Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ford Escape

Comments

• asiandudeasiandude Posts: 13
    We're running a 2.3 XLT (4x4 auto) for about a year and though the car is basically fine, well built and finished, we've a couple of issues:
    1. The fuel consumption is terrible, about 8km/lt on mixed town and highway driving (my 4.0 G Cherokee isn't much worse!!)
    2. The auto gear change is very shifty and there is a delay on the 2 - 1 down shift so turning at an inter section makes the car jerk, engine rattle etc.
    Are these usual for the vehicle? The dealer doesn't give much help and the car is quite rare in this part of the world.
    Any feedback is gratefully rec'd.
  • kapmikekapmike Posts: 1
    Recently bought a 2006 Ford Escape Hybrid with a navigation system. Everything is great except the navigation system. The multiple disks are problematic if your route crosses regions but worse is that the system often thinks I am a little further ahead or behind my actual location. It then may tell me to make a U-turn because it thinks I missed an exit that I actually haven't reached yet, or it thinks I exited early (maybe even drove off the road). The problem is sporadic and eventually corrects itself (though once it lasted more than a day and over 100 miles). The GPS signal strength is strong and my Ford dealership's service department can not find a problem. Does anyone else out there have this problem and any ideas on the cause and solutions?

Thank you.
  • mschmalmschmal Posts: 1,757
    It might help, if you only use the disc that has the DESTINATION you are trying to get to on it.

All of the discs have major roads for the whole country. Its the local roads for each region that are on the individual discs.

There really is no solution for this set up.

Mark.
  • shezabuteshezabute Posts: 2
    just out of curiosity, what did it run you for the egr valve? i'm having similar problems and don't want to get ripped off. thanks!
  • odie6lodie6l Hershey, PaPosts: 1,078
    My wife had our beautiful daughter on Sat June 24th at 9:10am. She weighed in at 6lbs 4oz. and just like mommy and older sister has red hair. :sick: I'm just hoping she doesn't have the temper to go with it. And then to add the topping on the cake.. my computer died monday morning and had to get a whole new system simply because my wife won't let me re-build it (again). Next comes the New house then we will start (again) looking at an Escape replacement.
    This short list now stands as; (not in any particular order)
    1. 2006 Mazda5 (possible 2007 model)
    2. 2007 Mazda CX-7 (wife like this)
    3. 2007 Ford Edge (if available)
    4. 2006 Ford Freestyle
    5. 2006 Honda Pilot
    6. 2006 Scion xB (I'm still holding onto this one)
    7. 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 4dr (if available)

Odie
    Odie's Carspace
  • tidestertidester Posts: 10,110
    Congratulations, Odie!! I hope mom and daughter are doing fine.

tidester, host
  • scape2scape2 Posts: 4,119
    Congrats on your daughter odie!
    The Mazda CX-7 is getting pretty good reviews around the net... :shades:
    yeah, I've been reading up on it, got to test drive before Sarah arrived. It is a nice vehicle, but the Premium Fuel is going to be it's downfall with my wife I'm afraid.

Odie
    Odie's Carspace
    Well, we decided to stop at the a Local Honda Dealer on the way home from Costco (with a full Load) with my Escape to look at an '06 Pilot (humoring my wife) and see what type of deal Mr. Opportunity would have for us. Long story short I bought a Amazon Green 2006 Honda Pilot EX for $20,250. And to make matters worse my slip of the tongue to my wife after her test drive named it, I asked her how she like 'The Beast' and my daughter turned around and said "New car named The Beast daddy?" The sticker was $30,250 and they knocked $1000 off to start, then gave me $9000 trade. The best part of the deal, was they threw in the entire towing package and pinstripping for free. After some negotiation we arranged payment's of $300 month for 5 yr. I can say I very happy, and cannot wait till Sat morning to pick-up 'The Beast'.

Odie
    Odie's Carspace

P.S. - We stopped for lunch at a Chinese restaraunt and I was surprised by the Fortune Cookie I had gotten. It read "Opportunity is knocking on your door - answer it tomorrow." My wife didn't see the irony in it, but I thought it was hilarious. And you know I'm gonna play the numbers on the back in the Powerball Sat night too. :shades:

P.S.S. - I will continue to watch this group because if a question should arrise about an '01 escape I might have an answer for you.
  • scape2scape2 Posts: 4,119
    Hey Odie, congrats on the Pilot... I'm going to win the Powerball... My wife won free tickets to anywhere this week from a radio station.. I'm feeling lucky ;)
  • tidestertidester Posts: 10,110
    Opportunity is knocking on your door - answer it tomorrow.

Some "opportunities" are best avoided! :)

Regarding the PowerBall - I usually pick the RIGHT numbers but PowerBall always messes up and draws the WRONG ones.

tidester, host
    Man you were shopping for a long time.

BTW green pilots depreciate the fastest...

JUST KIDDING. GOOD LUCK MAN

Mark.
    When I get a nice and sunny day (tomorrow) I will snap a few pics and post them on my Carspace site. I know I was talking about trading for awhile, but mostly because it was my wife hounding me about it.

Odie
    Odie's Carspace
    I just added a bunch of pictures of 'The Beast' to my Carspace.

Odie
    Odie's Carspace
    Is that your WRX in the background? Lets see more photos of that!

Mark.
    nah, that's one of my neighbors 3 WRX's (best looking of the bunch).

Odie
    Odie's Carspace
  • Same problem same car. 2005 XLT 4x4 with 45k. Have vibration and clunk around 50-60mph and 2-2.5k on the tac. Scared and worried. Love to put about 175k on my vehicles, but thinking about getting rid of this one. Is it too late for extended coverage?

Please let me know how you do.

Charlie.
  • I just got a 2002 escape xlt, but I didn't get the manual. I'm just wondering what kind of the gas to fuel? Regular,Plus or Premium? Does the regular work well? Thanks!

It's a stupid question, but I really don't know it:(

Besides, when I checked the car the mechanic told me there are some oil leakage from the rear shocks. He said it's a very typical problem on escapes/tributes. I don't know how much I need to pay to replace them. Does anyone have similar situation?
  • yucaipayucaipa Posts: 2
    I have recently purchased a 2006 Escape XLT and I like everything about it except the seats. I am not a large person (5' 7" and 160 Lbs) but the driver's seat is very uncomfortable. Kind of like sitting in a vise. I traded a 2001 Mustang GT for the Escape and also am driving a 2004 Ford Focus at this time. I've never encountered car seats quite like the seats on this Escape. Has anyone else encountered this problem? I don't have 500 miles on this thing and I am thinking about getting seat cushions for it.
    Yes, even the Ford GT is tuned to run on regular.

Mark

(some lincolns are tuned for premium.)