Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chevrolet Aveo Tires/Wheels

2»

Comments

• fuzion apparently doesn't carry tires in the same size. i've looked at tirerack and now 1010tires but i want real world reviews. i need to replace my two front tires (185/55r15) and nobody in ft worth seems to carry this size in stock. so, two questions ..
    1 -- of the tires available in this size does anyone have real experience and can you give a recommendation?
    2. costco recommended going up one size (wider). true or should i stay w/ the same size?
    i've got the '06 aveo lt hatchback.
    thanks for the help.
  • busirisbusiris Posts: 3,490
    Normally, going up a size in width isn't a problem, unless you have really close wheel-well clearances, such as the Pontiac Solstice/Saturn Sky.

Does Costco have the next larger size in stock, or readily available?

I replaced the original 185/60R14's on my 05 Aveo with A quality Goodyear 185/65R14 without any problems. It made a very slight difference on the speedo, but Aveo speedometers are notoriously off by up to 5-8 MPH anyway, as it comes from the factory.. Somewhere on the Aveo forums, there is a multi-posting discussion about this.

Just curious...how many miles on the front tires? I ask, only because the Aveos are pretty rough on front tire wear, so I would refrain from investing high dollar amounts in them. On my Aveo, I replaced the tires at the same time my daughter did on her 05 Corolla (alligned both front/back of both cars at this time)...the new front tires on the Aveo were pretty much shot after 20 K miles, but my daughter's Corolla has about 40K miles on the same Goodyear's, and the front tires barely show any wear...Just FYI
  • flaaveoflaaveo Posts: 161
    Hi. Well my Aveo had ONLY 7,480 miles on it when I replaced the tires last week. The tires WERE rotated and balanced at only 1,000 miles! So the front had about a whopping 6,400 miles on them.
    I finally found a deal for a full set of tires, at a hole in the wall tire place, run by a local motorcycle 'gang', for lack of a better term. No lie! Next to their bar.
    But great mechanics. And no 'stem lube' charges either.
    I got a full set of Endura tires for $190, I checked the date on the tires, and they are about 9 months old. Not to old for a new tire.
    Got the exact same size 185/60r/14's. I just had the front end alignment done today at tire Kingdom for $80. They said the right front was 'off'. The readout was a microscopic about, in my opinion. BUT they say it is enough to wear out the outer edge of the tires. and the front ones wear bald to the wear bar, and the edges wear smooth!
    So thats that. A total of $270 for the entire deal.
    Having to replace a full set of tires at 7,500 miles is ridiculous. But I said they were junk from the day I joined this forum. And I stick by that comment!

And NOW I stick to the road!!! After months of sliding around, and the road noise was horrible. Now it is silent, quieter than when brand new. These Enduras are rated as a 'high performance' tire. Much to my shock! I checked them out online, and they are listed as a high performance tire. not a 'passenger' or 'touring' tire. so I got a great deal on them. all the other well known tire places wanted up to $300 for the bottom of the rack tires for this car. No one was below $250...until I found these guys. And yes they are ASE certified.and so far the car runs better than new.
    IF the tires 'fell off a truck'...I don't know anything about it. I have a paid receipt, and they are on the car. And I am not going to tell these guys they are not 'legit' tires! :shades:
  • patsaveopatsaveo Posts: 2
    I work at a tire factory if you don't want to die because of under or over inflating your tires, please listen very carefully. Look at the side wall of the tire for proper psi. (Ponds Per Square Inc.) and never NEVER EVER NEVER EVER the dealer recommendations. All factories GM FORD ECT. Rate the psi according to there high end Dealer option tires and rims. Then when they run out they just put what ever they can get there hands on on your car. Even if the tire is rated for 45 psi, 40psi, or even 25 psi and your care says 35psi guess what people they alway fill it to car recommendations. Thus causing all the major vehicle lawsuits. IF I WHERE YOU ID FIRST SCRATCH THAT STUPID STICKERS RECOMMENDATION OFF YOUR CAR AND ALWAYS GO BY WHAT THE TIRE SAYS. Now to help with what the tire says If it says 45psi cold and 40 psi hot. It means touch the tire is it cold or hot. then go by that. And always tell the STUPID oil change people the correct psi or they will under inflate or over inflate your tires leading to your death look it up if you don't believe me. look up Cooper, Hankook, Michelan, Firestone, what ever and look up proper inflation.
  • patsaveopatsaveo Posts: 2
    Please Read my above post Very Very Important will Save your Life
    Oil change places must be different where you live. I have never known one to check tire pressue unless specifically asked.

But, then again, I don't usually go to places like that, since its not uncommon for the tech to be "numerically" challenged, and unable to count to the correct number of quarts when refilling the crankcase.

Point well taken on the tire PSI issue, especially if you have replacement tires different from the original set.
  • poncho167poncho167 Posts: 1,178
    I have always went by what it says on the tires.
    I wonder what ever happened to plastic man?
  • I need to know because i just bought a set of 17 inch rims with 205/40/17 thinking for sure they will fit. Am I right, i really hope i am. Thanks for the help

Matt
  • thanks for all the help guys !
  • rustywprustywp Posts: 3
    :( Hello,

The retaining spring one one of my headlights and the service station "hotglued" the bulb in place! IF they can get it out, is it possible to get JUST that spring? The whole assembly would be $112- should I maybe try a local junkyard for a 2004-2006 Aveo?

Rusty
  • Has anyone on this forum been told that they would get free tires for the life of your Chevy Aveo? I was told that when I purchased my vehicle however, I cannot find my paperwork that they gave me when I bought it and I'm sure if I don't have it they will tell me that is not so. Just wondering if anyone else has been told the same thing, and if you have acted on it?
  • Is there any way to dissuade trolls from posting nonsense rumors on this list?
  • capriracercapriracer Somewhere in the USPosts: 798
    It's quite possible that some folks have bought vehicles that were sold with a "Free Tire Replacement" provision, but to my knowledge this has only been done at the dealer level, not the manufacturer's level.

That means the paperwork becomes extremely important - and will only be honored where the vehicle was sold - if it is still in buusiness.
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Posts: 10,897
    Please don't call other members trolls. Just because someone asks an odd question doesn't make them a troll. If you don't wish to address the question, please just skip it.

The obvious explanation was posted by capriracer below - it is likely a dealership-level promotion rather than a manufacturer-level promotion.

Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• mick1mick1 Posts: 84
    my dealer is giving me free air in my tires with the 15k service. i drove a hard bargain when i bought this car.
2»