle (e.g., freedom from squeaks, rattles) hold up after 15K miles or more?

4) Is build quality and fit-and-finish apt to be better or worse at any particular assembly plant(s)? If so, which ones and is there a way of telling (e.g., from the VIN)?

Many thanks for whatever info. people can provide.
  • gbfailgbfail Posts: 1
    Can anyone tell me what kind of real world fuel economy to expect on a 2001 Suburban 2500 w/8.1L engine?
  • dustyonedustyone Posts: 262
    >Can anyone tell me what kind of real world fuel economy to expect on a 2001 Suburban 2500 w/8.1L engine? <
    In town with a 6.0 liter, 3.73 rear and a light foot, I get approx 10 mpg and on a 1200 mile trip, I got 14.89 mpg, therefore with the 8.1, and a 4.10 rear while not towing, I expect one would get approx 9 intown and 13 on the road. [are you buying or did you buy for the gas mileage? :-) ]
  • xyz1965xyz1965 Posts: 1
    Help! Anyone out there aware smart theft can break in your Yukon XL via the On Star system. It happen to my new Yukon XL. I just note it after five minutes parking at down town Dallas, I close the door, the speaker screen fail out and miss one speaker. There was not a scratch on the door or the key lock. No alarm sounded off. I guess my dealer have not set up the On Star code, the theft can use the generic code to break in the Yukon XL. Be ware. If you buy the new car with On Star system, set up your On Star code as soon as you can.
  • whatever7whatever7 Posts: 19
    I have an 8.1 with 3.73 and I get approximately 9-10 in town and 11-12 on the freeway. It really does not seem to make a difference on the driving conditions.
  • nellcoopnellcoop Posts: 30
    I have a 2001 Suburban 1500 LT. It has a squeak that the dealer supposedly fixed but it's still with us. It seems to be more prevelant on the front passengers side and sounds like empty glass bottles with change rattling around in them. It's driving me NUTS! I am going to take it back to have them try to find it again but it seems to only be in town driving under 40-45 mph. Ideas?
  • sb55sb55 On an Island in VermontPosts: 182
    $1500.00 below invoice sounds really good. Where is this dealer?

2007 Miata, 2010 BMW 535xiT, 2014 Chevy Silverado LT Ext. cab, 2006 Subaru Legacy Wagon

• rhanson3rhanson3 Posts: 69
    I have a 1 month old Lund Trident bug shield 4 sale, it is painted white to match my 01 yukon xl and is in execellent condition. It creates a whistle on my front windshield, other don't have the problem and my dealer can't fix it. If interested e-mail me at bobh@rebarcpa.com
  • fssrlkfssrlk Posts: 3
    chuckee98 - Sorry no photos of my truck The truck is stock height, it does have autoride, 2 wheel drive. I didn't have any problems with the 305x50Rx20 Momo wheels and Toyo Tires. After going to 3 other locations and being disappointed. We heard about Wheel Warehouse, Anaheim, CA. They had alot to choose from new exactly what would and would not fit on my Yukon XL and I thought the price was right. They brought the wheels out to the vehicle and set them up on blocks to see what they looked like. If I figured right we are about 4% under the original rolling diameter, so I think the 305/45-20 tires will fit (no expert) I still have room to spare.
    have seen low-ball prices advertised.. they include $1K Suburban/Tahoe owners Loyalty Rebate coupon and some include Recent College Grad Rebate..... if you don't qualify for them.. no good..
    has anyone tried to remove polish like Nu Finish type ( not canauba wax) from the stipled black plastic that GM uses on their trucks... got some on my wife's new Black '01 'bourbon .. have tried just about everything to remove the white residue that I got on the black plastic wheel wells .won't come off ... tried three Chevy dealers and their detailers.. no one can help.. they look at you like no one else has come across this problem over at Chevy or GMC... any help appreciated...