Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ford Escape

1143144145146147149»

Comments

• bdymentbdyment Posts: 549
    I read that BMW is using the same technology as Ford does with the Escape to open the hatch on their new 3 series SUV. Wave your foot under the bumper, just like Ford. Seems to be catching on.
  • markus5markus5 Posts: 102
    Loosing the pop- open glass is still a bad idea, we loose some load carrying options.
    I understand that Ford got everything they possibly could out of the old body style. I really liked the dynamics of the new vehicle, the new ecoboost engines and most of the rest, still they should found some way to save the pop open window.
  • I read a review in the Wall Street Journal recently that stated older turbos burned hotter and it was the oil you used that mattered most. They have that under control these days with synthetics and mixtures. (I use AmSoil myself.) And the technology has improved.

I'll be picking up a 1.6 L turbo Escape from Brighton Ford on Monday. The fuel efficiency as others have posted depends more upon the driver than the EPA listing. (By the way, the EPA tests without any ethanol in their gas, so their mileage always will be higher.)

It is saft to buy and it will give you the combined fuel efficiency in the real world depending upon how you drive it. Turn off the car at stoplights for more than 2 minutes. Don't do jack rabbit starts. Keep it 65 and under on the highway. Keep tires inflated properly.
  • interested in hearing the mileage you get in your 2013 Escape
    I have an 08 & 09
    thinking about trading one in
    I'm getting 32.7mpg with both mine

give yours some miles on the road- then state what mpg you are getting
    because you know how to properly drive to get the best mpg
  • nvbankernvbanker Posts: 7,285
    The pop-open window is gone on my 12 Explorer too. I miss it as well.
  • jim2766jim2766 Posts: 2
    Ours is the Titanium model with the 2.0, and its still not being shipped to the dealer, 4 weeks now on hold at the local rail yard!!
  • Ordered 2013 escape sel on 6/26, was built on 7/23. Dealer tells me it is on hold. Delivery now week of 8/15.

How long are others waiting for delivery?
  • al63017al63017 Posts: 149
    Ordered Titanium on 7/25 built on 8/14 delivery 8/27-31 or week of 8/27.