Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mitsubishi Outlander Modifications and Accessories

2»

Comments

• Your 07 Outlander has a cold air intake stock, no need to change it.
  • Comes without the rails from the factory (different components in the roof drain)
  • Can the side rails of roof rack be removed ????
  • rcpaxrcpax Posts: 580
    Of course. But why?
  • it is set up like a CAI, but still uses a restrictive air box & filter. To take advantage of true CAI benefits, it would need to use a mandrel bent tube with a larger surface area/less restrictive filter.
  • I have a LS AWD and know (100%) I do not have heated mirrors. I read all the previous posts about the subject and looks like Mitsubishi decided to include heated mirror in different countries/areas, but not up here in northern WI...go figure.
    My question:
    Has anyone installed and or bought/researched the required parts to have heated mirrors? I would gues that I would need new lenses, but have not taken the door apart to see if there is a plug in for the lense. I know how they would turn on, (rear defog) and there is a factory installed 7.5 amp fuse for heated mirrors in the fuse box.
    Anyone?
  • growwisegrowwise Posts: 297
    I got my front windows tinted. XLS looks sharp now. Got 35% tint to keep it legal. After a good car wash, I have dropped the idea of getting my wheels powder coated. Those factory wheels look fine and besides, chrome on the door handles and roof rails may not gell with dark wheels. However, graphite gray might go with black or gray (gun metal finish)..
  • Has anyone added fog or other driving lights to the XLS with Xenons since Mitsu sacrificed them to DRL's? Appreciate any details of a good kit and hookups.
  • batman47batman47 Posts: 606
    How did you do that? Have you done it in a Mitsu dealer or somewhere?
  • Does anyone know where I can purchase a set of running boards for an 08 outlander.???? Only 940 miles on it, I need them desperately to protect the paint.
  • Does anybody know where I can get fog lights for my wife's outlander. Dealer wants 180 for kit. On auction site they have them for $200+. I am looking for halogens in $30-45 range that will have factory look.
  • comem47comem47 Posts: 395
    There is a good reason the factory kit isn't cheap. Besides the true aimable fog lights
    that fit, there is a wiring harness, a relay and above all else a new signal stalk that has the fog light switch in it (unplug the old stalk and plug in the new one).

If you wish to mount a toggle switch somewhere on the dash and roll your own it will
    work, but now a days you're supposed to make it so that fogs only come on with low beams (wire your own relay circuit for this). I paid the piper and got the factory setup on the internet (saving maybe $40 from the dealer price for the kit only....labor is extra and it did take a bit of my time removing the bumper to do it right).
  • toomanyfumestoomanyfumes S.E. Wisconsin Posts: 903
    Be careful with aftermarket fog lights. I ordered a set from Ebay for my LS. Auction claimed they fit like factory and they showed a photo of them installed. What I recieved was a generic light set that was too small for the bumper opening.

Also, there was no way to mount them. This kit had a bracket to mount to a metal surface. There is nothing behind the bumper on the Outlander and the light must attach to the bumper itself. I ended up sending them back.
  • piastpiast Posts: 269
    Good all season (rubber) floor mats are now available for 07/08 Outlanders from “Weathertech”. At $99 they are not cheap, but at least available.
  • piastpiast Posts: 269
    I wonder which ones are better: All weather floor mats ($99 for 1& 2 row set) or front floor liners ($99 just front). From description on Weathertech site, floor liner seams to be better (custom) fit, where all-season mats are noted as semi-custom fit. Also their cargo liner looks good too, unfortunately, it is even pricier. I saw some liners on eBay, from eBay retailer for $49 +SH, but few buyers described them as cheap, flimsy and pretty thin. Majority was satisfied, and pointed to be good fit. Any thoughts?
  • I have a 2003 Outlander and the fusable Link broke I replaced it and it has a new battery but it still will not start is there another fuse or something somewhere I could be missing
    I bought a set of the Weathertech's. All weather mats. The fronts fit perfectly, the backs had to be trimmed and just fit OK. The fronts have the holes where they hook in and wont move.

I'm happy with them. Way better than stock, the rubber is nice and soft compared to cheaper mats, comfortable to drive barefoot, and they keep rain/mud/snow off of the carpet well.
  • has anyone done business with this company for the dash kit and seat covers?

CARID IN Cranberry Towship NJ

Please give me your evaluation and/or recommend another competent company for these items. thanks

willcout
    Comments about this product:

http://www.tiregate.com/hg-series/

I got a pucture sometimes ago in a muddy and raining situation. This may help. Perhaps forum members should write to this company to ask for a similar model for the Outlander (swing-away spare tire carrier)
  • steverstever Viva Las CrucesPosts: 41,286
    edited November 2012
    That may be okay if you leave it in the garage most of the time (mount a second spare or just call an auto club when you're in town?). But I use my hatch thousands of times more than I need to fix a flat* and having to swing the spare out of the way every time would get old fast. Out wheeling it could make sense.

(* I seem to average about one flat a year, and I know the rain and mud drill. :sick: )

Minivan fan. Feel free to message or email me - stever@edmunds.com.

This toy is not to be used permanently in the car. I think it is applicable only when the user wants to adventure out of tarmac roads (e.g. gravel, rocky paths, mud, snow or ice). It is much better to have a full size spare tire to continue the adventure than the replacement OEM spare tire.

However after a phone with the manufacture technician I was told that the OEM Outlander tow hitch is Class II and their spare tire carrier require a Class III hitch with an opening square drawbar: 2 "(51 mm). The OEM Outlander tow hitch has a drawbar: 1.25” (32 mm).

Class III tow hitch provides the torsion capability to support the total weight of a full size 225/55R18 tire or bigger. The Class III tow hitch sold for this manufacturer is able to carry a full size spare tire as well as towing a boat or a caravan at the same time.
    The Outlander OEM all weather floor mats (MZ314175, $ 124) front and rear area is a good bet. Perhaps the set is $20 above after market prices but they fix neatly onto the Outlander area and they have the Outlander logo and they are washable.
    I should know better but it's been so long since I bought a new car I forget that they don't come with full size spares any more (even SUVs). I had to get one for my van back in '99 but luckily it fit underneath where the compact one lived.

Interesting about the torque, but it makes sense. A heavy tire would want to bounce around back there, especially on the trails.

Can't say I've ever seen a tire bag for protection underneath.

I mounted a Reese class III hitch on my '07 Outlander this year, I don't think I saw an aftermarket class II. I have the Weathertech mats in mine, they fit good and are wearing well. My 2012 Mustang came without a spare, just a can of fix-a-flat and a small compressor.
  • fushigifushigi Posts: 1,243
    It's my understanding (could be wrong though) that it's not an SUV thing but an AWD/4WD thing. 4WD has to have the same size tire on all corners so spares have to be full size. Of course, the fix-a-flat option would be valid for 4WD if the carmaker wanted to save a few dollars & pounds.
    edited December 2012
    Hm, I think it's the circumference that's critical, not necessarily the footprint for AWDs. My AWD wagon has a compact spare for example. A full size fits in the spare tire well okay but it's too fat for the little shelf to fit in there with it. My old CJ-5 had a full size but I don't even know if they had compact spares back in '74. :-)

The first accessory I got for my '99 minivan was a full size spare (and it paid off too). I threw away one of the bench seats so the extra weight of the spare was offset.

2»